I thought dispensary experiences were suppose to be pleasant

• Thread starter Guywithoutajeep
  • Start date

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HempHut - from what I have seen of the "all use is medical" folks is that they have never been unfortunate enough to really need medicine beyond the "I need a drink" stage. Once you've experienced it, I think that it brings a little more clarity to the argument.

M

MacGyver420

who gives a shit; pot users shouldnt have to hide behind the word "medical"

it sounds like ALOT of people actually want big pharma and the government to come in with their regulations and take over the entire industry;
yea thats real good for "the movement".

do you complain about buying cigarettes at a gas station because the environment isn't sterile????

obviously you wouldn't think of smoking your "medical" pot because that's not clean and sterile either... rofl

fuck off seriously... just fuck off

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Oh please rives, don't be so passive-aggressive, that's for punks. Anyways I got a bone spur in my lower spine that triggers all kinds of shit, and I didn't think I needed to bring it up to validate my use, nor should I have to.

Its not AIDS but maybe you are appeased now, or do you want to keep on your self-righteous trip.

L

longearedfriend

rives I have said that all use is medical in this thread so I feel pointed out when you say :

the "all use is medical" folks is that they have never been unfortunate enough to really need medicine beyond the "I need a drink" stage. Once you've experienced it, I think that it brings a little more clarity to the argument.
I don't agree with your statement, and I feel you are just making a hasty assumption (not only on me, but others on the internet who you probably don't know much about)

people who have depression, anxiety or have other mental illnesses sometimes self medicate using marijuana too

or the guy who smokes to give him a little something, to spice up his life, it's beneficial (hence medical)

this was what I was pointing out when I said all use is medical use

I feel like some people with serious illnesses would like to keep their marijuana to themselves :)

I trully understand because I know how it can really ease suffering and help people have a better quality of living

and that they could be worried about losing their legal access to that herb..

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh please rives, don't be so passive-aggressive, that's for punks. Anyways I got a bone spur in my lower spine that triggers all kinds of shit, and I didn't think I needed to bring it up to validate my use, nor should I have to, but maybe you are appeased now eh.

So when that nerve that is getting diddled by the spur acts up and you can barely walk, doesn't it tend to diminish the claims of people who "need their medicine" in order to chill out a bit? And since they seem to be the root of a revolt by the general populace who are just really tired of the whole thing and endangering your access, don't you feel that perhaps their access shouldn't be riding on yours?

L

longearedfriend

I understand but I think that is selfish also.

medical is medical

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

medical is medical

No, what is selfish is the fact that people who are using your definition of medical have destroyed the access in California for those who are truly in need. Check the following link to Prop 215, paying close attention to the wording at the beginning of section A, and see if you really believe your interpretation is consistent with it.

http://vote96.sos.ca.gov/bp/215text.htm

HempHut

or the guy who smokes to give him a little something, to spice up his life, it's beneficial (hence medical)

this was what I was pointing out when I said all use is medical use

No, it's not -- this is the point I've been making:

Lots of things are beneficial or provide "a little something" -- that doesn't make them medicine. Otherwise we must start calling movies, books, theatre, sports, etc. medicines.

When we do that the word becomes almost meaningless as well as terms like "illness" and "sickness" because if medicine can be such a widely defined term then correspondingly what it treats must become widely defined too -- we all become sick all the time. This isn't an ideological point -- it's a semantical and logical one.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
So when that nerve that is getting diddled by the spur acts up and you can barely walk, doesn't it tend to diminish the claims of people who "need their medicine" in order to chill out a bit? And since they seem to be the root of a revolt by the general populace who are just really tired of the whole thing and endangering your access, don't you feel that perhaps their access shouldn't be riding on yours?

Here let me rephrase your argument to something more convincing to myself.

You grow some kindbud and have an ounce of medicine to donate.

Do you give it to the anxious guy, or cancer patient.

Of course you give it to the cancer patient.

I understand the resentment but I contend its medicine either way, but certainly need is greater for the cancer patient.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well I just read all 11 pages,and I am happy you folks have the opportunity to to discuss the ins and outs of the professionalism of your local medical spots. Maybe someday in my state,we will be able to do the same. Much respect to all.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
BTW ,in my honest opinion.....I liked the place with the pup on the sofa. As an animal lover,I would feel comfortable walkin in,pettin the dog ,and buyin my meds. But what do I know???:ying:

medical is medical

i understand where you are coming from I get it . I will just say the feds have cannabis schedule 1 illegal for all ! We are just trying to get them recognize it as a medicine and reschedule it . feds are not going to take a schedule 1 drug and reschedule it to were it can be grown bought or sold like it was aspirin or homeopathic remedy . That in my mind would make it legal so fight for it ! We the medical is medical people are trying to get it to where i can get our medicine just like we get our other fed schedule medicine with out any bs. We are talking two different issues on the same plant .

The general public and the Feds is seeing mmj being grown bought and sold like it is allergy meds not like narcotics.

L

longearedfriend

No, it's not -- this is the point I've been making:

Lots of things are beneficial or provide "a little something" -- that doesn't make them medicine. Otherwise we must start calling movies, books, theatre, sports, etc. medicines.

When we do that the word becomes almost meaningless as well as terms like "illness" and "sickness" because if medicine can be such a widely defined term then correspondingly what it treats must become widely defined too -- we all become sick all the time. This isn't an ideological point -- it's a semantical and logical one.

I believe there might be something beneficial for a lot of people in the herb though
not just people with very serious/debilitating diseases

I understand that it's really hard for the med folks, and that you guys are really worried of losing easier access to it and safety

I definitively think that sick people should have priority
I believe it can be medical not only for people with serious illnesses but various other ailments.

uplifting your mood, beneficial for the health

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe there might be something beneficial for a lot of people in the herb though
not just people with very serious/debilitating diseases

I understand that it's really hard for the med folks, and that you guys are really worried of losing easier access to it and safety

I definitively think that sick people should have priority
I believe it can be medical not only for people with serious illnesses but various other ailments.

uplifting your mood, beneficial for the health

I think that we would all agree with what you say here. What I took exception to was defining "beneficial to your health" as "medicine". While I understand the leap and agree to an extent, if that was what conventionally defined "medicine" your health insurance company would have to pay for your gym membership.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here let me rephrase your argument to something more convincing to myself.

You grow some kindbud and have an ounce of medicine to donate.

Do you give it to the anxious guy, or cancer patient.

Of course you give it to the cancer patient.

I understand the resentment but I contend its medicine either way, but certainly need is greater for the cancer patient.

i stonedly agree....

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
who gives a shit; pot users shouldnt have to hide behind the word "medical"

it sounds like ALOT of people actually want big pharma and the government to come in with their regulations and take over the entire industry;
yea thats real good for "the movement".

do you complain about buying cigarettes at a gas station because the environment isn't sterile????

obviously you wouldn't think of smoking your "medical" pot because that's not clean and sterile either... rofl

fuck off seriously... just fuck off
o

I agree how did it get so out of hand for just cannabis this is so out of hand all over the world and all our Gov are playing games with our lives and the smart ones see that something is seriously wrong here. Use whatever terminlogy they want this is a farce perpatrated by the drug companies .Anyone who thinks that the Gov is going to do a good job here with cannabis is sadly mistaken. The Gov moved in Canada and took over the cannabis and they were told not to make anything over 7% or 8 % because people were complaining that the bud was too strong. They give the worst bud anyone has ever seen bar none.Canadains owe 1/2 a mill to the gov in fronts lol.. Headband707

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
To the Medicine vs Recreational crowd:

To the Medicine vs Recreational crowd:

Given that we are all being poisoned 24/7 by corporate smokestacks, coal coke sludge ponds, mafia front companies illegally dumping toxic waste, fracking tainting the water table, the oceans a cesspool, etc etc etc etc etc...

Given that cannabis has been shown to decrease the odds of getting cancer, and another more recent study described how it caused tumors to shrink and die in a lab by clearing the signal pathways so the signal to start dying gets thru, or someshit like that...

Isn't ANY and ALL use of cannabis therefore medicinal, regardless of the user's intent? Even if you don't currently have cancer, its preventative medicine.

Disagree? Please respond.

HempHut

Given that we are all being poisoned 24/7 by corporate smokestacks, coal coke sludge ponds, mafia front companies illegally dumping toxic waste, fracking tainting the water table, the oceans a cesspool, etc etc etc etc etc...

Given that cannabis has been shown to decrease the odds of getting cancer, and another more recent study described how it caused tumors to shrink and die in a lab by clearing the signal pathways so the signal to start dying gets thru, or someshit like that...

Isn't ANY and ALL use of cannabis therefore medicinal, regardless of the user's intent? Even if you don't currently have cancer, its preventative medicine.

Disagree? Please respond.

Hehe, given the effort you're putting into propping this notion up I would be inclined to think that you're working from a conclusion first and then looking for a means to justify it.

All you've done is change your argument from, "everyone is sick all the time" to "everyone is about to be sick (from cancer!) at any moment."

Given the banality/falsity of this slightly altered claim the argument falls over right there.

It's the same essential argument as before, so it means all the same objections still apply as well as counter-examples.

To be consistent we also have to consider anything that may have preventative capacity to be medicine.

Which means:

Someone joining a gym is buying a years supply of medicine.

Someone eating fruit is taking medicine.

Someone eating vegetables is taking medicine.

Someone walking away from a group of cigarette smokers is moving in a medical direction -- medically navigating.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Its a new angle to convince you, not because of anything you have written, haha. And you're retreating to your old counter.

So HempHut what you're saying is taking a baby aspirin daily to prevent heart attacks doesn't qualify it as a medicine?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a new angle to convince you, not because of anything you have written, haha. And you're retreating to your old counter.

So HempHut what you're saying is taking a baby aspirin daily to prevent heart attacks doesn't qualify it as a medicine?

Quibbling over the definition of medicine is moot. Prop 215 clearly states that it is for "seriously ill Californians". The argument, I believe, is whether or not every Tom, Dick and Harry is eligible to receive mmj under 215. In order to qualify as "medical", the need has to meet the standards set by Prop 215, not simply to be beneficial to the user. Do you actually believe that everyone purchasing in a dispensary is seriously ill?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts