What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idea for vertical grows!

BlindDate

Veteran
I don't see any reason why it would not work. Good idea! I would drip from the top and the center. have them drain into a gutter at the bottom and run to waste. Strap those slabs up good as they'er going to get real heavy.

Nugs-N-Jugs

Mindovermatter,
A man after my own heart. Vert growin is the wave of the future, IMHO. (plant number laws suck A$$, yes, lets hope ya don't half to abide by em.)
I agree with BlindDate in that the slabs may wanna slouch down some. Could also be a recirc system, given the filtration system was there.

BlindDate, Nice fooking avatar BTW, always wanted to get that shot!!

How does this work? Would you start with the slab horizontal, plant some clones, let em root and veg for a couple weeks, then strap em close to the brightest thing since the sun??

I love my coco, never bought it in the slabs though. I get mine diced, then compressed. Anyway back on track. R u looking at buying the system? You going with PVC as a frame? What cha got planned for a rez? pump and size?

Endless questions make for endless opportunities
Peace,
NNJ

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
Hey Nugs, great idea, I never thought of rooting them in the same slab. That would make it even more attractive an idea. IMO there is no advantage to recirculate nutes when using Coco and a million reasons not to. I run Coco buckets drain-to-waste and it just can't get easier. No reservoir, no pumps, no pH adjustments, perfect nute concentrations every feed.

If it were my project I would build a frame out of wood in a hexagon shape with plastic gutters or trays at the bottom to catch the drain off.

Last edited:
I am getting 2*600w for this closet, which is (correction) 6*5*8 foot. I will have the slabs at the walls (which are 5 foot), I will be able to have 8 slabs hanging vertical (thin) on each side, which is total of 16 slabs = 64 clones. They will be able to grow until they reach the light (which is 3 feet), so I will put clones, veg them until they are just under a foot and then go 12/12. At 64 clones at 3 feet each, I should easily get 1g/w at 19g or 0.67 oz /clone. I will probably get a 25 gallon res, and get a good airpump with aircurtains, then hook it up with a good waterpump.

I have thought about the weight and thought about strapping the slabs to the walls with plastic or rubber bands, like it is done in the picture you see in the link http://www.aquaculture-hydroponics.co.uk/product.aspx?categoryID=7&subcategoryID=285&productID=1347

What you guys think?

BlindDate

Veteran
I would not veg them more than 6" or you'll have a mess. Also, your not taking advantage of the vertical lighting unless you use all four walls.