What's new

I Remember, PANAMA

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lived there for a couple years in the mid 80s but only know PR from the mid and late 70s. Lots of hikes in the jungle and catching peacocks in Gatun

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was a young teen in Motown in early 70's and got a few joints of PR. Fantastic. Colors, trails, laughing, long-buzz. We used to get a lot of good smoke back then, but nothing was ever like the PR.

I think the Panama Red of legend was rare even back in the 60's and 70's. Really top grade Colombian was rare back then too. Lots of decent or crappy Colombian but not a lot of the primo.

Acapulco Gold was on another level too. People still talk about real AG and how they felt like they were on shrooms. I had some very good Mexican pot but most was not very good or just decent.

Colombian Red was likely confused with PR sometimes or maybe they were one and the same. If you have great reddish pot to sell and PR is popular at that time, you call it PR.

Top grade Colombian, Mexican, Panama or other South American pot would take you to another level of psychedelic experience. No one country or strain had a lock on top quality.

LostTribe

Premium user
South American Gold! On another levels mange! Pot down there is great buds spicy fragrance even some burnt bacon skunk jungle sativas down theres! MMMMmmmmmMMM!

txuck

i visited colombia few years ago, costa rica and Panama.
What i see in the area is most of the landcrace weed is from Colombia.
I need visit more Panama, my girlfriend is Panameña, and i speak spanish perfect,,, so next time i will try to find some old panameñan seeds:biggrin:
This is some panama pink hair grow indoors at home, in europe..
150 days of flowering.... would like to see this monster in a tropical area outdoors...:tiphat:
agur :biggrin:

Edit... my girlfriend says that after 89, when the US left the country, most of the local weed started to disappear , probably no more costumers from the us army...

Attachments

• 12144947_1668621073350028_2277754037405580160_n.jpg
    12144947_1668621073350028_2277754037405580160_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 12122937_1668621106683358_8518949583054001681_n.jpg
    12122937_1668621106683358_8518949583054001681_n.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
Colombian Red was likely confused with PR sometimes or maybe they were one and the same. If you have great reddish pot to sell and PR is popular at that time, you call it PR.

this is what i've read
had a great connect for punta roja back in the day, dealer called it red tip
and it was, best columbian, except for the gold, which was even better
anyway, i have read that some of the punta roja on the columbian side is not far from where the panama red of legend was grown
so the distinction was a bit sterile, pretty much the same stuff

now i once saw some 'real' PR, or so i was told
saw it sitting in the back of a police cruiser, so no sampling allowed
but the color was very different, never seen its like again

LostTribe

Premium user
I need visit more Panama, my girlfriend is Panameña, and i speak spanish perfect,,, so next time i will try to find some old panameñan seeds:biggrin:
150 days of flowering.... would like to see this monster in a tropical area outdoors...:tiphat:

Edit... my girlfriend says that after 89, when the US left the country, most of the local weed started to disappear , probably no more costumers from the us army...

That Panama Red sure looks real nize mange! Whats she taste like and how long do you run her?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
haven't had any since I was a kid....good stuff,,, and I was smoking gold stamped hash at the time too... along with mexi so I had decent tolerance...yeehaw

Oldganjafarmer

Hello, I remember smoking panama network late 80s, even in the early 90s, but the quality changed.
I remember coming pressed boxes of CD's, they had red and gold colors, and a very energetic effect, a delight. Panamanian, Colombian and Mexican were the first plants that I cultivated. I also remember having Lambsbread Jamaican collie. I'll try to find some old photo ... greetings! :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user

Looks great but appears longer flowering than the ACE version also same pink hairs but 9-13 weeks bloom or so they say. Nice pics!

Latest posts

Latest posts