What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG slow to load

G

Guest 18340

For at least the last week ICMAG has been extremely slow to load. Everything from logging in to clicking on threads, it takes forever to load.
Was at a buddies house yesterday and he's been having the same problems so I know it's not my computer.
All other sites load fine, just ICMAG.
I know their were issues about a week ago, maybe it's not fixed yet?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just switched over to Google Chrome and this site is REALLY FAST compared to firefox...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm on a Mac with Safari and the site flies like the wind.

Try clearing cache, history etc. Run diagnostics and maybe a defrag.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run into issues late at night. Laptop is in tip top running condition. Pages just take forever to load..Something is different then it use to be.

U

Ultra Current

I've noticed for the past 2 weeks that at 2:56 am to 3:10 am EST, the site does not work between these times. Same time every night. The site is always slow for me no matter what computer that I use even macs.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I'm slow on both Firefox and Chrome.
Noticed for about a week now, things are MUCH slower.
Doesn't happen on other sites, only ic.

Han Grolo

I've noticed for the past 2 weeks that at 2:56 am to 3:10 am EST, the site does not work between these times. Same time every night. The site is always slow for me no matter what computer that I use even macs.

Yeah they must run windows servers :p
Giving em the token reboot every 24 hours to clean the pipes.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok i thought it was just me !! i have a brand new PC & it seems to have started then but it could be my imagination . windows 7 & firefox's newest version 8.(i think ) .

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
we are working on several issues at the moment to improve the site speed, the 10 - 15 min period around 8am uk time is due to the log's
and cache being cleared / updated and due to the size of the site and the log files this can cause the site to grind to a halt

I'm looking to upgrade to Ver 4 to improve the speed of the site but there are major issues with this upgrade
the prime one being the gallery system we have (old & new) and trying to integrate them without loosing any pictures

in the New year I'm going to start trimming off a lot of dead wood from the site to improve performance
but as you can imagine a site this size thats been running for over 7 years the database is huge
so this will take several weeks and some down time to achieve

G

Guest 18340

Thanks oldpink, I thought my computer was revolting against me...

G

Guest 18340

*BUMP*
Is it or is this 'site still running slow? Takes forever to load a page and it's making modding (editing threads etc)quite difficult.
This is a brand new computer. Literally, it's two days old outta the box. HELP!!!!!!!!

It's not you, it's the site. I've heard a new incarnation of ICMag is on the horizon, so this site is probably in 'limp home' mode. Someone correct my if I'm wrong.

I look for big changes when the gang gets back on Monday.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup .... slow as molasses in january !!! brand new PC also . i've tried IE , firefox & google chrome . they all seem to do the same thing here @ ICmag . every other site is running great but this one . I'm sure pink is working on it , or will after they get back along with the CC thing on the Boo .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been acting buggy as well. If I edit a post it will double or triple post. I still cant use advanced edit when Im done editing it wont save it does nothing when I hit the save. I have to use the normal edit to edit any of my posts..