What's new

Ice in bong = bad?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
THC is never soluable in water....ice or no ice, lol...::nono:

Right. I agree with you there on that point. However... it does solidify in the water and become trapped and therefore unavailable.

I was rolling through this thread over a hot bong and thought I'd make myself clear. I also started the fifth page :D

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
tried the hot water again and i cant even inhale the steam! makes me cough and choke.
ill stick with room temp.

Well, some people are saying 'hot', and some are saying 'warm'. If you got steam, you must be pouring the water into your bong from a kettle! ;)

Can somebody dial this in a little? How hot are we talking?

cashmunny

Well, some people are saying 'hot', and some are saying 'warm'. If you got steam, you must be pouring the water into your bong from a kettle! ;)

Can somebody dial this in a little? How hot are we talking?

I use hot water out of the tap. I've never measured the water temperature, but it's hot enough to give a mild burn. Probably 140-150 degrees. It does produce plenty of steam but that doesn't make me choke, it actually feels good.

The water temperature is probably about 120 degrees by the time I actually take a pull. The water loses heat while it heats up the bong itself and my bong only holds 6-8 fluid ounces of water so by the time I fill it and I pack a bowl the water is not quite as hot.

It's very surprising to me that some people find it harsh. No one I've introduced to this technique has not liked it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's very surprising to me that some people find it harsh. No one I've introduced to this technique has not liked it.

I can't believe it either! I use hot water from the tap as well. I also run it through to heat up the tube evenly as well so I don't lose so much so fast possibly. I'd say mine is about 140 for the first bowl but then it's room temp by the time I get around to it again.

I wouldn't want you to think that I always smoke a hot bong... I'm willing to bet that many iced bong fans don't always chill their shit either. We are potheads after all :D

Latest posts

Latest posts