What's new

Ideal setup for a 4x4 or 4x8 tent?

^^^

Okay, so people have hit 1.8g/w, and that is amazing. Do you really think that new LED growers can hit 1.5g/w? And you would still have to run big fans and ventilation for carbon scrubbers. I mainly wanted to do this to keep the heat in check and to use less electricity so I dont have to worry about overloading a circuit breaker.

Rob Deck

^^^

Okay, so people have hit 1.8g/w, and that is amazing. Do you really think that new LED growers can hit 1.5g/w? And you would still have to run big fans and ventilation for carbon scrubbers. I mainly wanted to do this to keep the heat in check and to use less electricity so I dont have to worry about overloading a circuit breaker.

I don't believe that new LED growers, unless they are the finest HID growers, can easily obtain 1.5g/w on their first LED grow. As with anything new, practice makes perfect.

I personally suggest running an extraction fan to keep odor to a minimum and security to a maximum. Extracting the air through a filter will also help to refresh the CO2 levels in the room, unless of course you are supplementing CO2 then you will want a sealed room with no extraction fan.

LEDGirl

Veteran
^^^

Like Rob stated, it would be pretty difficult for a grower using LED for the first time, to achieve 1.5 grams per watt. I think there are a few great growers out there who could do it, but not many. I think Verdant Green might have been able to pull it off pretty close, had he used a high yielding strain and not had such low temps during his first trial. Regardless though, his 1gpw is nothing to laugh at for a first time LED grow. I know we'll see 1.5 grams per watt from him soon.

As far as big fans, they are not necessary. Our lights operate at 105 degrees F, which does little to raise ambient temps unless in a very confined area. In those situations, a small ventilation fan (4" booster fan) on a thermostat would work just fine. For smell, you could always use a small ozone generator if you don't want the noise.