What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i weigh 260 lbs and should weigh

I really like your commitment and know you can do it! I'm 6'6" and once weighed 240 and am down to 185, I would jog on the treadmill maybe 1-2 miles then do 250 sit-ups and 250 push-ups at 25-50 reps each. I would wear plenty of clothing most weight is water weight which will shed fast and jam some music I liked and have a mindset never to quit until it hurts you can always take a cold shower and feel better! Also set aside a few days to rest your body to rejuvenate yourself, will be watching this thread making sure you meet your goal!

i appreciate everybody sharing their experience.....was really tired last night and early today,but gettin ready to go and take my medicine...dont know if it's psychological,physica,l or both,but i already feel better....LETS GO GET SOME ROAD!!!

Dödsknark

Good stuff man!

Just remember like some people pointed out, to give your body a couple of days rest every now and then. Very important.

Best of luck to you!

I'm only like 10 kilos too heavy and I know what I need to do to get rid of it... BEER! It's too good.

75 degrees today..couldnt be better..took little radio and headphones today but batteries were too low..will get batteries 2nite...got in my 80 minutes and i'm movin a little better than i was..if i need to might take a day off sat or sunday....drank 4 quarts water yesterday and expect to every day from here on out...not as tired this evenin as i was tuesday,,can at least fix a bite to eat,hehehe...thanks to all for their suggestions..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got any good hills to climb in your area? nothing like going straight up a hill to get yah workin hard

got any good hills to climb in your area? nothing like going straight up a hill to get yah workin hard
any hills,hehehe..thats why i go to the park is to get away from the fkn hills..lol...seriously,in the park it's probably about 30% hills....although i have slow down to a crawl i dont avoid them...actually enjoy the challenge.. .....UPDATE::12:10 AM AND I JUST FINISHED My 4TH QUART OF WATER...wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

got in my 80 minutes and enjoyed listenin to colin cowherd on espn while i was hikin...72 degrees and nice little breeze...have just finished 3rd quart of water...one thing i've learned is if i eat anything before i walk it really drags me down..thats what happened yesterday...need to start stretchin the back of my feet..up until now have just been doin the legs..great day to be alive!

I

InvisibleEmpire

well, you need to do many different things to drop the kind of weight you want to drop.

you need a combination of 3 things:

- nutrition
- cardio
- muscle building

proper nutrition keeps your food intake in check, cardio burns the fat and increasing muscle mass increases metabolism and strength in general.

cease eating all 'munchies'...chips, gum, snacks, cake, ice cream, etc. anything like that get rid of completely. stop eating things high in sodium content or fat/sugar content, as they're both bad for you.

a normal day for me (when i'm on my routine, heh) is something like this..

- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal with some 1% milk and a teeeeeny bit of sugar on top, banana.
- sandwich (turkey breast, ham, etc...on oatnut or wheat or multigrain bread)
- main course (fish, chicken, steak, spaghetti, etc.) depends what your goal for the day is
- packet of tuna, can get em at walmart such as the lemon pepper one
- fruit

stick to something like that. eat your carbs BEFORE you work out, and protein after. grab up a 5 pounder of some protein such as champion or optimum whey, throw 2 scoops of it in a blender with water/ice/banana/frozen strawberries and down after an intense workout.

the length of time really only matters with cardio if your heartrate is kept at that pace...for example...if you go hiking but a slow hike for 2 hours, it won't burn as much as if you got on a treadmill or elliptical and kept a solid pace for 45 minutes.

i normally eat, wait an hour go to the gym, do my lifting and finish with 30-45 mins on the elliptical since i get shin splints easily.

good luck! (PS, focus on your abs. ab workouts are one of the best you can do, along with chest, back and leg.)

well, you need to do many different things to drop the kind of weight you want to drop.

you need a combination of 3 things:

- nutrition
- cardio
- muscle building

proper nutrition keeps your food intake in check, cardio burns the fat and increasing muscle mass increases metabolism and strength in general.

cease eating all 'munchies'...chips, gum, snacks, cake, ice cream, etc. anything like that get rid of completely. stop eating things high in sodium content or fat/sugar content, as they're both bad for you.

a normal day for me (when i'm on my routine, heh) is something like this..

- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal with some 1% milk and a teeeeeny bit of sugar on top, banana.
- sandwich (turkey breast, ham, etc...on oatnut or wheat or multigrain bread)
- main course (fish, chicken, steak, spaghetti, etc.) depends what your goal for the day is
- packet of tuna, can get em at walmart such as the lemon pepper one
- fruit

stick to something like that. eat your carbs BEFORE you work out, and protein after. grab up a 5 pounder of some protein such as champion or optimum whey, throw 2 scoops of it in a blender with water/ice/banana/frozen strawberries and down after an intense workout.

the length of time really only matters with cardio if your heartrate is kept at that pace...for example...if you go hiking but a slow hike for 2 hours, it won't burn as much as if you got on a treadmill or elliptical and kept a solid pace for 45 minutes.

i normally eat, wait an hour go to the gym, do my lifting and finish with 30-45 mins on the elliptical since i get shin splints easily.

good luck! (PS, focus on your abs. ab workouts are one of the best you can do, along with chest, back and leg.)
one thing you're wrong about..."the length of time really only matters with cardio if your heartrate is kept at that pace"...it might not be optimal but any sustained cardio is good for you...also,i dont intend to get in shape in a month or two..i'm changin my lifestyle and that is somethin i'll work on for the rest of my life....if i continue to do what i'm doin i will eventually get to where i need to be...thanks a lot for yer experience..

friday mornin weigh in i'm at 258..YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA UNCLE JED!...only gonna get up to 72 today but it keeps tryin to rain on me..gotta get all this lard movin!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WTG fred! keep up the good work, its worth it, you will feel soooo much better. I was walking about 5 miles at least 3 times a week and took off about 15 to 20 lbs, that and ate less food and not so much crap. Its deff a life style change, diets dont work.
My ipod helps alot, its nice to shut out the world and listen to music and walk your butt off!! hehe
Nice goin fred, dont give up!

ambition

Good job dude. Once you get skinny you'll kick yourself for living like a fat dude for so long. I know I did.

Many things in life are over-rated. Being fit is not one of those things. The quality of life differential is night and day.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any hills,hehehe..thats why i go to the park is to get away from the fkn hills..lol...seriously,in the park it's probably about 30% hills....although i have slow down to a crawl i dont avoid them...actually enjoy the challenge.. .....UPDATE::12:10 AM AND I JUST FINISHED My 4TH QUART OF WATER...wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

just pace yourself on the hills,slow down until you are breathing deeply but comfortably,it really helps to build muscle

got in my 80 minutes and enjoyed listenin to colin cowherd on espn while i was hikin...72 degrees and nice little breeze...have just finished 3rd quart of water...one thing i've learned is if i eat anything before i walk it really drags me down..thats what happened yesterday...need to start stretchin the back of my feet..up until now have just been doin the legs..great day to be alive!

try something like a banana before you walk,its a lot like eating and going swimming,wait half an hour if you can lol!

friday mornin weigh in i'm at 258..YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA UNCLE JED!...only gonna get up to 72 today but it keeps tryin to rain on me..gotta get all this lard movin!

one step at a time!!:jump:

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
im 51 i weigh the same as i did when i was 18 150-160 was 175 once but that was after kicking dope an living at my moms for 3 months while i kicked ,went from 140 to 175 in 3 months of eating 5 times a day hahahaha .now i weigh 160 and im comfortable at that weight

Good job dude. Once you get skinny you'll kick yourself for living like a fat dude for so long. I know I did.

Many things in life are over-rated. Being fit is not one of those things. The quality of life differential is night and day.
i've had my fill of this big gut..makes everything more difficult...

WTG fred! keep up the good work, its worth it, you will feel soooo much better. I was walking about 5 miles at least 3 times a week and took off about 15 to 20 lbs, that and ate less food and not so much crap. Its deff a life style change, diets dont work.
My ipod helps alot, its nice to shut out the world and listen to music and walk your butt off!! hehe
Nice goin fred, dont give up!
thanks mrs.babba..sometimes i like the quiet and sometimes i like to listen to a radio sports show...the path that i walk runs beside a big cornfield..little creeks runnin here and there..good for the soul...i was born and raised on the farm so i enjoy that a lot...

just pace yourself on the hills,slow down until you are breathing deeply but comfortably,it really helps to build muscle

try something like a banana before you walk,its a lot like eating and going swimming,wait half an hour if you can lol!

one step at a time!!:jump:
unclefishstick,some of these hills are steep so i go up them real slow...i learned in alcoholics anonymous to just do the best i can and that'll be good enough..as for eatin before a hike i'm not gonna try that again..ate 2 boiled eggs one day and it really slowed me down..also,i like to drink 2 quarts of water before i walk..if i dont start early i never make it to a gallon

Latest posts

Latest posts