What's new

ICMag.com Banned in Australia!

D

drdee

Hi Guys,
I haven't read all the back posts but I had a few thoughts I wanted to share.

I wonder if they're banning the OZ Stoner site which is a small but active Aussie ganja forum.

And on proxies. Even with a proxy, there are many ways for them to get your isp address. You have to shut java off and other such stuff. I tried and tried and whenever I went to a proxy test site, they knew both my proxy address and my actual ho,e address. This was with a paid proxy server. Free ones are worse (less support) So now I just connect direct.
Dee

W

WhoMan

Hi Guys,
I haven't read all the back posts but I had a few thoughts I wanted to share.

I wonder if they're banning the OZ Stoner site which is a small but active Aussie ganja forum.

And on proxies. Even with a proxy, there are many ways for them to get your isp address. You have to shut java off and other such stuff. I tried and tried and whenever I went to a proxy test site, they knew both my proxy address and my actual ho,e address. This was with a paid proxy server. Free ones are worse (less support) So now I just connect direct.
Dee
TY for the info on this, i had no idea. Java and what else need to be shut off?

Cabri

Ban Everything!

Ban Everything!

If you have cable like me then you are straight in 24hrs access but also connected to the system that knows everything. You cannot get around it babies you Voted them in and now you will have all ip addy logged and keystroke recorded probably next.They know who you are and what you are up to and if you do fly-bys they know where when and how much you spend on which products.Your New Electricity meter reports back to base Via the electricity line.You all wanted convenience and now you got it and a lot more.
Pick up the phone? Eyes and ears are everywhere.Breath tests, finger print scanners.CCTV.Google street view and Mother Earth under constant satellite view. There trying to build a prison.

D

drdee

@Who man...
Boy that was about a year ago and I don't recall everything I tried. Seems that flash player was an issue too. I had set up my computer with two browsers. Firefox with no Java or Flash and IE with, so I'd use Firefox for my proxy stuff. But like I said, I never got it completely safe. I was with Cotse (sometimes known as the Church of the Swimming Elephant...don't ask me why) and they have fairly good tech support so if you're persitant and savvy with computers...they'll advise you till you get it right. Reasonable too. They also had a secure tunnel connection which is a 5 layer encryption thing. But even with that there's still the java issue. Sorry that's all I know about it.
Dee

D

drdee

I'll be annoyed if they ban ozstoners too.

So much for freedom of speech.
Me too 2ezy...I'm a former OZ Stoner member and they have an active ganja community. Nobody should really be surprised at this. Australia banned gun ownership awhile back, and I heard they actually went door-to-door collecting them. I'm not toally clear on the facts on this, but crime rates went up after that. I remember reading that.
Cheers,
Dee

Dr.stickerdick

Let me get this right , first ban guns, then free speach. Maybe some are right that say in the USA, Second amenment protects the First. Change ain't always good, cause Hitler was change too. Food for thought..........Peace

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
yes not to mention firearms are still legal if you have a reason to use one, like if you join a pistol club

My crazy old father still has his 357 magnum the dope lol

Wev

Vermin

Vermin

No need to supply that information cornflake.

Imagine a Legal 50Cal Desert Eagle, If you skinny it will Move you.

D

drdee

Thanks Dee. WM

Hey WhoMan...not really sure why you're thanking me, but I'm happy to contribute. It can be a little daunting being in a new forum with new people. But this place seems relaxed and very cool.

Question...I double posted the link to the gun control article and was going to edit it. But there's no edit button visible on this thread only. My other posts have the edit button but not here. Do you all have a visible "edit" button, or is it just me?
Peace,
Dee

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
This forum asks it's posters to think before posting but if that fails I guess you're screwed =p

oh_snap2.gif

basilfarmer

a commonwealth trend?

UK, Canada, Australia?

Just to give a Canadian perspective, there isnt a problem with internet censorship but there is with other civil liberties, like the basic human right to self defense and also growing pot here is turning into a legal nightmare.... hence only hardcore gangs knocking out beasters will take big risks.

Depending on province, you can have your house & car siezed just for growing some pot, like that isnt harsh. .....a 6 month mandatory sentence for as little as 1 plant if they allege successfully it was for distribution

Also, they are in the process of putting into effect a 3 year mandatory sentence for simple possession (no crime committed with it) of a handgun without all the paperwork

I think civil liberties & privacy are taking a nose dive fast in the brave new world of 'one'.

Niniru

The list was leaked on wikileak's today, cant access it myself, anyone got a link? just wanna see if this site is on it ect

cant be posted on Aus site's, or an 11k fine/day...