What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cup, 2014 Information/Invites

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang all my buddies gonna go, I am going to see what I can do... Good luck to all the entries!

mack 10

Veteran
@The_Core, rolling in the street can bring you unwanted attention and not always the law, best to be discreet.
Bring your smoking head cause its business time, this is not like your average cup, here you will get a bag a jems, all grown with the proper attention. Your scoring will be online for all to see, and just getting through the samples is hard work, and that's not including all the stash everyone brings and stuff you buy,..lol
have fun#i know I will.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Snype......get a pre-paid visa @ wal-mart or somewhere else, would think since it is a legit visa card hotels should take it. Just a thought

Snype

Veteran
Snype......get a pre-paid visa @ wal-mart or somewhere else, would think since it is a legit visa card hotels should take it. Just a thought

I don't think that they take those prepaids. They won't even take credit cards from your bank account with a Visa symbol. For some reason it has to be a real credit card and prepaids seem to be different. I remember I booked a trip with my bank card (Bank of America) and when I got to the hotel in Amsterdam they wouldn't take it and said I need a regular credit card. It still doesn't make any sense to me unless things have changed. I doubt it though. Lots of those cards won't even work in Europe that last that I knew.

PTDTTLHS

I don't have any credit cards and stuff like that. Hell I don't even have a drivers license but luckily I still have my passport. The world is so fucked up that even though I travel with a stack of cash, no hotel will rent me a room so I'm stuck staying at youth hostels.

I've stayed in plenty of hotels with out the need to show a credit card (but not in Holland) upon checking in. Here's what I've done - When checking in and they ask for your CC, tell them that "I do not want to release my credit card details to your hotel but here is my passport, you are welcome to hold it until I check out" if that is not acceptable, then offer "Would Euro$500 be a sufficient security deposit? If the answer is still no, then ask to speak to their manager. Tell the manager that you once had your credit card info stolen at a hotel and so you understand my reluctance to do it again and so would it be acceptable if they could hold your passport as security..."

that should do it.

Snype

Veteran
I don't have any credit cards and stuff like that. Hell I don't even have a drivers license but luckily I still have my passport. The world is so fucked up that even though I travel with a stack of cash, no hotel will rent me a room so I'm stuck staying at youth hostels.

I've stayed in plenty of hotels with out the need to show a credit card (but not in Holland) upon checking in. Here's what I've done - When checking in and they ask for your CC, tell them that "I do not want to release my credit card details to your hotel but here is my passport, you are welcome to hold it until I check out" if that is not acceptable, then offer "Would Euro$500 be a sufficient security deposit? If the answer is still no, then ask to speak to their manager. Tell the manager that you once had your credit card info stolen at a hotel and so you understand my reluctance to do it again and so would it be acceptable if they could hold your passport as security..."

that should do it.

That'll work in some cheap american hotel. How about when I'm there we will go to a hotel together and we will see how your idea works in Adam. I don't think it'll work. Last time I went to Adam with a paid reservation on my bank card, they wouldn't let me stay because I had to pay some sort of city tax on a credit card and when I gave them the same card that the hotel was paid with, they said sorry we need a credit card. I explained that I just flew here from the US and they didn't care. That room was $400 a night too. I had like 5k in my pocket at the time and it didn't really matter to them. It's like renting a car, I went to AVIS and Enterprise to rent a car and they needed a specific type of credit card. I had a back pack with over 20k in it and said how about I give you the money for the whole car and if there's a problem then you can take what I owe out of the money. The guy just laughed at me. We are just numbers these days.

m3shach

Hello all,
I am new here but would like to know if i could entre something in the cup ?
I would like to enter some oil, water hash and dry hash.

There is an admin here on ICMAG that knows me extremely well lol.
So i imagine my "validity and background" can be comfirmed and i assure you all.

IM NOT A WRONG UN !!! :p

Anyway, it would be great if i could indeed enter but even just attending would be nice.

Thank you

T

The_Core

@SNYPE

Why not just find another willing ICMAG member to meet up with?

Cant someone just book the room in their name with their credit card, rent a vehicle in their name. I used to book a room with my card in the states, use my ID, and let a friend stay in the extra bed or ride with me in the rental car. I guess the answer to your problem is probably just meeting up with another member here.

I know it does not solve the problem with having your own room. But most places have a safe built into the wall you can put anything you want to lock up since you obviously wouldn't trust a complete stranger you never met.....Just a thought!

If the hotel asks you for some reason why you have another person going into your room, which i doubt will happen, you can say its a friend visiting, no problem there.

T

The_Core

@The_Core, rolling in the street can bring you unwanted attention and not always the law, best to be discreet.
Bring your smoking head cause its business time, this is not like your average cup, here you will get a bag a jems, all grown with the proper attention. Your scoring will be online for all to see, and just getting through the samples is hard work, and that's not including all the stash everyone brings and stuff you buy,..lol
have fun#i know I will.

I will keep it out of the street.

I will bring my game face, my camera, and a really big smile. haha

Snype

Veteran
@SNYPE

Why not just find another willing ICMAG member to meet up with?

Cant someone just book the room in their name with their credit card, rent a vehicle in their name. I used to book a room with my card in the states, use my ID, and let a friend stay in the extra bed or ride with me in the rental car. I guess the answer to your problem is probably just meeting up with another member here.

I know it does not solve the problem with having your own room. But most places have a safe built into the wall you can put anything you want to lock up since you obviously wouldn't trust a complete stranger you never met.....Just a thought!

If the hotel asks you for some reason why you have another person going into your room, which i doubt will happen, you can say its a friend visiting, no problem there.

Yeah that would work. I'm just going to go without a plan and just see what happens. Worst case I'll just get a hostel at the last minute.

saluki

ICMag Donor
I don't think that they take those prepaids. They won't even take credit cards from your bank account with a Visa symbol. For some reason it has to be a real credit card and prepaids seem to be different. I remember I booked a trip with my bank card (Bank of America) and when I got to the hotel in Amsterdam they wouldn't take it and said I need a regular credit card. It still doesn't make any sense to me unless things have changed. I doubt it though. Lots of those cards won't even work in Europe that last that I knew.

Hey snype,
I'm in amsterdam every 4 months or so and I usually pay cash for my hotel room upfront and leave a 50-100 euro deposit depending how many nights I'm staying. I have a credit card but I do this so that I can smoke and if they hit me with a fine they don't have a credit card to charge.

I smoke in hotel rooms all the time just never before I go out in the morning basically only after they cleaned the room. Open window and towel works wonders. I only get an apartment when I travel with friends we get a big apt with big living room.

Most of the hotels do this the rennasance on kattengacht right next to harllemerstraat, 129 euros a night special if you book 3 nights on their website. Intel hotel, grand hotel amrath. They basically all have this option the only thing that changed is the deposit amount. Call the hotel you'll see it's possible.

-saluki

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah there are landlords and hotels that would love to have your cash, without credit card you'd have to call them and explain the situation. normally they only want the CC for the reservation, once you get to check in they are all about the cash and making a photocopy of your passport. btw i wouldn't offer to leave your passport anywhere unless you really have to, as you are supposed to carry id and many coffee shops will want to check your age.

maybe you can find a family member to use their card and you pay them cash.

btw i wouldn't bother with a car, unless you are living in the sticks i guess. bike rentals can be done with a deposit or by leaving some id. hope you get it sorted, try City Mundo for rentals, theyare a small company and might accept prepaid credit card, again phone and talk.

best bet will be finding someone else to do the booking and sharing the place.

mack 10

Veteran
You wont need a car, and driving in Amsterdam is going to be fun, just walking can be a challenge, lol. especially when you don't know your way around.

50State

No car required just use the public transit system, best system ever. And get a map so when you sober up you can find your why back to your place lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello all,
I am new here but would like to know if i could entre something in the cup ?
I would like to enter some oil, water hash and dry hash.

There is an admin here on ICMAG that knows me extremely well lol.
So i imagine my "validity and background" can be comfirmed and i assure you all.

IM NOT A WRONG UN !!! :p

Anyway, it would be great if i could indeed enter but even just attending would be nice.

Thank you

hey m3shach,

which admin do you know personally, maybe ask them to vouch for you to get access to the password protected section, or you can just show up on the 17th or even a day before and we can meet up in rl and give you the cup agenda info and password after a chat and smoke.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
was thinking about your problem Snype with the hotel. maybe it is because it was an expensive place and they want a credit card so they can charge you for potential damages. i think you will find normal 100 euro a night places will not reject cash, specially once they accept your reservation. but like i said email and ask or phone them. one idea would be to contact Mila from the Polinator shop and the Hemp Hotel, if they have room, i'm sure cash will be fine and there you will be able to smoke in the rooms.

Snype

Veteran
was thinking about your problem Snype with the hotel. maybe it is because it was an expensive place and they want a credit card so they can charge you for potential damages. i think you will find normal 100 euro a night places will not reject cash, specially once they accept your reservation. but like i said email and ask or phone them. one idea would be to contact Mila from the Polinator shop and the Hemp Hotel, if they have room, i'm sure cash will be fine and there you will be able to smoke in the rooms.

Maybe you're right. You probably know more. The hotel that I had problems with were Grand Krasnapolsky in Dam Square and I forget the other one but it was only a few blocks away from Kransaplsky. Oh then I had a problem at The Hilton past Vondel Park. That Hilton was pretty far. I didn't know that there were 100 euro places but I can see that maybe being easier. I've met Mila many times. I stop by her store every time I visit the Dam. I didn't know she had a hotel. I actually like that plan. Thanks!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
shit, just noticed the hemp hotel was closed down last year in October. but like i said i remember renting places from 50 a night to 150.- a night by just using credit card to pay the reservation fee and when i got there at check in they wanted to be paid cash up front for the whole stay. the posh places let you pay when you check out, i guess those want a credit card that has no limit to let you check in. for the rest paying cash up front when you check in should work.

saluki

ICMag Donor
Intel hotel right infront of Betty Boop has a very nice central location and semi-cheap. Clean bed which is all I am after really. When will you be in the room other than to sleep?

I was just there Jan. 16. Was around 130 euro a night for 6 nights and 75 euro deposit.

I usually walk-in with no reservation as you need a CC to make a reservation over the phone and online. Walk in the revolving doors, pull out my passport. I ask for the rate for 5 nights when she gives it to me I notify her i do not have a credit card and if its possible, knowing full well it is, and she replies yes with 75 euro deposit cash and pay the full stay in cash upfront. No problem.

I check out and they give me back the 75 euros in cash.

I think you have a solid plan hoping for the best and prepared for the worst. Your last resort should be a hostel IMO.

obviously money is no issue. Like gaius said thats what they want, your cash. Try and be presentable don't puff before you check in that might turn them off thinking you will rape the shit out of the room.

I hope to see you there Snype and kick it irl. I enjoy reading your tutorials, really helpful for nubs like me.

I will know if I can make it the closer we get to the date and I will confirm here first but I look forward to meetin you at the pre-event screenage gaius, do you body search for wires? no homo lmao.

-saluki

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i have sensor for that shit, lmao. i have an emp wall around me with a 10 meter diameter. all bugs rendered useless and fried, sorry about your phone, lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts