What's new

If at first you don't succeed. Run 2

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. That strain is pretty frosty. Here is a close-up of the white blobs in the pic of SB

DSC00739.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have a new problem... buds so heavy the stems fall over. Mostly the SB sisters lower stems and that flimsy stemmed HOG.. Good thing I was ready with 3' bamboo sticks. .Too bad my good arm is in a sling

A small SM colony was trying to start on the HOG 2 daze ago, front left. I cut off the bud top, and have sprayed twice since, in the dark, an hour before sunrise. The tent lower vent opening is close and may have been the entry path, or my dirty azz going in after mowing. I need to filter the incoming air. I can see dust on the little fans. The AK47 right front has spots of PM still, and I had to chop the top of a bud after the pic was taken, cause the shit was wilting it anyways.

The Langbenite and other sups are working as advertised. I have kept going with the cal-mag+. As I type with the one good hand, that hand reeks of goodness. That HOG is some good smelling dope. Well, they all are.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00770.JPG Views:	0 Size:	278.4 KB ID:	17899177

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The tent has the dope plants in front, buds weighing down the stems and brown trics appearing. These should be ready to top in a few...

DSC00776.JPG
I need to get some sticks that are longer, and some tie wraps.

In the back are the Strawberry sisters, who are still going strong. Little SB2 on the left has become a big beautiful girl, reinforcing my belief that the genetics can pull through if you give a plant a chance.

DSC00777.JPG
Gonna be some good dope come off those two.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00780.JPG Views:	2 Size:	259.1 KB ID:	17902661 HOG

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00780.JPG Views:	2 Size:	259.1 KB ID:	17902661 AK47

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00782.JPG Views:	2 Size:	242.9 KB ID:	17902663 Strawberry Banana (SB)

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00782.JPG Views:	2 Size:	242.9 KB ID:	17902663 SB2, my heroine. Whatta girl!

Edit: So I looked up the HOG, as it was a freebie and I have more. This is like the dims saying they don't cheat in elections, as ole HOG is bending stems badly from the weight. It's a 60 day strain, so she has over a week left. I even added Agsil16H to help.

https://humboldtseedcompany.com/og-kush/

"This is a powerful strain that won’t leave you hanging when it comes to stem strength." LOL. I tried some already, and it is good dope.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks Ms Amynamous. I tried this time. They had a day or two of stress outside (soil got a little dry because the bags were not on wick beds) during a hot blast of dry air the second half of veg, but surprisingly only the AK47 had signs. I am trying to not evaporate off the tric heads this run. Early this AM I sprayed them a little in case those SMs want to pull more crap, and the smell in there is way stronger than during lights on. I have not chopped at "midnight" before, and will try that this time.

I am gonna top it in a week or so, and see what the lower buds can make.

BTW, that part of the HOG bud I cut off because it was getting SMs was sprayed, dried, and vaped. It is gonna be strong stuff. Funny how a plant will come up and surprise you.

In the first run, I think the misfit GDxOPG, and it was a real POS until it saw sunlight for a while, was the best for stickyness and terps of all 8 plants in that first attempt. That makes me think SB2 may be a winner.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00795.JPG Views:	60 Size:	147.6 KB ID:	17905056
HOG wild. The tops are getting close to plucking

Tops plucked:

DSC00810.JPG

About a third left:

DSC00808.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Chopped the rest of the HOG, topped the AK47. The queen SB2 is spilling over into HOGs old space, and SB had a couple SMs trying to start up. Dumb bastids always start on top of a prominent bud. I have learned to check them with a 10x often. Sprayed with green clean, and will hit it again tomorrow.

DSC00829.JPG
AK47

DSC00831.JPG
HOG had about a 1" caliper base.

DSC00830.JPG
The SB sisters have more time remaining. Those flopped over main colas will help develop the lower buds on the side.

I have been top watering some Aptus late stage nutes. I really like how the SB hasn't yellowed the leaves, like the HOG and AK47 were/are.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It's hard to see the frost without a flash, and my cam doesn't have one. I tried to shine a flashlight, which is not working very well.

DSC00836.JPG
A remaining AK47 bud.

DSC00835.JPG
SB.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The HOG and AK47 are down and the first chop (topping) is jarred, second chopping is hanging. Most of the strawberry sisters are hanging, cut down in two waves a week apart.

DSC00862.JPG
Pretty good pull this run.

What remains will get another week, maybe more. I have the two extra plants from run #3 (Cinderella 99 and C99) to put in there, where HOG and AK47 were. I am thinking a 16/8 light cycle, mostly for the cindys, until they can find a home. Will the strawberry sisters re-veg?

DSC00863.JPG
I can take out the front two plants and put the two cindys in their place. We'll see what happens to the remains of the plants in back.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks CG. The HOG and AK47 are good. The SB still has a little rasp and needs more hanging and in jars, but is also good. None of these are as loud and frosted as the best stuff that came off the hill, so I still have work to do. Come over and get a jar or three. I grow way faster than I can smoke, and it's piling up.

Latest posts

Latest posts