What's new

I need help passing a hair follicle test....tomorrow!

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
It's just for a car dealership. Do you think they're trying to scare me? Is that not the norm to take a hair follicle test?
I worked at Boeing and Microsoft and didn't have to do more than an occasional UA.

According to some research I have done, I have one thing going for me, blonde hair. Apparently it's not as hard to get the toxins out of light hair.

I hate to be the one to say it but; Honey that "blond hair" don't always work in your favor exactly.

That's kinda what I thought. This is a funny thread though I didn't stop laughing all the way through it. Good therapy.

Here, Grab some hair...

Now the reason that we are having so much fun with it is because short of some genetic weirdness or weird illness you can remove the hair, but you can kill the follicle short of radiation or chemo. And they prefer freshly shaven samples, or frequently shaven because it regenerates faster.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
What did they say? I'm freaked out about what will happen when I'm done with school and start looking for jobs.

Back then the tests weren't much more than a Ph test.
That's what I'm saying though. In 1997 it was easy to beat the UA tests, even on a 24 hour notice. Now it isn't, the test check for the imbalances that happen with chemical flushes.

But a car dealership asking for hair follicle tests?
What car dealership? Ferrari Or Mercedes?

E

el dub

Don't sweat it. Even if they test you, there are more car dealership jobs out there. Personally, I wouldn't let it get to that point.

The last time I interviewed for a position that tested, it took me by surprise. The guy told me I had the job once I passed a urine test. I admitted to the guy they would find cannabis in my urine and asked if that would be a problem. His jaw went slack and he stated that no one had ever answered that way before. He said that would be a problem, as smokers tend to be "dishonest." I asked him how dishonest I could be if I was willing to admit I smoked? I shook his hand, hit the door and needless to say, I never heard back from them again. But I did retain my dignity.

lw

ddrew

Veteran
Shave your head, and buy a human hair wig, wear that to the test, hope that the wig hair donor wasn't a bigger stoner then you.

Seriously though, just go take it, whats the worst thing that can happen?
You fail and the job offer is retracted.
But maybe it's a bluff and they don't really do anything with the sample.

But if you refuse to take the test, you for sure are not getting the job.

Bring some clean hairs from someone you know and see if you get a chance to switch them for yours at some point.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to some research I have done, I have one thing going for me, blonde hair. Apparently it's not as hard to get the toxins out of light hair.

The hair follicle is the root...... And it could test positive for up to 3 to 4 months......

I doubt they will go to the expense of this kind of test.....

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hair follicle test for a car dealership job sounds really strange. Those tests are not cheap and not usually used in small civilian jobs. I know of some major oilfield companies that test hair but have never heard of a small employer doing it.

Either way. You can't beat a hair test unless you shave every hair off your body. I'd at least take the test and make them waste all that money. Best of luck.

L

LadyCropSitter

Thank you everyone for your advice. All I can do is try and if it doesn't work out, it wasn't supposed to.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I work for a large company that regularly random drug tests it's employees. At least they promote that they do all over the place, especially to new hires. Only thing is... I've been there for four years and I don't know anybody that's been subject to a test. I did hear that some dood fucked up a Bobcat on the job and got tested about 10 years ago but I don't know for sure. Either way, good vibes to you LCS :good:

One Love 731

Veteran
This thread is like allot of threads around here lately. A bunch of people running there gums about what they no nothing about. I feel so blessed to of plugged into a few here in the know. Actually there are several methods to work the test in your favor which are documented on other forums with results. Hair tests are the norm in some areas in the modern day work force. The last thing one would want to do is remove all hair, no sample, no pass. Thanks to those of you who are supportive, its people like you that give our movement a fighting chance, we will prevail. The good part about all this is LCS in her first grow by herself has a greener thumb than 90%+ of the members here, she really doesn't need to work. She wants to be a part of her community. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

H

HenriettaHippo

Once upon a time I failed (miserably I might add) a urine test for a large company that owned several dealerships in the area. I shortly thereafter got better job with a dealership who did not care

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
At one point I had a decent job, but wanted to see if I could find something better. i went on lots of interviews (great practice!) and got lots of job offers I didn't want. Once place said as I was leaving, "We'd love to have you, can you start Monday? You do need to take a drug test first." I said "no, you cannot, it's none of your damn business what I do after work, and this is a freaking DESK JOB you jackass!" And then I walked out. Great feeling, that.

D

dubdi3mond

i would suggest that you try bleaching your hair then dying it back as close as possible to normal color but doubt that 12 hours is enough time for that

knew someone from school that used to do that for their summer job, always had the job so i just assumed that it worked for him unless they didnt give a fuck

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One Love 731, did you bother to read that link you posted ?

Okay folks, I had the test on Monday, and did those steps 1-6 twice on Wednesday, once on Thursday, once on Saturday, and then Monday morning before my test.
She need to pass tomorrow right ? And not for nothing,
those results are VERY hit or miss even with a few days notice.
I don't think anyone is being un-supportive, they are just giving the facts.

Quote Krunch, what's the diff ? Never know there was two kinds ?
follicle test cost a shit ton more then hair test.......