What's new

I want this to work

JWSR420

Im a little late but..

Im a little late but..

I posted this in another forum but I think it applies here as well. I am using two 600w HPS Six number 7 Smart Pots with Coco. I am using the House-Garden nutes. I planted the clones directly to the number 7 Smart pots. The first set of pictures are from week two the second set are fron two weeks into flower. I know the pictures are horrible any photography help appreciated. I am hand watering mine and it is a task. Using drip to waste. Plants are very bushy. Roots air prune through the pots and are hardy throughout the pot even rt on the surface. The one gallon smart pots are not big enough for two ro three foot tall plants I can tell you that the roots would not have room they grow so well in them.

I am now entering week 5 and am seeing extraordinary results will post update pics if there are still people reading this thread

Dee9

JWSR420 said:
...will post update pics if there are still people reading this thread

yes please!

I am trying my first smart pot, but would like to see your results!

JWSR420

Not sure on yields yet

Not sure on yields yet

This is my first smart pot coco grow so not sure what yields will be I will be taking and posting some updated pics tonight.

Dee9

I've noticed the plants in the smart-pots use more water.

Was wondering if it is due to evaporation through the cloth, and if so, would it negatively influence the humidity in the flower room?

any thoughts?

JWSR420

Got about 4 weeks left

Got about 4 weeks left

I took these pics a few nights ago. There about 4 weeks into flower here. As far as your question about using more water I am not really noticing much of a difference and I certainly dont think there is moisture going out through the pots except when I get runnoff through the bottom. I am no pro here but I can feel the sides of the pots and not feel moisture like I said expect around the bootoms. I water heavy for a few days and am able to leave them be for a night without water if I have to. Again I know the picsa rent that great but its get the point across.

In my opinion things are looking very good. :rasta:

Dee9

JWSR420 said:
In my opinion things are looking very good. :rasta:

very good indeed!

How is the root-mass - have you harvested yet and looked at the roots?

The reason I mention the water usage is due to my side-by-side grow.

Some plants in plastic grow-bags - some in smartpots

water/nutrients are wicked up into the coco

each plant has own reservoir

the plants in the smart pots use their water much quicker than the plants in the plastic grow-bags, and that made me wonder if the moisture is being lost through evaporation, or usage - but since the plants are about the same size I think maybe evaporation.

This might case salts to build up - have not noticed anything so far.

The plants in the smart pots seem to grow a little taller than the plastic pots.