What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

Ganja baba

Veteran
hi guys i plan on selling most to customers at my hydro shop , and i all so have a chain of indian restaurants to take ornamentals for their tables . like the red rockets , stumpy , and medusa and similar . i can get load of chilies from one little plant , so instead of the usual bamboo stick and a flower the customers will have lovely chilies to look at and even eat , ill change the plants on a 2 weekly cycle then repot them and get my wife and friends to sell them .

i am also in talks with a flower wholesaler and some garden centres ,
so far every one seems too be happy with buying chilli plants with chillies on them .

i actually find it hard to let them be sold , they are like our little babies

if i sell every plant for 2 pounds then i have more than broken even , if we get 5 and up to 20 for some then we will be really happy .

if i give them all away i will be still be really happy ,
looking for a little site with some tunnels and glass houses , but for now they are all indoors .

then if i am left with lots of fresh chillies i have buyers from a few whole sale restaurant veg distributors

L

LuckyPunch

this is my bonsail chilly plant when its grown well
i dont know the latinum name yet
buds are very small ..but tasty and hot !
you dont need any training for this plant
pic is showhing how it vegs

L

LuckyPunch

hi guys i plan on selling most to customers at my hydro shop , and i all so have a chain of indian restaurants to take ornamentals for their tables . like the red rockets , stumpy , and medusa and similar . i can get load of chilies from one little plant , so instead of the usual bamboo stick and a flower the customers will have lovely chilies to look at and even eat , ill change the plants on a 2 weekly cycle then repot them and get my wife and friends to sell them .

i am also in talks with a flower wholesaler and some garden centres ,
so far every one seems too be happy with buying chilli plants with chillies on them .

i actually find it hard to let them be sold , they are like our little babies

if i sell every plant for 2 pounds then i have more than broken even , if we get 5 and up to 20 for some then we will be really happy .

if i give them all away i will be still be really happy ,
looking for a little site with some tunnels and glass houses , but for now they are all indoors .

then if i am left with lots of fresh chillies i have buyers from a few whole sale restaurant veg distributors
<<<<<<deleted due to terms of use, no soliciting of any kind>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bonecarver_OG

also trying a few tests out , i am trying to see what element promotes early flowering , so far i have tried extra P. K. P AND K together and now extra magnesium so far the penguin poo seems to slightly help , but good temps and a general low nitrogen feed seems to promote early flowering , and night time temps is the most essential thing i have learned

i grow my chilis in soil :)

i used P and K also. mononutrients and PK 13/14 varieties. enormous difference in the fruits production, size/flesh thickness and plant health.

essential stuff. although i use them sparingly. i mix nutes in 1000 liter tanks starting with EC 0.6 and adding PK untill i get 0,05 increase in EC.

also i do adjust ph of the mix to 6.4-6.7ph with phosforic acid.

here during the peak summer the heat is in reality too high for the capsicums, mostly effecting growth rate and flowering. im opting for using shade cloth on some parts of my crop this year and see if they benefit from that or not.

this far i know im in for trouble with the rocotos since they dont seem to be able to handle high heat :) im almost thinking of putting them on continuos drip under shade during peak heat.

anyhow some general info - from a info sheet for hydro pepper culture - snippet about nutrients

http://www.infoagro.com/hortalizas/pimiento.htm

Teniendo en cuenta que las extracciones del cultivo a lo largo del ciclo guardan una relación de 3,5-1-7-0,6 de N, P2O5, K2O y MgO, respectivamente, las cantidades de fertilizantes a aportar variarán notablemente en función del abonado de fondo y de los factores antes mencionados (calidad del agua de riego, tipo de suelo, climatología, etc.). Cuando se ha efectuado una correcta fertilización de fondo, no se suele forzar el abonado hasta que los primeros frutos alcanzan el tamaño de una castaña, evitando así un excesivo desarrollo vegetativo que provoque la caída de flores y de frutos recién cuajados. Tras el cuajado de los primeros frutos se riega con un equilibrio N-P-K de 1-1-1-, que va variando en función de las necesidades del cultivo hasta una relación aproximada de 1,5-0,5-1,5 durante la recolección. Actualmente el abonado de fondo se ha reducido e incluso suprimido, controlando desde el inicio del cultivo la nutrición mineral aportada, pudiendo llevar el cultivo como si de un hidropónico se tratara.

Los fertilizantes de uso más extendido son los abonos simples en forma de sólidos solubles (nitrato cálcico, nitrato potásico, nitrato amónico, fosfato monopotásico, fosfato monoamónico, sulfato potásico y sulfato magnésico) y en forma líquida (ácido fosfórico y ácido nítrico), debido a su bajo coste y a que permiten un fácil ajuste de la solución nutritiva, aunque existen en el mercado abonos complejos sólidos cristalinos y líquidos que se ajustan adecuadamente, solos o en combinación con los abonos simples, a los equilibrios requeridos en las distintas fases de desarrollo del cultivo.

use google translate :) if u cant read spanish :)

Ganja baba

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36724&pictureid=870864&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] this is my bonsail chilly plant when its grown well
i dont know the latinum name yet
buds are very small ..but tasty and hot !
you dont need any training for this plant
pic is showhing how it vegs

this looks just like our red rockets , one of the best all rounders grows easy and looks stunning and tastes great , we keep one similar to yours on our windowsill . nice plant mate

Ganja baba

Veteran
i grow my chilis in soil :)

i used P and K also. mononutrients and PK 13/14 varieties. enormous difference in the fruits production, size/flesh thickness and plant health.

essential stuff. although i use them sparingly. i mix nutes in 1000 liter tanks starting with EC 0.6 and adding PK untill i get 0,05 increase in EC.

also i do adjust ph of the mix to 6.4-6.7ph with phosforic acid.

here during the peak summer the heat is in reality too high for the capsicums, mostly effecting growth rate and flowering. im opting for using shade cloth on some parts of my crop this year and see if they benefit from that or not.

this far i know im in for trouble with the rocotos since they dont seem to be able to handle high heat :) im almost thinking of putting them on continuos drip under shade during peak heat.

anyhow some general info - from a info sheet for hydro pepper culture - snippet about nutrients

http://www.infoagro.com/hortalizas/pimiento.htm

use google translate :) if u cant read spanish :)

hi mate thanks for the info , i am running most of mine in soil to but all in pots , i use fulvic and humic acid also npk ratio around 3.1.5 and ph at 5.6 seems spot on under lights , chilies do seem to love coco to though and i have my big plants in the pots with holes down the sides and air pots ,

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
picture.php

Not much too see here (;
First 2 are some Jalapenos I ordered,
the other are Habaneros from seeds I collected from last year.
I hope they are good ...

B

bonecarver_OG

:) im expecting some faster growth now when the night temps have gone up to 14ºc :) all the plants from last year have shoot out several nice "branches" and are going for it.. the ones planted this year are still not growing too much, but it will change soon..

i still got 2 trays of chillies and sweet peppers to take out.. gotto seriously try to calculate water usage for this year, since i got a warning last year. it sucks with drought!

so this year i wont plant almost anything else than chilis..

peace all

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
trinidad scorpion 'butch t'
picture.php

tsmb (trinidad scorpion morouga blend)
picture.php

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
hey mate your trinadad butch scorpoin looks evil lol i am nearly at the point of being able to chop a whole scotch bonnet up and sprinkle it fresh onto my mutton and rice . hate to think how hot your girl actually tastes . but man shes a healthy looking plant mate thumps up

oh and guys i will be uploading the photos tonight , left my camera wire at work , the other day ,

Ganja baba

Veteran
just changed to the new mac operating system which means the old photo shop doesn't work so now i went to use the new one and it says trial over , on top of this my camera was set to raw and i photo dont recognise the format so photo shop is the only way to get these photos sorted .

waiting for my pal to give me the serial number fingers crossed will get some pics up soon ,

Whoo Hooo! My chillie seeds which I planted are starting to come up; so far ten out of thirty.
The seeds I got from a couple of plants I bought from the shop last spring; someone on here said they sound like red Cayenne. The nicest chillies I have tasted.
I also had what was supposed to be a yellow Habenero, but the chillies from that one weren't very hot, so that plant got turfed.

B

bonecarver_OG

ganja baba - sounds like piracy lol ;)

nog - the "red cayenne" is actually a "cayenne" :) since its the normal colour :) if they taste strongly like paprika it could be so. several cayenne strains around.

this year i wont grow cayennes, since i still got kilos dried. well, i got still kilos of all the varieties and i find myself to use pretty much only the smoked chillies. im so addicted to that flavour.

i cant stress enough times how awesome the flavour is of the hardwood and fruit tree smoked chillies. i even got a batch i used spanish champagne (cava) to soak the wood before smoking the chilies, and it lead to a insane CAVA and smoke aroma!

really recomend ya all to make a smoker!

notes on over wintered plants;

i saved the biggest bush of french long sweetpeppers, and one of the spanish "guindilla de navarra" (pretty damn hot! and big nice pods) and they have also started sprouting shoots, a little bit later than the hot chilis.

a pic from last year of the "guindilla"
picture.php

Ganja baba

Veteran
thats a nice looking chili bonecarver , seems i had the wrong photo shop i was trying to use elements should have used the cs5 took even more pics today , will be popping them in tonight lol for sure this time

got one coffee bean i think it is with all most perfect round golf ball pods , are these ment to be hot do you know cant find the packet ,

and yellow and red marougas seem to be some thing to do with the trinidad scorpion , any one grown these out yet , :peacock:

B

bonecarver_OG

use an oven. electrical ovens work great because of the low heat. just leave the door a little bit open, and set the temps at 60ºC. the more chilis you are drying the longer time it will take. a good idea is to cut the chilis in half. this speeds up the process.

i posted this last year some time. there u go