What's new

Ice-tube cloner from WallyWorld

someotherguy

Veteran
this could have been posted already but I dont think Walmart sells this ice cube tray any
ore I couldn't find it at my local store

...look in the housewares department and if you can't find them there then look where sporting goods and bicycles and such are as they are sold to bikers and hikers for the water bottles.

...and like TexMex said, they are available online at REI, Amazon and a host of other outlets so if you want them, they can be found, ...now the ball is in your court grasshopper.

peace, SOG

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I think I'm gonna grab some from amazon. thanks a lot man. and my bad for not reading the whole thread. I got up to about 10 and decided I needed to try this out so I ran to Walmart only to realize this thread was started years ago and didn't think to read the most recent stufff to see if they stopped making it or started selling it somewhere else. I'm gonna deff finish the whole thread by the weekend. I always tell myself you gotta finish that thread but I never remember when I get back on the Internet. promise I wont forget this one!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I'm sorry my post must have been worded wrong. what I meant was my nearest Walmart does not carry them but there are 2 in a 50 mile radius that do but i still think its easier to just get delivered like you mentioned. thanks man and sorry if I'm coming off as a noob...

Budley Doright

Veteran
I was in walmart yesterday and was in the kitchen gadget isle....

The ice tubes were in that isle.... facing where most of the gadgets are....

The ice tubes had been rebranded to walmarts Mainstays brand.....

Hopefully this means walmart will be carrying the ice tubes for some years into the future....

I had some concerns that they would be phased out....

I didnt notice the price however.....

Good cloning...

G

Guest304546

yeah, they still run under $5.00 at Walmart and they can be found in many sporting goods stores as well, ...not surprising when you consider their target market is people who run and cycle and such.

...btw, i clone in coco mostly now but the Walmart cloners are always gonna be my fail-safe, fall-back position, ...for example my last coco run was a dismal failure and i NEEDED the clones so i could sex some seedlings so once it was clear the coco cuts weren't rooting, i broke out a couple of my Walmart cloners and 12 days later i potted up, ...i managed to get 50 rooted of 54 cuts and that after not having used my Walmart cloners for near a year.

...so thanks for posting this thread as learning this cloning method has taken ALL the worry out of the cloning end of my op.

AD

Budley Doright

Veteran
Thanks abner....

I rarely try to get 100% myslef....

I always do a few extras and after 12 or 14 days....

always hit my mark.....

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey man I got all the materials now except for the resevoir container. my I ask where you purchased yours

hey man I got all the materials now except for the resevoir container. my I ask where you purchased yours

any shoebox sized container will do, ...if you can find one that is opaque that would be best, the clear ones like mine allow algae growth. (the algae hasn't seemed to cause any problems other than clean up but why not prevent it if you can)

...don't over-think this shit man, just adapt whatever you find in your world to suit your current needs.

peace, SOG

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
thanks man I have a container I'm sure it will fit in but I was hoping to find a smaller one about 4 inches so I could slide it perfectly in the center section of my cab but if I can't find a smaller one I'll use the one I have and just add it to my veg chamber. thanks for the quick response man! now I just gotta wait til my seedlings are large enough to take cuttings from

thanks man I have a container I'm sure it will fit in but I was hoping to find a smaller one about 4 inches so I could slide it perfectly in the center section of my cab but if I can't find a smaller one I'll use the one I have and just add it to my veg chamber. thanks for the quick response man! now I just gotta wait til my seedlings are large enough to take cuttings from

...if you look in Walmart i'm sure you can find a container of the perfect size, ...truth is you should prolly look in any Dollar store first, that's where i get most of my pots and other plastic shit.

...if you check my W.o.W. thread you'll see the 6liter 'pots' i got at the Dollar store and the plastic 'saucers' i bought to catch my runoff, ...all for a buck a piece.

...and don't forget to get some kind of cheap, aquarium thermometer, you need to keep your res temps at 80 - 82 for optimal success.

peace, SOG

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
thanks for the advice man. I was actually just checking out your w.o.w thread last night. nice work and thanks again! I've got a Walmart, pet store, and dollar store all in the same shoppig center so I should be good.

tpower

This is my second time cloning using this system. Same strain of bag seed that turned out to be killer. Once again i achieved 100% cloning. I only cloned 9 plants but all of them rooted. I am a newbie at growing and cloning. Thanks to this site i feel like a veteran.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I have a requst for all you walmart cloners out there....

Some time ago.... post 721 (about 4 or 5 posts total) I discussed the use of very large clones up to 12 inches....

It saves a significant amount of time if you are using large clones vs small clones....

Has anyone tried larger clones???

Would anyone like to try larger clones????

The individual tubes must be cut away from the 27 tube original tray....

And the cutting must be given a dome for the first 24 hours.....

I use individual tubes.... and blue caps...

Quart canning jars for the res....

And the plastic bags you get at the grocery store ....for 24 hours...as the dome

Its the same process other than those couple changes....

Anyone want to try duplicating my work

Maybe post a pic or two?????

Ill be happy to work with anyone who wants big freaking clones rather than those tiny ones you are doing now....

lol....

...i'm using cups instead of tubes and coco instead of vermiculite but it's the same, passive, wick style of cloning.

peace, SOG

Attachments

• DSCI4486.jpg
    DSCI4486.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCI4483.jpg
    DSCI4483.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCI4491.jpg
    DSCI4491.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21

Rasta311

Anyone that has issues cloning needs to try this method. Im so lazy with cloning now since buying one of these. I feel like I could root a popsicle stick using it.