What's new

IC is boring as shit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
ninja_pimp... love the set-up bro!! Any chance of you starting a thread of your own with your stuff and info and grow? Lots of peeps would love to follow!!..... including myself. :wink:

So Quick

Very nice Ninja!! I love the wheels...excellent idea :yes: Did you remember to rinse the hydroton thoroughly?? It has alot of dust from being shipped and stacked around...if you don't rinse em, you're water will be really murky...a spaghetti strainer works nicely :smile:

I finally found my camera charger...it was boxed during a move, and I couldn't find it for nuttin in the world...I have a few more shots for you guys, I'll post when I get back in...thanks for all the warm vibes and everybody for swingin thru :smile: I'll be right back at yall!

SQ

halfbaked

Hey I'm comin in here kinda late and I noticed you were complaining about how easy it is to mod here. so here you go you@#$%^.F@#$youBlahbalh blah.Just kidding. I love your setup man. All I can say is wow! :jawdrop:
I would love to do something like that but my wife would :spank: me.
You got a wife? she lets you do that? How you do that? :confused:

Hey ninja, I also use some 1/2" U channel as tracts so that the planks stay in place when I move them on the caster wheels. I think that this works best b/c I can get the plants closer together and when it comes time to check them I can just roll them back and forth. Also I have found out that a hard pipe is better used as the main runner that is attached to the plank than the rubber tubing b/c it will come out of place. just suggestions. I can't wait to see more from you.

G

Wow SQ, just got done surfin throgh 12 pages of craziness. Love that strain, looks like you hit it on the head again. I am very curious to see the outcome of the Cage. I'm considering putting together one of those very soon. Shoot, 72 beats getting 300 ready any day, lol.... seams much easier too! I think my mom might use one to have some of her own to eat. She has rheumatoid arthritis. I'm trying to find her alternatives to all the crap medicine out there that is making her very ill. I hear eating stuff in small amounts very regularly, like 1x day makes joints feel MUCH better with little side effects. ANYWAYS, love to see how those turn out in the cage. Are you using a fence or anything to hold the plants up once they get big? Also, it looks like I found a place to get those buckets. I think... they seem to be pretty cheap. Looks like 1.45 retail. Is that bout right? I may look into setting up one of these setups for testing out my strains from seeds. Looks great!

So Quick

Hody there chodo
burn.gif
I ain't using any fencing to hold em up...I got sensi star in there, so height shouldn't be a problem...we're about 6 weeks from finishing...I'll post the progress here!! And yup...1.45 sounds about right :yes: can you see if you can find a smaller top bucket...the kind that the 5 gal have...it's a net cup, maybe 6" or so and it sits on top...this was you won't have to use that much hydroton...these 2 gal uses alot of rocks!! Btw, sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope you find somethinthat helps!!

SQ

G

My wife has complaned about me being / SOQUICK / :)

WOW /

God gave us His Love potion in a plant!

So Quick

Okay, so the room ended up pullin in just a bit over 13L's...it was a pretty successful harvest :joint: Alot of things have happened since the last time I posted...I took shots, but I think I might have forgotton the plot behind some of the shots I took, but I'll try to remember as I upload the pics :smile:

Wow that was a slow upload!! But here goes the next batch...counting from left to right...I had the 4,5,6,7 lines hooked up first...they were actually 1,2,3,4...but I thought about at the end of the cycle, it'll be harder to get to the 1,2,3,4th row because of the west wing, and then the 5,6,7 would be to the right...so basically I would of been harvesting the middle of the crop...and that wouldn't have been fun!! So I decided to move em over when the next set of clips was ready to be dropped...and that's what you see here...movin em over wasn't hard at all...it was just time consuming!! So now, 1,2,3 is 2 weeks behind 4,5,6,7...you could tell by the size of em...

I also ran into a really big problem!!! I've never reused the system, I've always broke it down and replaced all the hoses...but this time around I wanted to see if I could get away wit not doin it...save me some time and money on the set up...so anyways, my bro ended up runnin fresh water thruu the system and also added some bleach...WOW, the res was so dam clean!! It was like the bleach at up all of the gunk that the flora nova left behind!! Well once it was time to reboot..I was gettin the top buckets out to drop the clips in and I found out where the gunk went!! The bleach didn't actually break down the mess, it only loosened it from the res and pumps and fed it back into the buckets...all the build up was sittin at the bottom of the bottom buckets!! Now that was stupid!! I had to disconnect the bottom buckets and give em a good rinse off in the sink and popped em back in...I kept the old tubing that was still in place, so this part was easy, but the rinsing off was a pain in the ass!! So okay, now the babies are in and well on their way...well 1 week in I started noticing some problems!! The leaves just didn't look right!! So I watched em real closely over the next few days...everyday they seemed to be gettin worse...I held on to as long as I could, by this time 3weeks had rolled around for the 4,5,6,7th row and 1 week for the 1,2,3, row...are you guys follwing me?? By this time I could see that somethin was obviously wrong!! When I would take my measurments and stuff in the res...the res was as if I didn't put any nutes in!! I should of known then!! But I didn't even trip...well to make a long story short, the bleach was still in the lines...come to find out, my bro had dump too much bleach in the res and it didn't rinse out of the lines!! ARGHHH!!!

So now everybody is stunted and in pretty bad shape...they were still flowering, but the stretch was so affected by this!! I guess I won't be doin that again!!!

G

aawww man, hate to hear bout the bleach' problem.. uurghh.. live an learn huh, Thanks for sharing with us though. Might help someone not make that same boo boo.. hope they recover So very Quick!
:D

So Quick

LOL @ Fredster!!! Gotta take your time and when you feel the urge to splurge, just stop and take it out :biglaugh: otherwise any lil move and BAM!!! :D

So you see that set of bucks to the left which I'll refer to as the west wing?? That was the second batch to come down and so we ended up strippin it down like normal and cleaned the bucks and also re did the feeding & drain lines...so now, wit those sittin there nice and purdy...I ended up tearin down the whole east wing and took each individual bucket and flushed it wit a nice amount of ph'd water to knock out any bleach that had ran thru the buckets and slowly and very time consumingly moved em to the other side...and once a line was filled, I had to move the bleach infested lines out of the way and scoot the new lines over to the east wing...you talk about stupid!! This was THE stupidest!!!

Hey...here's a lil nuggie shot, so you could see how purdy these ak99's are :D light green and excellent resin production :smile:

G

only 1 word to describe this set up "fucking awesome ",,i changed my mind it needs 2 words

way to go mr so quick

Rolando Mota

Amazing grows, So Quick. That sucks about the bleach. Flush for a couple of days? Might be better to just start fresh if that's possible. Thanks for sharing and showing us how it's done!

So Quick

Thanks Ms. G :yes: I hope you stick around, cuz it's gonna get really interesting in a lil lbit :wink:

Before I get on wit my neat lil stories :D Does anybody here like to play paintball?? I'm not talkin woodsball, where you dress up in camo and play in a forest...I'm talkin about speedball!!! It'll be kewl if we have a few Ballers on here

I was introduced to this sport last summer...I mean, I always knew about paintball'n, but I always imagined it as the forest setting, but never did I know it was this intense of a sport!! If you haven't tried it...don't be scurd!! :D

So Quick

Thanks Hazey :smile:

Rolando:Same thing I thought of and I was gonna do that, but I decided to keep the show movin and get what I get and don't throw a fit!! They taught that to my daughter when she was in preschool and I've been sayin it every since!! It kills the fussiness when it's time to go out and get em somethin :D

Just real quick...look at how the roots just explode down there!! And there's no air pumps...so that goes to show that bubble wands isn't really a must...I'm sure they help, but good circulation in your res is the key!! I have a fish pump in the res and it keeps all the nutes mixed and circulated...not sure on the gph, but I'll check if anybody is curious...

So Quick

Well the ladies are all well and recooping from the bleach...well most of em are, some were affect more, but only a handful, which is a good thing!! This whole ordeal will affect the overall harvest, but I ain't too much trippin...as long as I keep the cycle on schedule!!

Another thing that happened is, I took all the clips I needed out of the mother ship, which is the cage...and stripped it down, cleaned it, and threw some sensi stars in it to be flowered!! So now you'll get a chance to see this baby in action :smile: As you can see I changed the normal feeding lines...ran the 1/2 on the inside this time and put some stoppers on the top to keep the hose in place...it's a lil hard to explain, but it'll only make sense to those that actually seen these cages in person...

This thread still has a lil more drama to squeeze out of it, so don't bail out yet :smile:

SQ

G

NICE GROW..............I'm still confused about how your system drains.From your resevoir pics, I noticed you got your drain lines connected to the bottom of your resevoir. I thought that the drain line has to be draining from the top of the resevoir using gravity. How is the water draining to your resevoir from the bottom? The reason im asking this is because im about to start the same system soon but i dont have a sunken floor for the resevoir to drain the buckets.This is the only part I havent figured out yet.

anyones input is aprreciated too.

Again, I've read all your grows on OG and you truly have a "greenthumb".

ps.. just ordered ak47xc99 cross from nirvan. (hoping for them to resemble yours)

later.

RJherb

I played the NPPL super 7 series last year, and NPPL 10-man before they switched to 7s. Nice Ripper2 & UNBELIEVABLE HERB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts