What's new

If you wanted to grow commercial...

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Your doing the right thing by doing research first, so props on that.

But lets clear up some things that stand out-

$5k- Will get you absolutely nothing. If you even breathe the word commercial you should have at least three times that saved up, hopefully more.

Finding buyers- This needs to be done well before you even start growing. And 'finding' someone to buy weight? Sketch. Yamaha has the optimal position... you want someone you've known for years and years, and you only want to deal with one buyer. What do you do if you manage to pull off you first grow, and have pounds that you have nothing to do with? Chances are you smoke it all or sell it for way less then it should be.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i disagree with you trying to grow a ton without being able to move shit safely and easily. that being said, with the 5g's you have for startup i don't envision you growing so much as to having it come out of your ears. you could harvest in waves and actually do a good job on them and cure them for longtime storage. that way if it does end up sitting it will not only be all good, it will probably be much better with cure.

and so what if it stockpiles in the beginning? it sounds like you are starting small and trying to throw money back into it and expand (am i right?) once a solid buyer comes through, the extra 5 lbs sitting around isn't gonna take long to disappear

that being said, concentrate on finding a buyer but do it by doing nothing at all. just observe. all good things come to those who wait. eventually you meet someone whose flippin weight and you go from there. but never tell them you are growing it or even sitting on it. just mention that you know a guy...

dontst^^ good points.

IMO, 5k to invest is more than enough for a decent manageable grow. Let's assume the person had some experience, and has alot of the smaller "knick nacks" needed for the grow, like pots, hydro setup, few lights etc... The 5k could be used to tighten the show up on expanding the lighting, ducting, fans etc..

I guess the opinions here will greatly differ because everyone has a different idea of how a commercial show would be to them.

C

cbf

with 5k you can easily set something up at home with a FEW plants. By few I mean less than 100.

get an 4x8 ebb flow table that can hold upwards of 160 (if i recall correctly) plants and put two thousand watters over it or three 600's, with 5k you can afford a table, a few lights, some nutes and electricity to complete a crop, with that completion you learn your strain better, how it likes nutrients, and how to do what you've gotta do to make it all work together.

if you can complete that and have extra product for your "commercial" ventures. Build your investment up.

Great post, I agree, 5K will get you some a couple lights, the equipment, nutes, and rented space for a clone, veg, and flower chamber. Also keeping in consideration that it takes 2 1/2 months to see a return on your investment (2 months rent, electric etc.)

5k is not enough for a large commercial venture, but you could grow for yourself and then save whatever extra you have left over from the next few harvests and reinvest until you have a bigger and bigger setup and reach your goal eventually.

Outdoors it's a total different game, because you shoot for one big harvest..

edit - does this thread smell like bacon?

Last edited:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i've been calling a couple dudes out lately... not this one in particular, but a few...

also, if you "wish you could sell 3 zips a month safely" sounds like commercial is not right for you. YOU don't get rid of ANYTHING. you have a small, tight-knit circle and THEY get rid of it. growing tons + selling tons yourself = lots of time to think about it in jail

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
and i thought i would point out. this "tight circle" is NOT to include people who are so close to you that if someone were to buy weed off them it would be automatically assumed that u were in on it...

common sense people. shit is on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS. extra peeps find out, its either bust or (attempted) rip time.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I'd be happy to smoke your three oz. a month!!!

If you want to go commercial, make sure you've got a smaller scale dialed in. Make sure you've selected multiple strains that can flourish and rotate (you don't want people bored with the same weed again and again). See what happens when you pull off a much smaller grow; ie-how much can you get per plant.
Then see if you can swing much smaller amounts. Honestly you're gonna make more dough by selling in smaller weight than you would slinging Lbs...but it's obviously more exposure and less safe.
You've gotta discount heavy weight to your buyer. Smaller weight usually means higher prices.
I'll give you an example: 10-20 years ago an oz. of "kind" bud went for $300-600. I'd say that price range is still fairly accurate and probably closer to the top end range now.
Candy stores at that time in Manhattan were selling "dime" bags which were in fact not even a gram....on average they were .5-.75 grams per bag.....for $25-$35.
At that time I could procure a Lb for 3K to 5500....depending on strain, and the person I was getting it from and where they were in the pecking order of distribution.
If anything, prices are a bit more closely aligned with the higher tier these days.
Even if you're selling weed at 300 a zip these days it's a nice tidy profit....and the jokers who get it from you turn it over for a proft by tacking on 50 or 100 clams each time.....until it gets to almost 600 at the end of the totem pole.
Of course I wouldn't bother doing anything crazy like that these days...if I had as surplus of weight, I could blow it out to 1 person at 3K a Lb...all year long.....and it could even be the same boring strain....no problems....

And for the record; yeah...I smell bacon, both canadian and standard....as well as some taylor ham and sausage.

Doctor Who

accessndx said:
.................And for the record; yeah...I smell bacon, both canadian and standard....as well as some taylor ham and sausage.
Excellent post!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to accessndx again.

C

cway

5k is not enough to get you started on a big commercial grow but it is enough to start building towards it... Start with a 2k setup in a SOG hydro or soil.. 5K should be enough to buy lights, fans, and nutes for 2K... with the right strain and mothers you could very realistically yeild 4lbs and sold in zips or qp's that should get you about 20K if you dont smoke any of your harvest.. Then invest that into a house and some more lights.. build it up slowly.. No ones starts out with a huge commerical grow.. Start with what you can and INVEST YOUR PROFITS..... oh yeah and more importantly dont smoke your profits..

Y

yamaha_1fan

cway said:
No ones starts out with a huge commerical grow..

Well I wouldnt say none :D

There is some sense to starting out small and getting your strain dialed in. There are also problems you just arent going to see until you go big.

IMO growing and selling OZ, dime bags etc is WeToddIt

Last edited:
C

cway

I guess that some do.. If you have the capital.. Folks who dont have it gotta start somehweres...

Latest posts

Latest posts