What's new

Ice Box ~200w cfl rubbermaid [Nirvana Ice ]

phr0st

Quick Recap. 1 girl (Sophia), 6 clones. Main plant got extremely rootbound while I was waiting for my new pots to come in the mail... I broke her top off while training her so I fim'd. Top is now a clone. She is now in a 3gal smartpot as of yesterday. My box fits two 3gal smartpots perfectly. I am going to start to flower next saturday so i can get her out of there and run both pots.

pics

pic update tomorrow.

phr0st

box shots

box shots

Generic grow box.
Rubbermaid spray painted black.

emergency blanket. plexi glass is held in place by bolts that are placed in each 4 corners.

bottom of box

So how are the plants potted? You said you have 1 fem and 6 clones in 2 3gal smartpots? What are you doing for ventilation and co2 transfer in the bottom of the rubbermaid?

phr0st

clones are now in beer cups with a bag over them for a humidity dome under a separate light elsewhere. Only one smartpot is being used now, simply because the one plant is so much bigger than all the others. there are 3 rectangles cut out in the bottom of the base (two on sides which can be seen in the picture) and one behind it. there are 2 fans underneath the plexi-glass at the top that pull the air out.

All air intake is passive. Light chamber has a fan pulling air out on one side, intake on other. Grow chamber has 3 intakes on bottom, two fans pulling out at top sides.

I have not looked into anything co2 related.

I apologize if my wording caused confusion.

phr0st

i haven't grown in almost a year so i am excited to harvest. more pix tomorrow + pix of clones and my cheap ass cloner that hasn't failed me yet.

phr0st

brief update :bump: she is looking real good. started pre-flowering as of yesterday.

undershot

Clones. the set of 3 were in my main cab and got burned from too much light. They are now under much less light.

my ghetto cloner. found the method on here somewhere. 2 bottoms of 2L soda bottles with a hole cut in the middle of one. Strings are used to pull water through to the top. Filled with basic vermiculite.

phr0st

bump-date :bump:
flipped to 12/12 today, bring on the frosty buds!

tips of my leaves are yellowing, anyone know whats causing?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I dont know bout the yellowing on the tips of the leafs. but it still looks like a nicely shaped ball of a plant. :D
maybe ur over feeding it a lil bit. but not sure.

Im sure it ill end up with some very nice frosty flowers.

phr0st

:bump:
Did a little trimming yesterday. So many leaves on this girl, this allowed a multitude of bud sites to get the light they needed! I'm really liking the way she is taking shape.

phr0st

:bump:
9 days into flower. I'm only going to update once every 5 days now to show more of a difference in growth. Phone decides to take good pictures every now and then.

GrowBox420

Looks good duke. As cheesebuds said I really like the shape of the plant and the LST.

Always fun to watch her flower out, what was the veg time?

phr0st

veg time was a little over 30 days. She became rootbound and stopped growing while I was waiting to get my smartpots in the mail, so i vegged her a couple days longer then I originally intended