What's new

If you have have pets that shed all the time

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I just got this thing for my cats and it is nuts. I've had that cheap brushes for a while and they never really worked that well. With this thing the hair just comes right out without hurting them one bit. If you have a dog with lots of hair the large one would be great. I have been holding of on getting one since they are $$$ just to comb your pets, but I'm glad I did it. The hair in my place is less of a problem and it's only been a few days. Each size is a different color so you aren't stuck with purple. I feel the up front cost in the long run is well worth it. They are a bit cheaper on amazon.com then in the stores around my house. Check them out.

www.furminator.com

D

DogBoy

Just wrap the cat in cling film and replace weekly. It's far easier.

NOKUY

Veteran
i too am the proud owner of the furminator....best 70 bucks i spent for a dog brush.

yukon likes it too.

...here is yukon after about half a brush using the "furminator" (we have the great big one BTW)

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I figured you of all people would have one. The thing is nuts. I've been furnimating all the cats that hang outside my place. Then I throw the hair in the trees for the birds.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
FrankRizzo said:
Then I throw the hair in the trees for the birds.
Unlike NOKUY, who probably saves it up until there's enough for a nice pair of mittens, and has it spun into yarn. :D
LOVE the pic of Yukon with the pile of fur around him!

NOKUY

Veteran
stinkyattic said:
Unlike NOKUY, who probably saves it up until there's enough for a nice pair of mittens, and has it spun into yarn. :D
LOVE the pic of Yukon with the pile of fur around him!

lol...actually the birds do snatch up his fur for their nests all the time....id love a sweater tho.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
It's a great source of nitrogen but warning your dogs fur can be connected back to you & your grow. Use your friends dog hair. Bury it under your plants.

NOKUY

Veteran
GeorgeSmiley said:
The mid size yellow one completely owns my husky/malamute and my long/rough coat St. Bernard. I let a relative borrow it and she cracked one of the teeth off by dropping it.

mine is the big yellow one, and ive heard of peeps bithin before about breaking the teeth on them.

...i lost the guard that came w/ it, so now when i store mine I wrap the teeth in a cpl layers of good ol duct tape.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
For the rest of us cheap folks, I go to the dollar store, buy two floor scrubbing brushes with handles. The dog chews on one while I brush with the other, switch, and then the two brushes can be used to clean each other out and go again. Birds still get the hair, dog loves it, 2 bucks.
H

L

Lune TNS

I too have one of these, it's worth the money and lives up to the hype... shocking how much hair it takes off...

thanks for the tip!

i got a similar product with larger spaces between the teeth, works good but not great.

been resorting to giving my dog short hair cuts but he still sheds alot.

-peace

Latest posts

Latest posts