What's new

I Remember, PANAMA

leaddraft

Yes the famed Panama RED, grown on a certain (Islands) on the Pacific Side & my trip there... (Early 70's)...
lotsa AWESOME Strains I got on the Atlantic Side... It's been Awhile, I been getting My "health" in order. I'm getting Old now, If I can get back here, I'll tell a few "Stories".. I've got a few from over the years.. Ludes, acid, Plenty of Reefer & the best (sugar) Caine I ever seen in Panama.. Even a smuggling adventure as a 18 year old.. (1978).. :dance013:

Dead_Diver

I remember Panama too. I went through the Canal back in '86 when I was in the USN, I'm a member of the Loyal Order of the Ditch. Had a lot of fun in Panama. You could get anything and everything , not just drugs, in Panama. The Free Trade Zone was like a giant flea market and streets lined with garage like storefront shops that sold items for dirt cheap that "fell off" the cargo freighters going through the Canal. Good times for sure there.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew Panama Red from ACE and liked it a lot. Reminded me of some 1978 weed called 'Mohawken'. The old time weed was reddish and I think they were trying to say Oaxacan or Michoacan.

The high was similar and the taste exactly the same. I never had Panama Red back in the seventies, came close to getting in on a major shipment of it but that fell thru.

I wish someone that got the real thing back then would try growing this ACE or Cannabiogen version and comparing it to the old stuff.

I had a bit of the old seventies red Colombian and wonder if that was a close relative of the Panama or even the same in some cases? Was more stony than the gold Colombian.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember Panama Also, GREEN HELL '88

patch_54.jpg

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
way back in the Panama jungle....10 miles by cayuka (big dug-out canoe, with a 10 HP Mercury), from the nearest road or electricity.. The way I like it...

edit: Panama is like lots of other places; They have some killer weed and they have some crappy weed...

Attachments

• Darkland.jpg
    Darkland.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16

indalo

Lovely scenery . I've been through the canal a few times myself , and it always fascinated me. I bet there wasn't many cops about in them waters .

Jon 54

The only difference between us is I have a few more years on you. We did the same type of drugs I really miss the old ludes,I used to get unopened bottles of 500 count 712's and 714's. the Roers. Lived all over Central and South America and the Orient. Smoked real OPIUM and did the purest Heroin that ever existed.

Jon54 :plant grow::plant grow:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Got some ace breeders pack red pheno bout to go into flower now to compare n hopefully find a stud to go with my girl... all depending on how they turn out.

theclearspot

Is the Panama Red from Ace seeds similar to original landrace? What about Acapulco Gold can you buy that anywhere and is it decent?

Panama Red, Panama Red
He'll steal your woman, then he'll rob your head
Panama Red, Panama Red
On his white horse, Mescalito
He come breezin' through town
I'll bet your woman's up in bed with
ol' Panama Red

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Im gonna find out.... i got what i think are 12f/6m atm had more but dog culled some.... my first time runnin ace panama.....or ace seeds in general..i also got Malawi breeders back2 congo nepjam golden tiger banghi haze tikal . i can say this from seed they looked much more wide leaf as reported by everyone.... now that the bigger showin more sativa side but nuthin like a pure sativa normally would...very much like hybrid . but that was previously addressed. .... dubi said they work the lines for yrs to selectively breed for shorter flower times n more manageable growth.. n is not polluted by n indica 2 things my gurl could use help with.,, she is 14-16 wks not bad for what it is and just has a wild out of control growth that just takes over other plants... so if it is as good as ppl say the right red male may make my gurl a perfect momma.. my opinion on it... im gonna let the smoke tell me n not judge it by its looks... believe me im a long time sativa head n ill know if its mixed... if its good ima use the pollen if not oh well... ace got a solid reputation....smoked n seen some of there viet black was legit there thai but both those looked nld 1000%.. also dubi customer service is great.... replaced a lost order instantly. .. i will say this stem rub smells r kinda very similar to my gurl which gives me high hopes... ..

parden60

I was a young teen in Motown in early 70's and got a few joints of PR. Fantastic. Colors, trails, laughing, long-buzz. We used to get a lot of good smoke back then, but nothing was ever like the PR.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I was in Panama this year, back backing thru the country and central America for a couple of months. Panama is still pretty wild, altho the more touristy spots like festivals and Panama City center are heavily patrolled by armed policia. Was hard to find a good deal on weed.. Coke and stuff was everywhere and cheaper than smokes, but we always managed. I don't think the original Panama Red exists even in Panama. Maybe with some really old skool dude underground, but mostly it was just street stuff or Colombian grown weed. Was a nice time tho, i'd recommend a trip there to anyone speaking some spanish.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I went back to Panama about two or so years ago. I am a refugee from Colombia and that is about as close to home as I dare. I go visit Brazil yearly, but it is not Spanish and not really home to me.

I visited the Pearl Islands when I was in Panama. I smoked some crazy weed. I brought back seeds, about twenty of them in the bottom of the pockets of the jeans I wore on the plane. No problem. I met a Colombiana on the Pearl Islands, but it fell apart when this girl I was just dating intercepted some of my emails. I think I may have married that one if the girl I dated in Seattle didn't get involved. We have completely lost touch because of the way it went down and just as well. I married a beautiful Braziliana since and couldn't be happier.

Now if I could just find those seeds I smuggled back. The weed I smoked in the Pearl Islands was very crazy stuff, trippy and long lasting high. The good stuff I smoked was grown by a guy from Belize that was living with natives on the Pearls and really knew his stuff. He reminded me of a California grower with his attention to detail. He lived off of selling to the tourist that frequent the islands. That is what I used to do as a boy living in Colombia, but I never grew anything. My weed come from my cousin's finca near Medellin. He even agreed that the good weed in Panama originated from Colombia.