What's new

I think my phone is tapped.... FUCK

babelfish

Have you heard, they now have a DEA program that tracks when you change disposable phones! Really! I'm guessing the phone companies can track the change by locating the last known use of a disposed phone, and seeing whether a new phone got activated at the same time in the same location. That's all it takes apparently.

So don't think throwaway phones are foolproof. Big Brother is watch everything he can...

I'm guessing the way to avoid that is to activate your new phone after you've thrown away the old one, in another location.

For more info just search for DEA and Hemisphere. Apparently they do more spying than the NSA.
REVIVAL FROM THE DEAD!!

combination of this and those records companies like att and verizon handed over - includes basically who calls who. Even if a call did not originate or terminate with them, if it went through their network the metadata was collected, stored and handed over.

Relationships might look sorta like a spider web if one were to imagine it. so when one web link goes dead, they look for another that connects to the same places.

I think likely to beat this both sides would have to swap phones every conversation. phones, numbers, and sim. Basically some one time use system. and quite frankly with the laws the feds built themselves for traditional voip/telecom traffic, might be better to migrate to another platform entirely for voice. something that encrypts end to end.

otherwise one would need to transform the voice before it hits the transmission - so even if they listened in they would only hear the raw encrypted data. (they have devices that do this sort of thing in some of the phones some of the feds use).

I got this stupid text once, some guy texted me and said can I get one on credit!
I just ignored him because you don't want to acknowledge something like that.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Have you heard, they now have a DEA program that tracks when you change disposable phones! Really! I'm guessing the phone companies can track the change by locating the last known use of a disposed phone, and seeing whether a new phone got activated at the same time in the same location. That's all it takes apparently.

So don't think throwaway phones are foolproof. Big Brother is watch everything he can...

I'm guessing the way to avoid that is to activate your new phone after you've thrown away the old one, in another location.

For more info just search for DEA and Hemisphere. Apparently they do more spying than the NSA.

They save more than 4 Billions a Day for 26 Years? :-O

the new nsa supercomputer in the new HQ they built (which is melting down) can hold, supposedly, 100 years worth of digital communications

Easy7

Veteran
Screw the phone companies and all their wild ideas of democracy. I'd get a burner if it's that big of a deal. We aleady know they don't need a warrant, unless they want to go public with the info.