What's new

I think maury is a man-feminist

G

when maury does the lie detector test episodes has anyone noticed when the woman is demanding the truth from there man 100% of the time it turns out the man was lying

when its a man demanding the truth about there woman 100% of the time the woman is telling the truth.

this means either 2 things i can see. the majority of woman are more serious in there relationships then the majority of men. pshh ya right

OR

maury secretly hates all men and has a hidden agenda to make us look bad.

''Your going to get yours Maury"

M

Mr. Nevermind

this means either 2 things i can see. the majority of woman are more serious in there relationships then the majority of men. pshh ya right

OR

Has nothing to do with either option. Its simple.... ratings. If the lie detector showed that the man was telling the truth then there isnt a fight or a reaction from the crowd and viewers. Drama = ratings. bad news sells better than good news, its simple. look at newspapers or news shows, do they report that millions of peopel made it home safe or that 139,000 troops are alive tonight in iraq or do they tell about the few people that got murdereed and the soldier that lost his life that day.

Bad news sells, so i am sure that many men are tested but the ones that pass end up on the editing room floor. The ones that fail make it on the air due to the anger of the womens reaction.

nevermind

G

The Bling said:
Well its not very often a man has to wonder who the mother of his child is right?
I was referring to the cheating part.

Mr. Nevermind you have a good point and your probably right. but that doesnt explain why he edits all the men to be cheaters and liars and edits the woman to be honest. its too one sided.

They should call that show "He is not the father"...lol, its so stupid, brainwash corporate propaganda "here is your opinion" consumerist crap...Americans are such lovely people huh?

G

i think people that say brainwashed corporate propoganda about everything american are just brainwashed to say brainwashed corporate propoganda.

I must admit that I watch the show more than I should, and you're wrong. From the several dozen, perhaps over a hundred shows I've seen, men do pass the lie detector tests about 7-10% of the time. Women do a little better, but most(over 70%) still fail. Also, lie detector tests are given mainly to men...probably because if they were given to the women as much as the men, we'd all see they are no better.

I've also noticed that certain ethnic groups pass and fail more than others. Also, lie detector tests=men look bad. Paternity tests=women look worse. The worst case scenario for a woman is the love of her life cheats on her, but they have kids and she'll at least get child support, or maybe they don't have kids and she can just start over. Worst case for men: the love of their life cheated on them, the child(ren) isn't/aren't his, and he just wasted several years of his life, work, and money supporting a cheating wife/girlfriend and a child that isn't his. Did you see the one with the guy that had a cerebral palsy kid for 10 years that turned out not his? Ouch, to say the least.

Personally, I'd love to see a more even playing field and have women go through more lie detector tests(along with their paternity test; cheated only 1 time my ass!) and even "sexy decoys" for the women. Also, Maury has to be that caring, sensitive, maybe even metrosexual guy for the TV, but sometimes you see him break character by laughing at some low blow comment one of the guests make. He covers his mouth if it seems inappropriate to laugh. :biglaugh:

I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, ladies, just calling it like I see it. Feel free to critique my comments.

M

Mr. Nevermind

reefermadness69 said:
I was referring to the cheating part.

Mr. Nevermind you have a good point and your probably right. but that doesnt explain why he edits all the men to be cheaters and liars and edits the woman to be honest. its too one sided.

because cheaters=ratings. If the people werent cheating the show wouldnt be interesting. As far as why more men are cheaters on the show? Women are better cheaters, they dont get caught as easy as men do. So more women call the show accusing men than vice versa.

Nevermind

G

Maury comes on right after the morning news over here and sometimes while I leave the TV on when doing things around the house and I always know when the news is over when the screams, boos, crying, wailing, fighting etc from the maury crowd/guests echo through my house. It never fails to make me laugh for the few seconds I catch before I change the channel. Its like a modern day traveling circus/freak show. Now it just travels into your living room. You cant take it seriously, its just a joke. peace dj.highst

G

DJ.Highst said:
Maury comes on right after the morning news over here and sometimes while I leave the TV on when doing things around the house and I always know when the news is over when the screams, boos, crying, wailing, fighting etc from the maury crowd/guests echo through my house. It never fails to make me laugh for the few seconds I catch before I change the channel. Its like a modern day traveling circus/freak show. Now it just travels into your living room. You cant take it seriously, its just a joke. peace dj.highst
dude gimme what your smoking.

G

Mr. Nevermind said:
As far as why more men are cheaters on the show? Women are better cheaters, they dont get caught as easy as men do. So more women call the show accusing men than vice versa.

Nevermind
aint that the truth

S

SmokeMan

reefermadness69 said:
when maury does the lie detector test episodes has anyone noticed when the woman is demanding the truth from there man 100% of the time it turns out the man was lying

when its a man demanding the truth about there woman 100% of the time the woman is telling the truth.

OR

''Your going to get yours Maury"

man you got a good point!

cherrybombshell

The only thing I find strange about Maury, is his absolute disbelief when someone ends a relationship over cheating. He's always shocked. "But he only did it one time!!!"

He must cheat on Connie constantly.

G

i hate myself for watching his show, but i love to hear those 5 sweet words that just makes my day...."you are not the father"....