What's new

IC mag bikers whats your favorite run

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Google "Tail of the Dragon" Thats my favorite ride in the world!

I'll have to second the dragon. I've been up and down that road since before it was called the dragon. Believe it or not a semi can make it through there. I about hit it head on coming around a blind corner. I was in a MR2 at the time and it was pretty scary. If you've been there you know there is nowhere to go but down, way down. It has been commercialized lately. It is so busy nowadays that you can't have a whole lot of fun anymore. It has become a hotspot for LEO to generate income(tickets). There are even photographers that set up shop there till dark everyday as a full time job. I guess they sell to magazines. I saw the smokiest burnout of my life there. It was by an old caddy. It was on the straitaway by the lake before you get to the actual curves. I literally had to stop cause I couldn't see through it all. You have some of the best views imaginable up there.

That is a world famous ride my friends.... even us Europeans know all about that bit of road ... and the LEO problem .... then again I als saw that youtube vid of the logging lorry taking up 90% of the road... scary shiiite !

We had the Mickleham Bends at Box Hill, great fun untill permanent LEO saturation and the theft [sorry, removal..] of the fast lane for the best Eastwards section .... now a lot of people head off to the Nurburgring for real thrills.

My kind of biking ;)

Looks like fun mate, but I can't help noticing that your engine has fallen out.

Collie Man

My form of adrenaline rush is action sports. Wake,surf,skate in the summertime and snowboard in the winter. Also I'm really into mountain biking, usually hit up the ski resorts up and down the east coast. Trying to go to whistler sometime this summer so I can bike there.

whistler biking>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpsxr9COWs

zlock

I've got a 1200 Sportster and I'm a wuss (or smart, however you wanna look at it) and don't mess around much on the bike. I love just getting on and riding the backroads taking roads I've never been down before, seeing where different roads lead to, etc.
I'm terrible with directions in a car, but on the bike I almost NEVER know where I am or where I'm going, but somehow I'm ALWAYS able to get home without having to stop for directions or backtracking.
That being said, if I've got an hour to kill and I wanna go on a quick but scenic ride, I'll cut through about 5 of the surrounding "yuppie" towns, which is especially fun on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon and all the yuppies in their Mercedes Benz station wagons and Volvo's and BMW SUV's and stuff are walking through the downtown area of this one town, going from yuppie shop to yuppie shop to yuppie shop (Can ya tell I don't like yuppies? And these people really are the type that "look down upon" the common-folk from the non-yuppie towns, trust me, its bad.)

I dunno why, but theres something funny/enjoyable about rolling through on a Harley with loud pipes and seeing these people get all pissed off.
Call me an asshole, but I'm doing less harm on my bike than they do on their pedal bikes in their spandex short-short's taking up half of the road and REFUSING to move over....

cpt.kush

man o man ..i used to love going to deals gap (tail of the dragan) on my GSX-R750 but it's not what it used to be and riddled with speed trapps now .. so iv takin to AMA & PROSTAR drag racing to get my kicks (THE TRACK IS SAFER THEN THE STREET!! )and im now riding a K6 GSX-R 1000 W/ NOS.

cpt.kush

HEY old pink , i used to dream about riding in the TT i still have some old video of some of the race's from the 80's & 90's .. the I.O.M. is not for the timmid it's taken a few lives while creating a few legands..cpt.k

tequila_sunrise

If you make your way to California (not sure if you have yet) we got plenty of twisties and some GREAT tracks too *cough* laguna seca *cough*

Socal we got Glendora Mountain Ridge, Idylwild, Big Bear, Ortega Fwy. Up north the only one I know about is the 1 freeway, serious twisties hundreds of feet up on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Gnarly waves crashing into the cliffs, seriously beautiful.

Ride safe

ts

mcmawg

SF Bay Area born and raised.
Started riding with an 84 GS1100, now cruise a 2000 Aero 1100.

NorCal; period.
No, I haven't ridden outside of Cali; don't really need to.
(I've caught a bit of western Nevada, so it ain't ALL been NorCal.)

Coast rides, Sierra passes (Monitor or Carson, hmm?), all the sweeps and twisties you could desire.
Scenic spots that are unrivalled.
Hwy's 1, 49, 299, 84, 9, 17, 35, 16 (out to GKG's!!), 20, 88, 89...
That's just a few of the ridable Hiways that git yer blood goin'!
I got yer Dragon: bottom end of Hwy 49, on the way to Bear Lake!

Back roads you could get 'lost' on for days.
Alice's Restaurant in La Honda (CA). Bay Area riders hot spot. All kinds of riders meet and eat there.

I've twisted the throttle in the Angeles Crest (outa Tujunga for 5 years).
No comparison. (ok, ok; good roads there, just not Norcal...:nanana:)

From my spot, it's 1.5 hours to the coast or 1.5 hours to the Sierra's with WAY too many 'wonder where THIS goes?' detours.

Attachments

• Twisty.jpg
    Twisty.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Hmmm.jpg
    Hmmm.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27

simos

It's great to see all the fellow riders on the boards!

I ride a supermoto, so pleasure is all about finding roads that let me exploit its flickability and quickness. When the turns tighten up even experienced riders on literbikes get left behind, only able to catch up in the straights. I prefer my thrills leaned-over in the twisties at speeds that won't land me in court should I get pulled over.

Back when I lived in LA, it was all about Latigo Canyon - great scenery and an unbelievable amount of kinks in under 10 miles.

Up north I'm partial to runs up the coast through the redwoods. I'd also have to agree with mcmawg about there being a bunch of great roads in the northern sonoma/lake/mendocino neck of the woods around GKG...

Cheers and be safe!

people die every year on the isle of man, and you know about the sheep so, not much else to say except sheep are smarter than most drivers. esp old people.

best wishes for both wheels staying on the ground. (unless you're doin a wheelie.)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The IoM TT is not the only Road Race, the Irish are well at it, this is the Tandragee 100, Michael Dunlop chasing the all conquering Ryan Farquhar.

Dashing down the lanes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwaQ7TFJfXw&feature=player_embedded

Locally, the Barcelona Castelldefels to Sitges coast road is just brilliant as are the coast roads around Tossa de Mar, also hear rumours of a race around the coast of Majorca, possibly illegal ?

Harley thru the rockies and NW Washington back to the MWest

Harley thru the rockies and NW Washington back to the MWest

Now that is a damn nice ride on my 2001 Harley Fatboy

bandit650

Recently I've sold my Bandit SK5 and hope to buy something new ASAP... This was my 1st bike and I can recomend it for everyone. It's quite heavy but fast enough to make me smile while riding :) Next will be something with a V-engine. Perhaps Suzuki SV... Love that sound :) Cheers brothers and sisters!

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR130R > Torque is a wonderful thing as well as Horsepower, just breaking daylight with some fog on the road all alone just you and your thought's rocketing around turns and hoping a deer doesn't graze in the middle of the road! keeping your front tire down makes my heart race and my knuckes white :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts