What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If someone knocked on my door to investigate...

Norrath

if someone, police or anyone for that matter, knocked on my door in an apartment building, to investigate a grow, do i have to let them in? or even open the door?

the old bat next door never opens her door when i hear the landlord talking to her through the door.. i figure it's rude, but necessary in the case of the police.

i have read and seen many videos stating, never open the door for police, just speak through a window or the door or not at all.(barry cooper's never get raided..that youtube video know your rights) but it's all american published stuff, what about our laws here?

if RCMP were knocking, i dont have to answer at all do i?

are crimestoppers good at what they do?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
you absolutly do not have to answer the door. there is no law saying you are obligated to open your door unless they have a warrant. what if you were in the shower? what if you arent home? what if you are deaf? no warrant= byebye. patrol officers dont have time to stand and knock on your door for half an hour when there is a gun call up the street. just ignore them, if they really want to talk to you they will see a judge first.

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
not if it was just uniformed police. they could be looking for a lost kid or who knows, someone could have hit and run your car parked on the street. if they are there for mj it would likely be a detective not a uniformed officer. even iff it was a detective he would leave his card and you could decide what to do from that point. simply uniformed cops at your door is no need for a tear down. it could be anything. either way, i would not be opening the door unless they anounced they had a warrant.

Norrath

i am just curious because it has been brought to my attention from an ex girlfriend that a girl whom i was seeing(vindictive BITCH) contacted my ex gf and boasted to her about calling crimestoppers on my POT SMOKING. but you know what else i have to hide, so it worries me.

so if they came knock and talking, i dont have to answer at all. my apprentice just had his plants taken through an unrelated warrant to enter his premise. they took his plants, left the equipment(my equipment) and left all the nutes and pots and such, and just left.

the popo's that took his plants even said, it was REALLY hard to get a warrant for his unit, EVEN WITH his super spotted record. NO punishment, no follow up. It will probably be fairly hard to get a warrant for his unit again, and was saying i shouldnt fret, with my hole in the wall set up, even if they somehow get inside, and then do some snooping, they wont hand out much a punishment......with my nil record. that's worst case scenario.

my place doesnt smell of pot, nor do i smoke inside, so i should be fairly odor tight, so they wont have any reason to barge in with probable cause or whatever.

maybe this changes your opinion, BBB; but i still think ill be fine as long as i dont have to answer the door, and i havent been toking up indoors..

my partner fellow even was telling me a funny story about what he thought the crimestoppers operator was probably doing while taking down the information from the obviously jealous/delerious/vindictive/angry/psycho biotch of an ex gf raving on about illegal activity of pot smoking. He was saying she probably made the operator roll his/her eyes, puts up their feet on the desk, uh huh, uh huh, so you saw him smoking POT did you? that's terrible, we'll have someone on it right away.... starts doodling....oh we have a caller with a REAL emergency, hello, your dog has run away? OKAY we'll be right on it, sorry maam, where were you, so did he say what strain it was?(as the operator starts legitimately being interested...) and then he finished with saying...people in BC, everyone smokes...

the way he said it was just plain comedic gold. it really lightened my spirits, but still has me worried.

ps. and she's the one who does hard drugs. sigh, such a hypocritical nutcase. cannabis should not be illegal - for the millionth time.

t.o.med

norrath- dont answer the door beleive me if the cops want to talk they will leave a card or find out your phone number and leave a message. i answer the door for no one unless theyve called ahead and i want them there. your landlord needs to give you written 24 hour notice to inspect the apartment. also if your worried change your lock to a high security deadbolt its worth the 200 bucks. that way they will need a locksmith to get in your apartment and if they have no warrent nothing will happen.

t.o.med

oh and the crime stoppers thing i had some friends who lived in a townhouse complex who were growing and to see what would happen they called crime stoppers every day for 3 months on the guy who lived across the street who wasnt growing to see if the cops would do anything. no raid no knock and talk not even a phone call. i wouldnt worry to much.

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
btw, on a side note, once your door opens, everything changes, they can push the door and say you invited them in. or they can say they heard screams from the back bedroom so they investigated only to find that it was a horror movie on the tv in the back bedroom but in plain site was weed on your dresser ect. NEVER OPEN THE DOOR. if you do all bets are off. police now control YOUR property til they see fit to leave.

TheCuriousOne

An ex-girlfriend is a HUGE security breach...Better safe then sorry my friend.
I know it hurts, but I suggest for you to close down shop, play it cool for a couple few months.
If nothing ever comes of it, atleast you'll be free to grow again. If they come to kick your door down, atleast you'll be free to grow again.
If you even have to ask that question in the first place. This is coming from a guy who had an ex girlfriend turn him in...I've done the time, I also learned a valuable lesson...
Be safe brother

Norrath

but i dont think i should jump to conclusions either. i know my rights.

she's not even my ex girlfriend, i was doing her for a month, and now i want no more, and she's gone ballistic, you go to hell, youre fucked, get a life. tons of meaningless beratement being thrown at me. i ignore, but then she gloated to my actual ex girlfriend of 2 years, and she knows i smoke, a lot...for my back mainly.

this crazy girl of one month told crimestoppers i smoke pot. she has never seen a grow show ever. she doesnt even know it exists. but the fact of the matter it may be ON premises if and when they show up to investigate pot smoking.

there is no way theyre going to investigate on pot smoking. i doubt in the USA theyd even have the resources to look at every pot smoke complaint - though im sure i could very well be wrong; it just doesnt seem like a viable way to spend our RCMP's time(or whomever for that matter)

even if she somehow escalates it into an investigation. i dont have to open the door without a warrant. and even then i dont. i just needed clarification:D

thanks for the advice all ya'll!

I've read that people have openned the door, the cops claimed a strong smell of MJ growin and used the claim to get a warrant.

Question...if they have a warrant, do they ever bother knockin? Or is it swat team style takedown?

Norrath

I've read that people have openned the door, the cops claimed a strong smell of MJ growin and used the claim to get a warrant.

Question...if they have a warrant, do they ever bother knockin? Or is it swat team style takedown?

to your question, the police are adrenaline junkies, they prep for a warrant take down, and get all hyped out. i saw the ones that took my friends plants thru an unrelated warrant that lent them undisputed access to his flat. i saw the police in the elevator, they were all pumped up ready to DO THIS, sort of thing. it was disgusting.

anyway, my opinion, they will knock and state who they are, and ramifications, then just go ahead with WHATEVER they are there to do. perhaps in a rental accomodation they might have the foresight to call the landlord to open with a key, but they very well might just take it off the hinges if there is no answer. what's a door worth if they get that RUSH, right?

ive also heard once the door is open, they can claim anything and then use that anything to investigate further. quite the travesty.

even if the police/investigators were at the door for something obviously unrelated to my own fiasco, i would ask them to meet me in the lobby, or even come around the front of hte building and i can talk to them from the porch, or on the phone. it's common practice to talk THROUGH a door at someone apparently, because the ol' bat next door does this frequently, as im walking by there will be murmuring and speaking at me from nowhere; except it's from someone through the door AT me. weirdos are out there, we can claim to be reclusive as well. no problem with not opening the door in my opinion.

(from what ive read and researched most was from the USA, so i needed to check with my canadians)

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
if they know whos house they are raiding and the person has no history of weapons and it is a grow op that thye couldnt possibly dispose of they have to announce themselves and give you a reasonable amount of time to answer. like 5-10 second. they cant just swat your house for plants.

D

deepforest

the popo's that took his plants even said, it was REALLY hard to get a warrant for his unit, EVEN WITH his super spotted record. NO punishment, no follow up. It will probably be fairly hard to get a warrant for his unit again, and was saying i shouldnt fret, with my hole in the wall set up, even if they somehow get inside, and then do some snooping, they wont hand out much a punishment......with my nil record. that's worst case scenario.

bud i like you from your posts but you are getting too comfy. the cops are lying fucking low lifes and if they can screw you, they will. you living in BC w/ a clean record means nothing. they are talking shit and being friendly, but do u honestly think a pig with a chance will turn down the opportunity to charge you, try and lock u up, and put anther notch in his belt? believe me, i used to believe and almost trust cops, and it fucked me over. i learned a hard lesson that i will never forget. They are out to fuck you, and to fuck you hard. dont get so complacent. i was spotless and clean and they still got me for everything. you cant trust a pig and i know your going to read this and tell yourself ur situation is different but a pig sees you and your setup as another half workday for him. your nothing to the slimeballs. they WANT TO INCARCERATE YOU. people get charged and go to jail all the time in BC, its not a fairy tale land. if they can bop u for 12 plants they'll do it and while u may not go to jail (maybe you will under c15) theyll take ur shit and at least temporarily fuck your life. dont be dumb

i know ur probably fine with your small grow and personally from the sounds of it id probably keep growing normally but change that attitude for the future cause i used to be just like u aka. "im just a small time grower with no record if i get popped they wont bother charging me and fucking my life"

D

deepforest

p.s. u oughta give that snitch somthing really to call crimestoppers about aka "the snitch line"

i cant believe people still rat in this day and age... keep it mums the word. too bad shes a girl cause that makes it a bit tougher to rationalize an aluminum bat rendevouz but snitches deserve everything they get

E

Evades Capture

They need a warrant for entry. I've always just ignored them when they came by without a warrant, pretended I wasn't there. I shouldn't be obliged to answer to anyone if I don't feel like it - I'm not a dog! Besides, if they have a warrant, they'll kick the door down or have the manager unlock it.

Here's a link to the arrest handbook from the BC Civil Liberties Association. It's a good, up-to-date primer and I suggest you read it if you're to be basically prepared for the police:

http://www.bccla.org/arrest/index.html

I also suggest following that up with a read of our charter. And, if the pigs violate your rights and charge you, memorize badge numbers and make a complaint right away - it will help your case. If you live in BC, here's a link to a helpful brochure:

http://www.bccla.org/othercontent/police complaint 2006.pdf

mr noodles

time to think what in her life that can be used against her ...

you know every women have their dirty secret...use your brain and you might found something that will get this bitch busy with something else to be obsessed ...these little princess leave a huge trail of shit behind her because they behave like bitch all the time. you probably know people who told you this bitch is crazy and stuff like that .she probably have a long list of peoples who have nasty thing to say about her . maybe co-worker stuff like that .

a dirty rumour about her and another girl boyfriend , i bet you know at least another chicks that will spread the news like aids at a rest area .

i mean be ready to counterattack with inteligence , in a word if you can get her in trouble bad as what she will involve you if busted .

lmao just tell the cops she is involved in the grow op lol involve her father too lol cops like to persecute no matter what lol use the fire !

you understand that is last resort suggestion, if nothing happen let thing go smooth and she will find another penis to terrorize .

use your mind , never any form of physical violence or else . play mind games if she start . maybe she have a relative that might be put in deep shit and you can use that as leverage to buy peace .

play safe .

TexasToker

image.php

Wow...have not seen that in years...

Latest posts

Latest posts