What's new

ic hydrohut "tent" grow club

Texas Kid

milkman0923 said:
im stoked, think im gonna order my turbogarden today. found one online barebones is $170 and the one loaded is like $230, is it worth it to the pay the extra cash? 6-8oz's per plant, is that under 1 600? 6 plants is perfect. thats about all i want. my girl doesnt mind it when i have a few but when i take over a room she gets kinda sketched...lol...so i was looking for something a little more self contained. i wanted the 3 x 3 table but after seeing this, i think it would be perfect. let me know how they turn out. What are some of the supplys that i will need to make sure everything is running good. this is my first hydro run so i wanna make sure i have everything from the start...what do you use for a medium? how often do you flood and drain? how close do you keep the light...with your ventilation i would imagine you get it pretty close... thanks again

The setup has a Silver Star 6" air-cooled hood, 600w Lumatek Digital Ballast running a 600w HPS bulb, and a Wind Tunnel 4" inline exhaust fan. Temps are not a problem because it is in an interior closet so it is all climate controlled around it. We will add a charcoal scrubber to the mix and that is about it.

Light stays with 8-10" away from the canopy

The Turbogarden bare bones doesn't come with alot of the stuff the more expensive kit does....pumps, pots, media, timers, and nutrients come with the complere kit and it is worth it IMO. 6 Perfect pots works great of they make an insert that fits on top to give (14) 5" netpots in an aero-type setup that it real cool. Triflex is what comes in the kit for nutes and it is enough for a flip or so..

Coco baby!!! that's all I will use.....I flood ffor 15 minutes every 3-4 hours depending on the plants and the stage of the process they are in.

Tex

Raijin

Yo Aqualab

Yo Aqualab

Damn! That is some nice looking shizzle yo! Big ups to you from the states. The plant in BCN never made such nice looking stuff! You are the king! :headbange

Texas Kid

Here is what is flushin right now in the Hydrohut Mini 3x3 tent....16 plants total in 2 gallon perfect pots....shootin for 3.5-4lbs this flip....

I will tweak it a little and run between 9-12 plants next and see if I can't hold the same numbers or even more as far as weight on the lesser plant count, I know I can....this round was really just a test of the 2 gallon Perfect Pots and the test was a success, I won't flower in anythig else form now on..

Tex

Here is a Chocolate Trip rushin the door...lol

Here is a ECSD bud that is hard as a rock

Anyways, that's whats happening at the ranch...

Watch for the new setup in a few days, something to see for sure

Tex

holly sheezzzzz TEX that's looking great!!!!!!!!!
what strains are you growing? man i need too rethink what I'm doing.... are you using co2? how long did it take you to prefect what you do?
BIG UP TEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's looking sooo nice :canabis:

tex very nice, i can only hope my first 3 x 3 will be that nice...is the key the 2 600s or am i missing something??? if you ran that same set up with 1 600 would you still get good weight? keep up the good work, cant wait to see more pics..

Texas Kid

I've been doin this for a bit now but only a half dozen full runs in these tents.

I think you'll need at least 1000w HPS over the three by three to even come close on yield but even with the 1K your not goin to get the max coverage you get with the dual 600's, sweet spots all over the canopy.

I ran House and Garden on this tent the entire time and am flushin with r/o water and a little Drip Clean from H&G.

I ran Indiana Bubblegum, ECSD, Choaolate Trip, Golden Skush, Romp19 x Texas Mystic, Sour Desiel(3 phenos), Sherijuana, and Schrom x Suddenly Blue. We are at about day 65 and the 3rd day of flushing.

I will flush thru the weekend and be ready to pull first part of the week....a couple need a few more days than the others so I will stagger the harvest just a bit.

Tex

AugustWest

Veteran
little update on my tent grow 52x52 hydrohut 1k HPS

Sour Diesel

waldodk3.jpg

sdfullpv0.jpg

Group shot (power plant, NYC Diesel, Sour Diesel, Grapefruit x blueberry)

roomfullwu9.jpg

gfbbbudvv6.jpg

gfbbbud1rj7.jpg

pppbudssua6.jpg

TEX: Can you please tell me how you mounted 2 lights in one hood? is the hood made for 2 lights or did do some modifications. this would be my ideal set up if i can find an easy way to mount the 2 lights...please let me know. thanks

should i go with something like this? its the growzilla and they do sell it as a kit with 2 600 watt hortilux bulbs and a dual lumatek didgital ballast...price is about $800, seems kinda high to me though...what do u think?

growzilla-reflector-large.jpg

Last edited:

AugustWest

Veteran
suiteflyer said:
looking tasty AugustWest!!!!!
is it hard to train your plants like that?

thanks man.. nah it's easy just find a good height and keep tying the branches down as they grow above that height.

Texas Kid

milkman0923 said:
TEX: Can you please tell me how you mounted 2 lights in one hood? is the hood made for 2 lights or did do some modifications. this would be my ideal set up if i can find an easy way to mount the 2 lights...please let me know. thanks

should i go with something like this? its the growzilla and they do sell it as a kit with 2 600 watt hortilux bulbs and a dual lumatek didgital ballast...price is about $800, seems kinda high to me though...what do u think?

The hood I use is the Sun System Super Full Spectrum that is designed for running dual bulbs or a 600w HPS and a 400w MH in the same hood. I did a slight modification on the mogul base mount to get enough clearence to put (2)600w hps bulbs in the same hood.

$126.00 msrp

Tex

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
milkman0923 said:

I don't want to be condescending to new ideas and alternative solutions, it's all great, but... those dual bulb hoods are far from an ideal solution IMO. First of all, you want to spread your light source(s) as evenly as possible over a designated area. Meaning that if you - as an example - have a 6'X6' area with two 600w bulbs as lighting, then you should place those two lights in a way that the entire canopy gets more or less the same amount of lumens. This is not going to happen if those two bulbs are lumped together, even with the best of reflectors. You will have to space out between the bulbs in order to get a good light spread.
Secondly, HID bulbs produce a lot of heat, and that heat is the main factor that reduces the life span of a bulb. Two bulbs stuck together that close increases heat tear and wear, the bulbs actually kill eachother, and to counter that you'll have to boost ventilation.
The nose to nose solution is the best one if you have to squeeze two bulbs into one hood, because the bulbs radiate sideways, and the light/heat output is minimal at the nose.
The side by side solution is simply not recommendable as a set-up. Sorry.

Oh, and $800 for a hood is pure robbery, unless it comes fully equipped with bulbs, ventilation system, carbon scrubbers and a high class hooker that gives great body oil massage. Seems like just about everyone wants to stick their hands deep into growers' pockets nowadays.

Last edited:

Texas Kid

I run (2)600 watt HPS bulbs over a 3x3 ebb and flow table and not a 6' x 6' room so my canopy coverage and penetration is pretty extreme, 133watts per sq.ft. or better.....that's the ticket. I think in a 6x6 room I would shoot for like 2500-3000watts worth of lights and maybe a mover or two to get the full meal deal cookin

To me, there isn't a single hood out there that covers more than a 3x3 footprint effectively anyways, a 4x4 table requires (2) seperate hoods in my opinion to get the same coverage and penetration. I would probably run (2)1000 watters over a 4x4 table, a single 1000 watter per SilverStar hood.

The mixed spectrum using a 600w HPS and a 400w MH end to end doesn't work very well either, IMO, if you have a fixed position hood, you get defined break lines of growth in the canopy and it doesn't stay even at all..You can see where the 600 stops and the 400 starts, now if you spin that bitch your in business...

Tex

Sleepy

Veteran
hola amigo!!

hola amigo!!

Texas Kid said:
Kinda feels good postin back on IC again, I have been away for awhile.. thanks for keepin a light on for me :rasta:

Tex

man, its great seeing you post, TK! :headbange

great pix, too! :rasta: :wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Tex, awsome show in that larger tent there... nice going man.... once my new outbuilding is ready ill be able to get my Secret jardin darkrooms, but I cant quite fit the ones i want yet.... soon though, until l then i'll struggle on in my current growhole lol,...

G

I love my HH "mini".

I do need more light than the 400 I have now though. This is my 3rd grow in it and I've had no problems. I have 3 Mr Nice SSH in there now. They have taken over my hut and they are only in week 6.

pedro
:sasmokin:

0329_Grow_4.jpg

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
so, i am a little confused here. how have some of you grown in a hut with the offgassing problem? i bought an original 4x4 last fall and it killed all my plants (seedlings, clones, flowering plants).

i sent back the canvas thing and hopefully will get a new one. lemme just say that i wasted a lot of time trying to grow out of the hut and ultimately got nothing but dead plants. i'm really liking the secret jardin tents because of the reflective material and the way you open em.

Texas Kid

My Hydrohut "Mini" 3x3 is a couple of years old and was not in any way effected by the recent problems with the Hydrohuts and similar products.

I had a new Sunhut 2x4 that had the off gassing problem and it has since been torn down and returned.

I sent a few Hydrohuts back for repair, reconditioning, fix whatever and they were returned with the same issues as before. Not because the fix was ineffective but because they didn't do anything at all to them other than open, refold, and returned to customers. This was all due to day labor issues and temp employees not doing what they were paid to do.......chances are the one you get back, unless it is brand new product, will have the same problems.

I am done with tents completely, I am using the frames as light stands but thats about it....

Tex