What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you work at a bank, don't wash smelly money

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
There is a pic of her in the link

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/02/09/2011-02-09_she_allegedly_exchanged_20_bills_that_reeked_of_marijuana_for_clean_benjamins_th.html

The feds have busted a smooth-talking bank employee suspected of laundering $50,000 in drug money at her branch and a neighboring competitor.

Natanzia St. Rose, an assistant manager at the East Hills, L.I., branch of JPMorgan Chase, allegedly came up with a simple scheme:

The pretty Queens woman told her supervisor that a representative of the nearby Bank of America branch needed hundred-dollar bills and asked if Chase would exchange them for $20 bills, according to authorities.

Her boss okayed the request, and St. Rose walked into the vault with $30,000 in $20 bills that reeked of marijuana, changing them for clean Benjamins, a complaint filed in Brooklyn Federal Court charges.

St. Rose might have gotten away with the switch if her diligent supervisor had not called her counterpart at the nearby Bank of America to verify the transaction.

The supervisor was told the bank had made no such request for $100 bills.

In fact, the Bank of America manager reported that St. Rose had previously come over and passed $20,000 in $20 bills using the same story - that JPMorgan Chase needed Benjamins.

St. Rose, 36, of Queens Village, was arrested last Thursday by federal agents from a money-laundering task force and released on $150,000 bail.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Brendan King has charged St. Rose with making illegal bank transactions of amounts exceeding $10,000 to avoid the filing of an official report.

St. Rose apparently believed that because the JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America managers thought they were exchanging the cash as a courtesy to each other, no currency transaction report was required.

The criminal complaint states that St. Rose remains under investigation for "possible money laundering and structuring of narcotics proceeds through financial institutions."

Both banks are cooperating with investigators.

Michael Fusco, a spokesman for JPMorgan Chase, said St. Rose has been fired.

"We're working closely with the authorities on the investigation, and no customer accounts were affected," Fusco said.

The complaint also notes that St. Rose had just recently been assigned to work at the East Hills branch and was not scheduled to work last Oct. 27, the day she allegedly pulled her scam.

St. Rose couldn't come up with much of a story when reached by the Daily News on Tuesday.

"How did you find me?" she said at her home.

Asked why the money was said to reek of weed, she said: "No, nothing like that happened. I can't talk about it."

The pretty Queens woman...

600px-No_sign2.svg.png

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I love nyc .. where else can u lay the smack down and have her wash ur money ..they a dime a dozen ..but there stupid why wouldn't u try to air the money out first ..or kill the smell ..

STFU

I understand everything. But why did the money reek of weed? Was the drug dealer storing his cash in the same bag as his pounds? This is beyond me.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know sometimes when I bust out my wallet I smell a tad of chronic lol Most likely from handling money and weed at the same time, he must have been counting it as he was trimming! That or he stashed his money and weed in same spot...

I would have preferred to keep the 20's, it is more volume but easier to spend. Places can't break 100's all the time, because people rob for much less. He must have not planned on spending that anytime soon, just stacking them away...

She is an idiot for getting involed......

catcherintheye

she is NEIN! hot... boo linebaker biceps. lmao she didnt get caught cos the bills smelled but because her supervisor called the other bank to make sure she wasnt lying. everyone just thought the other branch was a bunch of banker/stoners?

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
sometimes people put it in the same locked safe, without thinking i guess.

catcherintheye

i dry my bud in closet with all my shit. it literally reeks for months after. all my clothes smell like pot until washed from only a few weeks of drying. my bet is the money was near some drying buds like a dry room maybe. all the bud moisture evaporating is stinky as hell and absorbed in the paper money is my bet.

edit: guess she should have literally washed the money first.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I don't know sometimes when I bust out my wallet I smell a tad of chronic lol Most likely from handling money and weed at the same time, he must have been counting it as he was trimming! That or he stashed his money and weed in same spot...

I would have preferred to keep the 20's, it is more volume but easier to spend. Places can't break 100's all the time, because people rob for much less. He must have not planned on spending that anytime soon, just stacking them away...

She is an idiot for getting involed......

What smells there is your leather wallet bud they soke up the mj smell incredibly I always take my wallet out before going to any room leather is the problem.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to know lol, well my wallet is always laying on my desk, and my desk is covered in half smoked greenies, grinders, pipes, rolling trays, papers, ashtray, scissors two lighters....about 6 bags of weed right now, a box of weed behind me, and a filing cab with weed also....I guess my wallet needs to stop coming in the office....

Also I need a new desk, been rolling doobies here for 8 years now, it is getting bad lol

Green lung

Veteran
I was depositing a little bit of cash once at the bank and after putting the cash into the auto counter. She was like oh your money smells good (i sprayed it with vanilla scent). And she started to tell me how some times money stinks when people bring it in ect. I was like yeah I hate it when they smell like cigs ect. She was like oh no this guy came in the other day and his cash reeked of marijuana after the auto counter counted it smelling up the bank. I 'm like wow thats crazy lol

BlindDate

Veteran
Anything leather will soak up the smell for some reason. NEVER keep a leather coat in your grow. I did it once and had to explain the smell. Told them it got wet and then moldy blah blah blah.