What's new

I love my PIT, but he always smells like shit!!!!

El_Kabong

I've got a pitty that farts bad, smells like a nasty diaper, I'll take him outside when he does and then come back into that stench anyways even after a long walk, it could peel paint.

I almost started a dog fart thread tonight but instead just posted in here, I hadda share that.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you feed it? I think that the most common cause of bad gas in dogs is from letting them eat "people" food.

El_Kabong

I never feed people food to my dog, when I eat they never have any interest, thats the way life is here, on Thanksgiving and Christmas my dog will get a treat. Maxx eats Blue Buffalo Buffalo Wilderness chicken and rice.

smokefrogg

Veteran
mine only smells like that after coming upon super dank CAT SHIT, mother f'r loves to sneak kisses immediately after poo consumption time...although ours did get his nads chopped, i rarely ever see him licking his junk actually and there is hardly ever any kind of leakage looking stuff, we only bathe him every 2 months or so as he gets incredibly dry and irritated if you do it too often

Booyah!

Don't assume that the spa drained his anal gland...They usually only do small dogs if that...many just skip the task unless you press them to do it. It's usually not an issue with larger dogs but if that's the problem your gonna have to do it yourself.

Drift13

They will also eat cat feces if given half a chance. Seems cats don't digest their food completely(per Vet)and so attractive to some dogs.
FWIW Our Pit needed her anal glads done evey 6 to 8 weeks and you sure could tell when it was time.

gtgio

Moral of this thread: Pit bulls can be tough, pit bull owners can be tough, but its hard to be tough when your finger is up a dogs ass. :laughing:

Hope your dog is smellin' better, OP.:tiphat: