What's new

Ice Princess

Hi Bud,
Well they don't call you budmaster for nothing bro! Looking very good man and nice to see that there are quite a number of earth recyclers in the forum.... It makes sense like they say farmers do not through there earth away ;) Very impressive grow and equipment Bud good luck man looking forward to more of your excellent pics...

sillyphilly

reusing soil.......

reusing soil.......

when i was growing indoors i would only use 5 gallon pails then when finished flowering i'd empty my pails into the outdoor greenhouse and some holes outside of that! i read somewhere that if theres any pests or fungus it would affect your new crop, boy reusing soil would save mucho$$$$$$$ i'll have to try that. sillyphilly:wave:

G

sillyphilly

sillyphilly

I use mostly peat and perlite, no actual organic additives or dirt in the soil.

They get it via watering only.

This makes it very easy to flush and rinse medium as its not technically soil. Its soil-(less).

Im not 100% sure about recycling dirt soils. As when i started i found that ,(you are correct) the fungus gnats and other goodies spread via this transfer, i had to wash my pots very well before re-usuing etc.

So just to make clear, i dont actually recycle my dirt as i dont use any,
I recyle lose soil-less medium.

In theory i would recycle my dirt in my outdoor house garden anyway or put it to use somewhere else, just because you can not reuse something for MJ doesnt mean you cant use it in yourown garden maybe. A compost heap for example.

Before switching to CoCo I would use my soil 3 times and then to the great outdoors. First was MJ then I would grow a bean (String/Green beans grow well indoors with very little maintainence) to Fix the N that the MJ didn't use (and from the air we breath I have come to find out) as it wasn't available and then, MJ again. I didn't have fungal or pest problems. I think I live in the Beneficial Capital of the World as we just don't get MJ eating/killing insects. Ladybugs rule and they are everywhere. Never seen a spider mite in my garden ever (as Herb knocks on wood). A 5% bleach solution and then a massive flush was the only thing I did to prep as I feed my plants in the waterings as well. Bleach kills rot and gnat maggots. I have considered using Bone/Blood meals to quicken old soils but I'm getting this Organic Hybrid Hydro thing dialed in and that demands more of my attention. Autumn/Winter are my best seasons as heat becomes a Big factor in the Summer and I "play" with new ideas then. Now's when I can pump the most from my Ladies.

Last edited:
G

The beans indoors sound good Herb, ill have to give that a run.
Your lucky to have so many lady bugs around, we dont see many in these parts.

Thats how i came to use coco peat, because i had to try and get fungas gnat problems down.
Its cheap and easy thats for sure.

Last edited:
Those gnats love humus and spaghnum peat don't they? And those little bastards bite. I talked with a farmer who grew beans on a rotation. He didn't even have a market for them except for personal consumption. Said he saved big bucks on ferts and that made it worthy. Needless to say Light bulbs went off in my brain and I gave it a try. I forgot to mention that I moved and lost 90% of my growing space. I can safely buy beans as for the weed well you know.......The choice was easy. I will run those as a companion as soon as I get a bigger crib. You can't let them get too close. Beans grow on a vine like stalk that will look for structure to climb and will put a "rear naked" choke hold on your weed plants.

Last edited:
G

Sounds like a little trellis inside the cab for the beans to climb over might help the beans not growing on the mj?

Anyway, like you said, MJ comes before beans :)

I think i need to pay more atention to my sad cloning rates before growing bloody beans :/

Good info anyway mate,
And yeah, those gnats love to play but ive never been bitten yet, i generally just kill the buggers on site.

G

Thanks Hashasin, but just a name you have good stuff too. Leeroy haven't tried soiless yet, maybe on the next one, good info!!! Wish I had lots of lady bugs here too. :wave:

G

Bud Shots

Bud Shots

From the plant above
91Day_35-med.JPG

Another bud
9135_days-med.JPG

Starting to swell up now and the trichomes starting to cloud!!:wave: