What's new

I needed something to do this weekend

Alright, The UCDWC is up and running! I started 4 Chem D4's under a 1000w in a 4x4 room, 62.5 w/sq.f.t the a/c is keeping the room at 77 when lights are on and 70 when lights are off. Ive decided to go with CES for this run, mainly cause thats what I have the most of. the plants seem to be ajusting well, the went a little limp yesterday when I put them in but the recovery is coming along nice. Ill put in a net here in a couple days.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Looks great DigDug.
The Reflectix is a good call on keeping the buckets and res cool and light proof.
K+

Looks great DigDug.
The Reflectix is a good call on keeping the buckets and res cool and light proof.
K+

thanks for checkin in!!! I thought that reflecto stuff would be a good idea too, I think it will keep the cool in and the heat out, my intentions anyway. With the a/c and some DM Zone in the res, I think Ill be able to maintain a nice cozy place for the gems to come up.

check ya later

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Alright, The UCDWC is up and running! I started 4 Chem D4's under a 1000w in a 4x4 room, 62.5 w/sq.f.t the a/c is keeping the room at 77 when lights are on and 70 when lights are off. Ive decided to go with CES for this run, mainly cause thats what I have the most of. the plants seem to be ajusting well, the went a little limp yesterday when I put them in but the recovery is coming along nice. Ill put in a net here in a couple days.

Looks great dig! Keep it simple with the nutes and you'll kill it!

Hope you don't mind, here is a recent shot of my system, 3 plants, 3x3 tent. Soon to be in your 4x4!

picture.php

picture.php

Looks great dig! Keep it simple with the nutes and you'll kill it!

Hope you don't mind, here is a recent shot of my system, 3 plants, 3x3 tent. Soon to be in your 4x4!

picture.php

picture.php

those babies are beautiful!! I cant wait to see how this thing does, Im going to add a tray of ICE in there where the green crate is a small soil grow that should blend in nice.once I get that in there ill put a net over every thing and let her rock and roll.

Im doing the CES Micro and Bloom with that Sugaree, Ill use Gravity a little silica, And Dutch masters Zone, and thats probably it. what do you think, I have some Humic acid from Humbolt, but I dont know if I should use it, I dont like the way it makes the water turn black. I also have some VOODOO juice from AN I thought about running just to get the roots in over drive but I think the zone will kill it anyway so no point of that, anyway let me know what you think Im open to suggestions.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
those babies are beautiful!! I cant wait to see how this thing does, Im going to add a tray of ICE in there where the green crate is a small soil grow that should blend in nice.once I get that in there ill put a net over every thing and let her rock and roll.

Im doing the CES Micro and Bloom with that Sugaree, Ill use Gravity a little silica, And Dutch masters Zone, and thats probably it. what do you think, I have some Humic acid from Humbolt, but I dont know if I should use it, I dont like the way it makes the water turn black. I also have some VOODOO juice from AN I thought about running just to get the roots in over drive but I think the zone will kill it anyway so no point of that, anyway let me know what you think Im open to suggestions.

Thanks Dig! Just a post of encouragement, keep with the RDWC, you'll be ROCKING IT in no time flat! First time I ever ran DWC I got horrible root rot & ditched it quick. Got kinda discouraged, but I went back and learned what went wrong. Now I'm a firm believer in R/DWC.

I'm actually going to try the Sugaree on ^that system shortly. From what I've found it's pretty much an organic version of Uncle John's Blend. Enhances flavanoids and other aromatic compounds, basically a nice carbohydrate product. Should help boost bloom, but doubt it'll boost as well as adding a PK booster too. Koolbloom/MOAB/Hammerhead/etc in low does should do the trick nicely.

I really like the CES Micro/Bloom. Can't really say about the silica never ran it, but hear good reviews. Know it strengthens branches, but can't really say that's every been a problem with RDWC. Haven't ever ran DM Zone, but personally not a fan of killing any beneficials. Really like humic/fulvic acid, but never ran them directly in this system. Know they will affect pH if a decent quantity is used. A product like Floralicious plus by GH ads a nice touch of organics w/humic acid. Voodoo Juice is a root stimulator, like Roots Excel, right? Never ran it, heard good things (know it's not cheap), but I can't really say either way.

Chem 4 is very likely going to LOVE nutrients. I would use CES Micro/Bloom, add Cal-Mag(or another Ca/Mg supplement), maybe add an enzyme (hygrozyme or multizyme), a PK booster, Sugaree, and maybe Floralicious Plus. Chem 4 will LOVE the Ca/Mg, an enzyme will help break down decaying/loose roots in the system/increase nutrient uptake, and a PK booster really help fill bud production. Keep the PK low, like to start liquid Koolbloom ~2mL per gal or so, then slowly ramp up. Just my :2cents:

Keep up the good work!

well its official the UCDWC has been temporarily shut down. I didnt realize how quick root rot could set in, my water temp never got over 74 degrees but apparently that was enough. I fought with it for a few days and decided until I can get up the duckets to spring for a chiller its a mute point. so its back to what I know....ebb n flow....Hopefully I can salvage the plants, they are chem 4's that I hear is a great strain. I wasnt having much luck with them. even through veg i couldnt seem to make them happy. so I put in some Ice and Ill run some Banana kush also. anyway chock one up for root rot.

Latest posts

Latest posts