What's new

I Wannabe a Wallaby

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Pretty funny story. Animals getting voluntarily high on plants sure would be a nice research field !
HEre's the bbc version

Stoned wallabies make crop circles.
Australian wallabies are eating opium poppies and creating crop circles as they hop around "as high as a kite", a government official has said.

Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.

She was reporting to a parliamentary hearing on security for poppy crops.

Australia supplies about 50% of the world's legally-grown opium used to make morphine and other painkillers.

"The one interesting bit that I found recently in one of my briefs on the poppy industry was that we have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," Lara Giddings told the hearing.

"Then they crash," she added. "We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Rick Rockliff, a spokesman for poppy producer Tasmanian Alkaloids, said the wallaby incursions were not very common, but other animals had also been spotted in the poppy fields acting unusually.

"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," he added.

Retired Tasmanian poppy farmer Lyndley Chopping also said he had seen strange behaviour from wallabies in his fields.

"They would just come and eat some poppies and they would go away," he told ABC News.

"They'd come back again and they would do their circle work in the paddock."

Some people believe the mysterious circles that appear in fields in a number of countries are created by aliens. Others put them down to a human hoax.

From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8118257.stm

Irie !

G

Guest 26753

Opium-eating wallabies get high, make crop circles

SYDNEY (AFP) — Wallabies are getting "as high as a kite" on opium in Australian poppy fields and flattening crops as they hop round in circles, according to a report.

The marsupials, which look like small kangaroos, have been getting into medical opium crops in the southern island state of Tasmania and chewing on the plant's intoxicating heads, state officials said.

"We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," state attorney-general Lara Giddings told a parliamentary estimates hearing.

"Then they crash. We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high," local media reported Ms Giddings as saying.

Tasmania is the world's largest producer of legally-grown opium for the pharmaceutical market, with about 500 farms supplying approximately 50 percent of the raw material for morphine and other opiate drugs.

Livestock and other animals, such as deer and sheep, which eat the plants had also been seen acting "weird," industry spokesman Rick Rockliff said.

"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...A-1XIDfb204Ing

crop_circles.jpg

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff, stoned marsupials.

Good stuff, stoned marsupials.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ib4cUlSSzD2JJ0A-1XIDfb204Ing

2 days ago
SYDNEY (AFP) — Wallabies are getting "as high as a kite" on opium in Australian poppy fields and flattening crops as they hop round in circles, according to a report.
The marsupials, which look like small kangaroos, have been getting into medical opium crops in the southern island state of Tasmania and chewing on the plant's intoxicating heads, state officials said.
"We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," state attorney-general Lara Giddings told a parliamentary estimates hearing.
"Then they crash. We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high," local media reported Ms Giddings as saying.
Tasmania is the world's largest producer of legally-grown opium for the pharmaceutical market, with about 500 farms supplying approximately 50 percent of the raw material for morphine and other opiate drugs.
Livestock and other animals, such as deer and sheep, which eat the plants had also been seen acting "weird," industry spokesman Rick Rockliff said.
"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," he said.

If I walked through a field of opium foraging along the way I'd end up going in circles too.

H

h^2 O

Kangaroos get high on opium - make crop circles

Kangaroos get high on opium - make crop circles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31539546/ns/world_news-weird_news/
updated 5:40 a.m. ET, Thurs., June 25, 2009
SYDNEY, Australia - Wallabies snacking in Tasmania's legally grown opium poppy fields are getting "high as a kite" and hopping around in circles, trampling the crops, a state official said.
Tasmania Attorney-General Lara Giddings told a budget hearing Wednesday that she had recently read about the kangaroo-like marsupials' antics in a brief on the state's large poppy industry. Tasmania is the world's largest producer of legally grown opium for the pharmaceutical market.
"We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," The Mercury newspaper quoted Giddings as telling the hearing. "Then they crash. We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high.
picture.php

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
thats funny lol... i know of a field of marjuana that get busted cause the deer was eating it and becoming BOLD and wandering around in town and just passing out.... after a couple weeks the cops figured it was cause they were getting into weed and then searched and found the field....

damn animal snitches...

**POST BY POOPYTEABAGS**

zappa66

we have humming bird feeders and one fermented and the birds started to fall off the feeder and acting drunk, funny shit lol

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:. I'm in oz, and we saw this on a comedy show last night, what a crack up... And what bloody idiots for thinking they were crop circles, they looked nothing like the real crop circles. But It was funny.

One summer it was over 43 degrees c. My husband and I were driving along a highway with gum trees along the side. And all of a sudden a baby possum fell from the trees, we turned back around and was stunned to see 28 possums falling from the trees from being dehydrated.
Me, being an animal lover rescued the ones I could at home.
22 survived and were released. It was the same time around the Australian 'Black Saturday' fires this year:mad:.

TwoOhSix!

thats funny lol... i know of a field of marjuana that get busted cause the deer was eating it and becoming BOLD and wandering around in town and just passing out.... after a couple weeks the cops figured it was cause they were getting into weed and then searched and found the field....

damn animal snitches...

lol @ animal snitches

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I actually don't think it's funny...PTB accidentally posted on my shit. I'm sure it's disruptive to the wallabies functions. Can you imagine what a baby wallaby must think of his junkie mother that won't take care of him because she can't stop jumping in circles? Wierd.

ddrew

Veteran
Well there you have it, I knew there had to be a perfectly logical explanation for crop circles, Kangaroos on smack.

Latest posts

Latest posts