What's new

I suck at growing weed and need some help "getting it"

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Its weird, I read the same thing but maybe I messed up

I thought it was working well everytime I checked the roots, but above ground deffo suffered...

I'm thinking now that maybe a slight decrease in frequency would be better? then another slight decrease...until I figure it out

RB56

Veteran
Don't overfeed the little guys. Don't let the coir completely dry out. feed around the edges for the first week or so to build roots. Once you get to the final pot size for flowering and fill it with roots, THEN start multifeeding. It's almost impossible to overwater in coir when the pot is full of roots. I've always thought internodal spacing was determined by:

1) Genetics
2) Light
3) Too much difference between lights on and off temperatures.

CodyPomeray

Understanding how to grow good weed takes a paradigm shift.

Often this comes hand in hand with entheogenic use.

I recommend taking mushrooms and chilling with your plants.
You'll come to notice the subtle emergies at play, the universal cohesion and connection.

Feminine energy does much better at growing weed.
Understanding the subtleties and moving away from the paradigm that the plant is a cash machine and that the more you feed it the more you get out of it.

Learning to cull plants instead of using poisons. Learning to make your own organic pesticides/fungicides insteadnof using poisons. Learning that modt everything that comes in a bottle sold for cannabis is repurposed industrial waste.

Use peat or soil. Use rock dusts. Use natural organic acids.

Forget everything youve read in cannabis books. Fuck Jorge, and his ilk.

Get on PubMed, NCBI, and other white-paper journals to learn plant physiology and soil science.

/QUOTE]

Preach!

hyposomniac

Veteran
Get a handle on your canopy temps and humidity using meters and a vpd chart.. especially important if you live in a cold dry season. Don't let the rootzone get too cold either.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Ok here we go
Soaked the seeds for a day, paper towel for a day. Planted them in 300 ppm presoaked coco and they started coming up this morning...

Took the dome off. It said 75 deg 62 rh, but that one dampened off so I had to decrease rh...

Looks like 7/8...atm. maybe 6.

picture.php

Cadfael

Get them closer to the lights, your a stretching a bit much, Also make little planting stake out of paper clips to help support those little babies.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Whether or not you need a dome is determined by ambient temperature and humidity. For some people they are overkill and can cause mold problems. For other people they are required. For example my house has a humidity of about 27% in the winter.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So this isn't cannabis, but I'm seeing that the coco appears dry on the top but the coco has not completely dried out.

Yet there aren't any root hairs, so I'm assuming they died off already and I should have watered a little sooner.

Maybe even the top layer drying out can be used as an indicator of when to water again...

picture.php

Pumpkin

Veteran
Ah, you can water more often. You are doing fine. Make sure you got shit loads of drainage holes, that's all, then you can keep em moist no probs. With good drainage overwatering is very difficult in coco.

Remember to flush once a week. A lot of people forget this, or don't think it is important. But will save you a lot oh headaches

Cadfael

All substrate medium (soil, coco, rockwool) act like a sponge. If they are the slightest bit damp they absorb water easily.

The worse thing you can do is let them completely dry out. And like a completely dry sponge, it is much harder to get them to reabsorb moisture.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Don't love your plants to death. Like a chick, you need to send them mixed signals for them to respond. Stroke them and tell them how important they are, then ignore them for a few days. They'll respond to that.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So this isn't cannabis, but I'm seeing that the coco appears dry on the top but the coco has not completely dried out.

Yet there aren't any root hairs, so I'm assuming they died off already and I should have watered a little sooner.

Maybe even the top layer drying out can be used as an indicator of when to water again...

View Image
Forgive my stoner memory, I think they say you need to rewater coco when it is dry up to the first knuckle of your finger? So I think I'd let that one dry out another day before watering.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That's exactly how I water in soil is pot weight. With coco I was doing small watering, multiple times a day to try and keep their metabolism going like a body builder does, lots of small caloric intakes spread over a longer period of time.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
No my bad you obviously meant these plants. I don't know what soil that is, but a few those look really, really dry to me.

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts