What's new

I need some help please!

Cimis

Hello fellow growers! :wave:

I plan to start my little '10 grow, but I have some questions first :help: .
I'm using a plot used in '08 that has a perfect light exposure but that year I had a lot of strange problems olso (see phots). The plants we're okay 'till August when part of them started dyeing...:violin:
Do you have any idea why this happened?

They were in 7 gal. plastic bags with holes on the bottom and where burried. I gived them chemichal fertilizers and they got like 1.5 to 3 liters of water every 3 days.

This year I plan to use the same 7 gall. bags and pretty much the same things.
The strains will be : 5xPolar Light, 5xAutoMaria, 5xShaman, 6xChronic and 5xFrisian Drew.
Somebody knows this strains and has some advice?:ying:

Sorry for my bad englesh! :D
ps. I know, using the blue bags was a stupid thing to do...

ayatayo

hi.......were you feeding them every watering? if no, how many feeding per watering?it's so sad! such beautifuf plants.........can't tell if that's nute burn or under watering; plants that big should drink more than what you give (3L are less than 1gallon)....maybe both of them?try posting this in the infirmary.........

minime

that looks very simular to some of my plants wear doing fine untill flowering started late aug----it was a virus that effected a few peoples grows---did the plant start dieing from the bottem up yellowing leaves then it works its way up untill the whole plant died--some of the surrounding plants survived and wear not effected

TexasToker

I am curious as to why you did not just plant them in the ground. Some of that damage could be caused by your roots rotting/molding, is my guess. Did you check the roots after? I would think that being underground in a bag would be bad, even with holes in the bag.

Dig hole
Add dirt of choice
Plant
water
Give first feeding after they have hardened off a bit.
feed 2-3 times a season or more if they seem to need it. At least in Texas that is my routine for outside.

Most soil and ground soil has a lot of good nutes already in it. Outdoor growing is super easy minus the damn bugs and deer. *and the damn wild/feral pigs!!! bastards will DESTROY a crop overnight. Anyone in TX want to go pig hunting I have a great place. Just don't shoot my cattle or horses.

Cimis

hi.......were you feeding them every watering? if no, how many feeding per watering?it's so sad! such beautifuf plants.........can't tell if that's nute burn or under watering; plants that big should drink more than what you give (3L are less than 1gallon)....maybe both of them?try posting this in the infirmary.........

Yes, from what i remember, i fed them at every watering...Now that i think of it, maybe it was nute burn...this year i'm going to give them less nutes. Thanks for calling them beautiful, it made me feel verry proud! :D

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would bet on underwatering. Deffinatley don't look like nute burn from the pics. Nute burn starts to show at the tips and will work its way in from there. To me it looks like the very typical stress from lack of water. Like texas toker said take em out of the bags and put em directley in the ground if you don't ever intend on moving them. A big plant like that can use gallons of water on a hot summers day.

Cimis

that looks very simular to some of my plants wear doing fine untill flowering started late aug----it was a virus that effected a few peoples grows---did the plant start dieing from the bottem up yellowing leaves then it works its way up untill the whole plant died--some of the surrounding plants survived and wear not effected

I have a friend that told me it could've been a virus...I didn't quite belive him, but you described the exact things my plants had! So i guess my friend was right!
So can this thing be prevented or dealt with?

Cimis

I am curious as to why you did not just plant them in the ground. Some of that damage could be caused by your roots rotting/molding, is my guess. Did you check the roots after? I would think that being underground in a bag would be bad, even with holes in the bag.

Dig hole
Add dirt of choice
Plant
water
Give first feeding after they have hardened off a bit.
feed 2-3 times a season or more if they seem to need it. At least in Texas that is my routine for outside.

Most soil and ground soil has a lot of good nutes already in it. Outdoor growing is super easy minus the damn bugs and deer. *and the damn wild/feral pigs!!! bastards will DESTROY a crop overnight. Anyone in TX want to go pig hunting I have a great place. Just don't shoot my cattle or horses.
I have a very clay soil and it's full of other roots... I hoped that bags kept water near the plant.
I saw that somebody else did that on this forum, so i wanted to try it! :D

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
whatever you do, bury those grow bags! blue bags under plants = rippers and cops.

be safe!

good luck

TexasToker

Cannabis literally can drill through hard stuff outside. Inside it needs to be super light. What you are kind of doing is a swamp bucket.

Like Guyute54 said and your concern for keeping water near the plants it does seem like under watering. You can use a bag or hell even a bucket if you want, just cut out the bottom when you put it in the ground.

TomHill grows in some ridiculously large bags, I forget how big, but they were like 50g bags. A small bag like you are using would surely cause problems I would think.

B

banjobrain

I have a very clay soil and it's full of other roots... I hoped that bags kept water near the plant.
I saw that somebody else did that on this forum, so i wanted to try it! :D

Cannabis newbie here, but experienced plant grower regardless...

If you have a clay heavy soil, that would do just fine with retaining water. From the looks of it, I wouldn't be surprised if you over watered your plants.

Just on the inside of the grow bag, dig down 8-10 inches and check out your soil moisture. Grab some and smell it. You'll know if you're overwatering your plants, because it'll smell kind of foul - it's hard to describe.

If you're underwatering your plants, you'll find that it'll be difficult to get down to the 8-10" level because your soil will be hard.

It's a tough call, because the symptoms that the plants show for underwatering AND overwatering are very similar - this is universal in the plant world. The only way to really know is to dig into the soil and find out for yourself.

Good luck

Cimis

I would bet on underwatering. Deffinatley don't look like nute burn from the pics. Nute burn starts to show at the tips and will work its way in from there. To me it looks like the very typical stress from lack of water. Like texas toker said take em out of the bags and put em directley in the ground if you don't ever intend on moving them. A big plant like that can use gallons of water on a hot summers day.
Ok, this year no bags! :D Thank you very much for the advice!
But don't you think that the other plant's roots could harm my little girls ? Maybe i'm just too paranoid! :D

B

banjobrain

whatever you do, bury those grow bags! blue bags under plants = rippers and cops.

be safe!

good luck

Seriously. Lose the blue bags. Cut the tops off of them.

You might as well put a neon sign out there that reads...

"Interesting plants here! Please investigate further!" :tiphat:

TexasToker

In the wild cannabis does not grow only in places that no other plants have been. Roots are a part of nature. Don't sweat it, unless it is some crazy water hoarding plants that are near. A lot of people find that nettles actually help cannabis grow. Something it(nettle) does to the soil.

minime

------

looks simular not saying it is but my problem was not to much or to little water---no nutes wear yoused---fish blood and bone meal chicken manure---i hae pulled many grows from hear---but it was this strain that had the problems and it spread to the plants near to i------good luck with your next grow

Cimis

Cannabis newbie here, but experienced plant grower regardless...

If you have a clay heavy soil, that would do just fine with retaining water. From the looks of it, I wouldn't be surprised if you over watered your plants.

Just on the inside of the grow bag, dig down 8-10 inches and check out your soil moisture. Grab some and smell it. You'll know if you're overwatering your plants, because it'll smell kind of foul - it's hard to describe.

If you're underwatering your plants, you'll find that it'll be difficult to get down to the 8-10" level because your soil will be hard.

It's a tough call, because the symptoms that the plants show for underwatering AND overwatering are very similar - this is universal in the plant world. The only way to really know is to dig into the soil and find out for yourself.

Good luck
I feel kind of stupid for not thinking of that! :D
Thank you for the precious informations!

Cimis

In the wild cannabis does not grow only in places that no other plants have been. Roots are a part of nature. Don't sweat it, unless it is some crazy water hoarding plants that are near. A lot of people find that nettles actually help cannabis grow. Something it(nettle) does to the soil.

That's true! :D I think too much!
This time i will just dig holes and change the soil without any bags.

Cimis

------

looks simular not saying it is but my problem was not to much or to little water---no nutes wear yoused---fish blood and bone meal chicken manure---i hae pulled many grows from hear---but it was this strain that had the problems and it spread to the plants near to i------good luck with your next grow
wow! they look just like mine did!!

Latest posts

Latest posts