What's new

I screwed up and over dried

G

Have not done this before. Fuck. Saturday night after 6 days drying in my tent using a humidifier as usual at 65% all week and about 72 F I decided the buds were not quite ready. Dumbass attack. I decide to turn off humidifier since indoor % is still 50-53 % and let them go another day. Soon as I touched the buds to collect them I knew I fucked up. Got it all jarred and dropped a 62% Boveda pack along with just calibrated hygrometers. All are in low 50’s as of today. I’m so pissed off at myself since this was looking like maybe my best effort of my Headbanger clones. Lesson learned. I have always been more likely to jar early and burp a lot.

DunHav`nFun

Pick some fanleaves and throw em in each jar till nugs are rehydrated.....then burp jars accordingly till bovedas show constant 62%.....Hope that helps....and....

Peace....DHF....:ying: …...

G

Pick some fanleaves and throw em in each jar till nugs are rehydrated.....then burp jars accordingly till bovedas show constant 62%.....Hope that helps....and....

Peace....DHF....:ying: …...

Fans got trashed a week ago with the trim. I’m hoping there is some moisture still in the buds and in the jar will pull it out.

G

I under dried and rotted out nine jars.

At least you got weed.
Glass half full!! I don’t have any of this left from last run and don’t want to mix it with other stuff unfortunately.

G

Sativa. They were still way sticky night before and I never would have guessed they would dry out that much in less than 24 hours.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The buds are done at this point.

Once humidity drops below 55% the sweat stops, and adding moisture
will not reset the process.

Not the end of the world, as like lousy pizza, its still pizza.

Lesson learned, as we all know too well.

DunHav`nFun

The buds are done at this point.

Once humidity drops below 55% the sweat stops, and adding moisture
will not reset the process.

Not the end of the world, as like lousy pizza, its still pizza.

Lesson learned, as we all know too well.
Well DC......If you`re referring to destroying volatile terps and causing excess THC degradation , then yes you`re correct in that , no …..you can`t reset THAT process.....but.....

I assure all here that just a couple leaves in each jar will in fact rehydrate each jar to within proper parameters , but yes the damage has been done.....all that can be done from that point on is to insulate all jars against anything causing THC degradation as in air , light , heat AND moisture in excess of 62% to prevent anaerobic mold production inside said jars.....

Hell....Major outdoor croppers on the left coast dry ALL their shit BONE DRY , bin it and when time comes to market it as product moves , they put the shit back in sealed rooms with humidifiers hooked up to humidistats.....I most definitely don`t condone or agree with said process , and had a knockdown dragout argument with a member here now banned btw , but …..

The process works and ALSO adds 8 friggin lbs per gallon absorbed by said buds , and that was my argument , but of course fell on deaf ears as the absorbed H20 got turned into $1000`s per lb of nuthin but fukin water ok ?.....I mean.....how many gallons of water can be absorbed by oh let`s just say ….100 lbs …?.....I rest my case but I digress and get off my soapbox...…

Sorry you have no backup fans for the flowers Stewart.....Better luck next run.....A buddy of mine gave me a tip a looong time ago if you grow enough to offset the cost and shit gets critical for packaging purposes.....getchas a wood flooring moisture meter and monitor daily how much water is evaporated from the colas by just touching probes to colas , and then once you know what percentage of moisture is right for where you live geographically humidity wise , jarring and burping till satisfied is babyshit easy.....aight....Wake n bake over....

Take care and.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying: ….

THC123

Veteran
You could just vac seal them and keep em closed for 2 weeks. I am sure the moisture will redistribute and they would be fine.

Bovedas will help get the humidity back on track but they WILL fuck up taste and overall quality. I will never ever use them again!!!! Turns grade A into schwag. The word boveda makes me vomit!!!

MedFaced

Hell....Major outdoor croppers on the left coast dry ALL their shit BONE DRY , bin it and when time comes to market it as product moves , they put the shit back in sealed rooms with humidifiers hooked up to humidistats.....I most definitely don`t condone or agree with said process , and had a knockdown dragout argument with a member here now banned btw , but …..

The process works and ALSO adds 8 friggin lbs per gallon absorbed....

Please, go on. I know a few left coast farmers. None of them would be happy if the crop went “bone dry.” Never heard of people being able to reverse decay with moist leaves. I have known farmers that used lettuce and orange peels the same way one uses a boveda. Sadly, my observations match the other poster’s. Once it gets to a certain point, there is no bringin it back. Hell, id even argue that drying/curing is more challenging than growing the damn things out...for some of us left coasters anyhow. :tiphat:

MedFaced

Bovedas will help get the humidity back on track but they WILL fuck up taste and overall quality. I will never ever use them again!!!! Turns grade A into schwag. The word boveda makes me vomit!!!

It’s a packet of salt and water. How does that turn grade A into swag?

THC123

Veteran
Once it gets to a certain point, there is no bringin it back

Yup while you can get the bud moist again with bovedas or other methods, the quality and taste will forever be fucked once it reaches a certain point.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You can add fresh leaf or stock to the bin, but it'll always be a harsh smoke.

But most people think they have over dried. Just stick it in a garbage or other plastic bag for 24 hrs and you'll know for sure.

THC123

Veteran
I don't know why but it just does I did so many side by sides cuz I wanted to believe in the product. The end result is weed with perfect humidity but an awful taste. just yuck, it also fucks with smells.

I really hate bovedas after doing all these side by sides!

caliprop215

Veteran
Weed is getting waaaaaaaaaay to technical. If u have grown enough it's not a horrible problem if u over dry.

Better then under drying and mold growing is it not... lol...

Stop worrying throw a fresh bird or orngepeel or a damp paperwork. Dont let them touch the buds tho could cause mold

DunHav`nFun

Please, go on. I know a few left coast farmers. None of them would be happy if the crop went “bone dry.” Never heard of people being able to reverse decay with moist leaves. I have known farmers that used lettuce and orange peels the same way one uses a boveda. Sadly, my observations match the other poster’s. Once it gets to a certain point, there is no bringin it back. Hell, id even argue that drying/curing is more challenging than growing the damn things out...for some of us left coasters anyhow. :tiphat:
Let me be more specific Medfaced….Please don`t be offended since MOST left coasters I know that grow have a certain respect for the plant as well as the finished product that yes , takes yrs of runs under your belt to properly dry and cure product for market as well as and or for long term storage......that said.....

ANYTHING re-introduced to bone dry dope to rehydrate it will kill smell as well as taste when brought back up to 62% RH content.....but....The grower/growers I spoke of earlier have/had no concern for anything other than return on investment since it all got/gets shipped to the right coast for maximum profit structure , and the REASON to completely dry product was for long term storage on 100`s and 100`s of lbs so as to not dump product all at once for reduced prices as well as creating a glut in the market driving prices down even further , so they`d sit on the shit and ship out only what they deemed fit to keep prices up.....anyways.....

Also.....The very reason I just stated above about rehydration holds true with boveda packs that "raise" moisture content in containers rather than "maintain" moisture already inherent in said nuggage IN container , so there`s the reason you think bovedas suck Bro.....and lastly....

62% RH is perfect for "storage" of product , but I like my buds a lil drier to give max smell and taste , but that`s just me.....Everyone has their own personal preferences.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

THC123

Veteran
Also.....The very reason I just stated above about rehydration holds true with boveda packs that "raise" moisture content in containers rather than "maintain" moisture already inherent in said nuggage IN container , so there`s the reason you think bovedas suck Bro.....and lastly....

Makes sense ! Indeed the bovedas makes weed taste like rehydrated schwag! Even when the RH of the weed (or better said RH in jar) is 64% bovedas will fuck up the taste. FUCK boveda

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feel for you Stewart,,,
Sadly once it’s gone,,it ain’t coming back,,
I nuked a gorgeous crop of “ ice cream” with an oversized exhaust on a too high setting,,
Sticky,stinky crop turned to hay,,,8 or so years ago and still pisses me off,,,,
Totally my fault,',,,
All the best,,,s2