What's new

Ickis knows Cornfields

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
hey man, great plans.... should be some great bud

Living in a huge corn area, I am always interested in seeing them

cave

looking good Ickis...i miss growing in the huge corn fields back in ontario.. out here they are scarce unless you drive for a few hours...cant wait to see them finish:joint:

Buddle

Veteran
Very nice..I'm surprised your whites aren't further along.Mine are finished by the end of Sept.peace

shack

Hey Ickis,thats the way to represent the cornfield grower.
Your crop is looking good as usual.
Wishing you a safe and bountiful harvest.

Ickis

Veteran
Hello everyone. Hindu they are not the F2s they are the original seeds from MNS of g13/sk.

Buddle the white seem to be on shedule for early Oct. to me.

Hey there Try Comb. Glad to see you are still at it.

Glad you stopped in shack.

I am running an experiment with a free sample of Gravity I got last year. You are supposed to apply it when there are 3 weeks left. I have a patch in the corn with 5 Guerilla Gold that are about 3 weeks from finish so I gave 3 of them a shot of Gravity. If it does make a difference I will be able to treat the others with 3 weeks to go. If it doesn't than I can stop thinking about these type of products. LOL!

I had to cut another 8 inches or so off the C99 x Thai plants. They want to be taller than the corn. They are quite the bushes too. I hope that dope is good because there is going to be a lot of it around here if it finishes.

B

Brad

im glad you like guerilla gold, it is one of my favorite strains that i have bred, glad she doing well for ya ;)

Ickis

Veteran
I am very pleased with them Brad. I read the many threads so I know it should be late August until Sept 7th for harvest. I can't find out this......

Is it known for a lemon smell?

Ribsauce

awesome thread Ickis everything looks real good man... im especially liking the experiment with the early strains... I really want to try some cornfields around me next year and im watching them very carefully this year...it will really beat walking through miles of entangled deer paths that i usually frequent haha...my only question for you is how big are you cages for your plants and how the hell do you walk them all into the field haha?? im just picturing walking into field with a bunch of loaded down pack mules haha... sorry im a little stoned

Ickis

Veteran
I have cuttings of each C99 x Thai Hindu and I am going to keep the earliest ones for outdoor and run the ones that didn't finish outdoors inside over the winter just to see what they are like. I have an Original Haze and Thai Stick Sativa grow started inside now. I want to revisit the type of high we used to get in the 70's with things like Columbian Gold and Thai sticks. Plus if I get a male of each one I can make some seeds with the White, Chem D and So. Cal Master Kush. I cant help but think there will be some killer keepers in those crosses.

Ribsauce thanks for stopping in. The answer to your question is the secret to a successful grow. My fences are made from 2 ft tall chicken wire. The thin wire stuff with 1" x 1" holes. I get 50ft rolls because they are easy to work with. I put the roll on the picnic table and measure out 3 foot length. I have two 5 pound weights I use to make it easy. I also mark the 3 foot mark right on the table with a knife made notch. So unroll the length and put one weight on the end of the fence and the other on top of the fence right near the roll to keep it in place. Then I cut the wire with nice heavy tin snip shears. I just keep going until I have as many pieces as I need for the amount of plants I want to fence. I get 16 from a 50ft roll. Then I make a circular fence out of each 3ft section. I use zip strips to connect them or just bend the cut ends around the wires. I 3ft section makes a 1 foot diameter fence. Perfect for putting around a seedling or a clone until they are about 4 feet tall. In the cornfields I just pull the cage up and over the plant to remove it in Mid August. I fence could jam up a combine and then the spot would be ruined for the next year. Always get the fence out in August in case they cut early for silage. I reuse my fences every year so I have quite a number of them and they get dull and blend in. Otherwise I made my first set over the winter and just left them outside all winter before I used them. You can also just stick some in the paper burner every time you burn papers until they are all dulled by fire.

Some cornfields are land locked and you can only walk in. I flaten out 10 fences by walking on them. Then I stick them in a backpack with 30 2ft bamboo tomato stakes. I then take my 10 plants out of the pots shake off much of the dirt and wrap them individually in wet newspaper. They also slide into the backpack. I take a small flashlight or hat mounted led light and a small 1 handed pick as my digger. I park where I can and walk to the field I am planting at about 1:30 in the morning when it is dark.

If I can drive right next to the field I park and take all my stuff and they it a couple rows in the corn or in the weeds. Then I drive about a mile away and park and walk back to the spot where the stuff is. Then you can casually carry your stuff in and plant it. It takes a couple hours to plant 10 plants properly and cage them. I don't put stuff in the corn until around June 20th. Well after the final weed spraying. I know they say corn is knee high by the 4th of July but most time corn is shoulder high by June 20th. Even waist high you are totally shielded by corn when planting especially at night when dark. I take a few drinks and a few joints and just have fun with it. It is hard and can be kinda scary seeing deer, coyotes and bear in the cornfields at night but it is way fun. If you plant in good holes with a fence and get through the hassle of doing the work the rest of the season is easy until harvest.

Start out doing 2 or 3 just to see how long it takes you. Make each one like a mission. Do it rain or shine. I started June 18 and planted every night until June 30. I did 5 and 10 each night. Last year I did over 400 plants in 50 cornfields. I did 10 and 20 a night until they were done. I only fenced half of them but that was still quite a few fences.

I reuse the same cornfields if I can. I know roughly when each farmer plants and harvests year to year. I am also getting good at judging when the field corn is getting ready to harvest by smashing a kernel and judging the moisture content. They like the corn to dry out to about 80% then harvest to put in the corn cribs for feed. You are usually safe in the field corn until Oct 18-20. Then some farmers start to cut. Others wait until November. They are the best fields to find.

Hope that helps. There are many ways to do it but that is my system.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome thread Ickies but please use direct image showing instead of attachments

for security i only login using Tor Proxy but its slow when theres images so i normally only use it for a post or a reply
otherwise i just browse pictures as a guest but attachments are hidden from guests
so i normally avoid threads with attachments

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Like everything else in life...you have to do it, and not just talk about it. Sounds interesting Ickis...soaring sativa. Mole shared some of his Willys Haze number 7 couple yrs back. To date best sativa buzz Ive seen.

Ribsauce

hey man thanks for the quick and extremely thorough response...thanks for discussing your techniques... im always tryin to find stealthier and easier ways to get equipment where it needs to be and it seems you already have this down haha...well good luck with your girls and im sure ill be stopping back by to see whats up

Ickis

Veteran
I am really glad you found this thread gunnar. I like the attachments because it is kinda members only. The other way is a hassle too.

Here is a GDP x Bubba Chunk that is particularly frosty at such an early phase. It is just going to be a 4 ft or so budstick but it looks like it might be a real nice pheno. I suppose I like it even more because it is my cross. I had 5 Bubba Chunk seeds made by beancounter. I did them inside and got 4 males and 1 female. I let the fattest, greasiest, frostiest and stickiest male pollenate a GDP I had running too. I ran a few outside last year and they were nice. Two other growers ran some inside with great results. Beancounter used the Katsu Bubba Kush cut and a super strong example of a Deep Chunk male.

This one has only been flowering about 2 weeks and I think it is pretty promising. I have not been back to see this one since I planted it July 1st as a small 3 week old seedling. I did put some guano around at the time and watered with a gallon of 1/4 strength MG. I hit it with some flowering ferts today. I won't be back until harvest to see this one.

Attachments

• DSCN0294.jpg
    DSCN0294.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0298.jpg
    DSCN0298.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0302.jpg
    DSCN0302.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0301.jpg
    DSCN0301.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 8

Ickis

Veteran
Here are a few more Guerilla Gold. These look a bit fatter in just a few days. This strain is impressing the hell out of me. They are money in the bank for a northeast outdoor grower. A couple of these 4 footers are gonna push a pound. They are all giving up a quarter pound and most will top half a pound.

Attachments

• ggold9b.jpg
    ggold9b.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ggold9a.jpg
    ggold9a.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
  • ggold9.jpg
    ggold9.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ggold8.jpg
    ggold8.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 11

Ickis

Veteran
I love guerilla gold. I do!!

Attachments

• ggold9c.jpg
    ggold9c.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ggold9d.jpg
    ggold9d.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 12

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Nice thread bro......be interesting to see the potency of the GG's . Do /did you cross the GG to anything Ickis...maybe Chem D,Master K or the PK and White???????? Just for shits and giggles ofcourse.