What's new

ICMag.com Banned in Australia!

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, there is actually a place worst than the USA when is comes to this shit?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fascists!!!

We also heard they started to radiate post in Oz to eliminate unwanted seed stocks? any truth to this? :chin:?

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
not yet doc, it's all poppin nicely, and posting from a land down under...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Aussie´s totally loosing it....

So sorry for Wally & other´s Aussie growers, keep your head up!!!

This came surprise for me, I did know that Australia had pretty concertavive justice system, but total control of free speech :nono:

moonunit

This is unbelievable, although i never noticed as i always roll with a proxy. The police get away with calling cannabis a "deadly" crop on tv after a bust here, reefer madness is rampent. Not the harshest penalties for sure, but they are certainly out there hunting us to bolster their numbers and appear to be making a difference, all the while the australia i know and love slips further and further away, alcohol fueled violence is at an all time high, yet they hunt us down.
Their mentality for not allowing someone to smoke cannabis, to protect us from harm, 0 deaths from cannabis, but we need protecting. Under that mentality then, ciggeretts, alcohol, cars, heck under that same mentality they should be able to arrest obese ppl eating mc donalds, and put ronald mc donald in chains as a supplier.
Australia has one of if not the highest rates of cannabis smokers per capita in the world, yet they condem and hunt us because of our lifestyle choice. Its not like we want everyone to smoke like us, just to be accepted back into society as the normal constructive folk we are.
I now have no respect for kev 0 sev , it seems he liked the chinese censorship model so much he brought it here, shame on u, shame on your lackies. My love for my beautiful country is all that stops me from moving to europe as my government hates and hunts me for a simple lifestyle choice i make that is no ones biz but my own. Shame on u labor
moonunit

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
can still get in fine here too!! .....they have come down pretty hard in south oz with the possession of certian equipment and harsher laws for indoor grows...thats to deal with the bikes i think...but kills us little home growers...we went to being able to grow 10 indoor with an on the spot fine....to now years in jail for any grow.HH. =]-~

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not yet doc, it's all poppin nicely, and posting from a land down under...

"Traveling in a fried-out combieOn a hippie trail, head full of zombieI met a strange lady, she made me nervousShe took me in and gave me breakfastAnd she said,"Do you come from a land down under?Where women glow and men plunder?Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?You better run, you better take cover."

Cabri

Dont Believe the Hype.

Dont Believe the Hype.

One can still get in here from AUstralia, Even Queensland. Yes Kevin Rudd is the biggest TOOL ever voted in to Run the place. Yes they hit the panic button and want to censor the net. No need for advertising proxies etc. One just logs on and gets in here no problem.

Don`t be led up the garden path of misinformation.
Psychotic weed strains exist in the minds of Stiff arsed Christian Political leaders

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
censoring internet content is a sure fire way to get yourself in a lot of trouble politically. by removing peoples "basic rights to speech and expression", you welcome aboard any and every free thinking radical to the cause - whether they're herbalists or not - way to get a revolution started mister rudd.

j

moonunit

Hi wally, i rang a friend of mine in nsw who is connected on telstra and he can not get in without a proxy, gets bad request 400 message.
No advertising of proxies here cabury, although i do reccomend using one if u plan on contributing to the site and grow, personaly i never even browse here without one let alone post. They are still ironing out the bugs so it might not cover some areas yet
moonunit

swishaman

Still a metric ton better than the site being shutdown ala Overgrow...

Proxies are easy to use, but the problem is finding a reliable one that will actually let you view all content on a website. Some are 'limited' and will not let you view images or reply to forums...

H

Hazeseeker

wow this is crazy:nono:, i didn't know they could have the powers to do something like this, it seems that the word 'freedom' is taking on a new meaning as the years and generations pass, the word 'freedom' is slowly becoming the definition of 'controlled freedom', or 'seldom freedom',
and i've never understood why they can say Cannabis is more dangerous than Alcohol, Alcohol wrecks families, relationships + friendships all the world over, Cannabis doesn't, they use the media perseption of Cannabis as a tool to cover, blanket + mask the REAL dangers of Alcohol because it's an every day substance THEY use in their lives and they know exactly the trouble it causes, so to take the heat away from the 'subject' they use they continually lie to the general public about the 'erb through media propaganda, in other words - 'controlled freedom', crazy world:nono:

peace

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
are u guys that can still get here using telstra??

no....but was about to switch to them...from using another companys dial up ...to using telstra's broad band.....are they the ones that are stopping ppl ATM ?....was looking forward to getting rid of the dial up and move to broad band...will i have to re think things?.HH. =]-~

buttyrekka

every time our governments impliment new laws they use scapegoats..
they shamelessly use peoples insecureities to impliment laws witch restrict there own peoples freedom...
example....peadophiles/terrorists/immigrants use the internet,your child uses the internet.
peadophiles/terrorists/immigrants are talking to YOUR child on YOUR pc.
peadophiles/terrorists/immigrants are in YOUR HOME.AND YOU ARE ALLOWING IT.YOU ARE by proxy A BAD PARENT
peadophiles/terrorists/immigrants they all use the internet....BUT WE CAN STOP THEM.we can help you be a parent.we can stop them if you allow us to impliment anti obscenity laws.only OBSCENE sites will be banned.

but of course,who decides what is obscene?surely an obscene site is one that encourages illeagel behaviour?naturally any site that helps/instructs how to commit an illeagel activety would be obscene as well...
so from a law with good intentions.we come to a position where a government can deny access to any site that someone/somewhere considers obscene.
moral blackmail that.governments have allways needed enemys,real or imaginary.with obscenity laws all you need to do is pass a law stating that an activity is illeagle and you can ban access to it.
thatcher was ace at that,crazy bitch:(

Stinkymutt

How can a ban be implemented ?

How can a ban be implemented ?

Hey all , I was just wondering how a ban on sites would be implemented ? I mean is the govt's system set up to recognize a phraze or word in the address or just the address' of the banned sites ? If its just the banned sites on a list that would mean they spent a shit load of time trying out sites one by one on the net and deciding which to ban. Im not a techy at all but was curious about this ?
peace
Mutt

H

hard rain

Its a bit strange that some of us can and some can't get in here. I don't use Telstra yet I can't access without the use of a proxy.

Could there be another reason? it just makes no sense to me that I can go to any number of pot sites without using a proxy yet I am blocked here?