What's new

I love dogs.. but im out for pit bull blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyz

first let me make it clear that im a dog lover; pits included, even though im against the measures people go through to make the more vicious than they naturally already. having said that, let me give you the chronicles of the week long story "Stray fucking Pit Bull vs. Keyz"Ok lets back up to about last monday. I live down the street from a school so I hear a bunch of kids acting crazy in front of the house. I look out, and there is a pit bull leading traffic about ten cars deep down the major road that my house is on. So Im feeling for the dog, like man, its definitely gonna get hit. I think nothing of it and go on about my day.Tuesday I wake up to some ridiculous howling. I get up, wipe the drool off of my mouth and proceed down the stairs to tell my (just turned) one year old boxer to shut the fuck up. Instead i get downstairs and he's looking at me like, "Before you start yellin... it ain't even me." I look out the front window and the pit Bull is on my porch howling to fuckin rising sun. I open the door and he takes off.A few days pass, a couple dozen blunts... and the dog has faded from my mind. Friday night comes. Say ten o clock pm. I take my boxer out into my fenceless backyard and put him on a ten foot chain so he can use the bathroom. I walk in the house.... and not 15 seconds later, i hear a scuffle. Fuckin 75 pound stray pit bull laying on top of my 50 pound boxer, mauling up his arm. Reacting before thinking, i run out the back door in my socks, stepping in snow, mud, and a year and a half worth of dog shit piles; grab the pit Bull, throw him against the back fence and dig my knee into his side. i grab the behind the neck fat, pull his head up, stick my forearm under it and put him in a rear naked choke while my girlfriend dragged my now crazed and pissed off (and ridiculously muddy) dog into the house. Still in a choke, i pick the dog up off of his feet and walk to my back door. At this point, he's gasping for air and i know that in about a minute, he'll be dead. Still reacting and just worrying about my dog who is now in the house, i use my foot to pull the back door open and i launch the pit about 8 feet off the back porch.At this point, there is no growling, no attacking; just a few seconds of him trying to regain his breath and giving me this look like a disappointed doggy pout face look. then he takes off out my backyard.I call 911 who says they are on their way but never show.. My dog is limping all around with some pretty deep punctures.Next day i wake up to my dog going nuts at the back window. And wouldn't you know... he's back. Reacting again i grab a 18 inch knife and snatch the door open. he takes off.This time i call animal control who tells me to call 911. This time i called 911 and told them since they don't care that there is a loose pit running around just a few houses down from an elementary school and they don't want to come get him then im going to kill him and im just calling in to document the conversation so that i don't get animal cruelty charges. They tell me that they have only one truck and one driver for the whole city (which is like one of the largest cities in the country) and they won't search for him, id have to detain him in my yard for them to get it. I say "so what's your suggestion? should i jump on his back and ride him around the yard while tying a collar around his neck and then tie him to the fence? what the fuck?Anyway, after a fresh snow last night i noticed a nice amount of paw prints circling my yard, and I've decided that my only option left is to kill this dog. Id shoot it, but that would draw unwanted attention to my house. Id smack it over the head with a shovel, but as soon as i get to the door, he takes off. before you respond, im not a dog murderer. But the city won't help me, and for the safety of myself, my dog, my neighbors, and the local kids, this bitch gotta go... Im thinking maybe a nice tasty bowl of antifreeze will do it... but come on, give me some of your Man Vs Wild techniques to capturing or taking this bitch out of its pointless existence.

change your approach, the dog is obviously hungry, keep calling the cops dude
i wouldn't mess with a stray pit bull, its clear that domesticated pits are the best pets ever
anyway good luck, i like your poison technique

yes, i've heard some pretty bad things about pit bulls. not to mention stray ones :-/ Despite that, i am not a fan of animal cruelty and i don't recommend hurting it :-(

praisehim.

Veteran
wow. thats fucked up. give it a bowl of food, an then lure him in with treats an leash him up. If you can put it in a choke hold then you can definetly put him on a leash.
If you really love dogs, killing it would'nt even cross your mind.

Lt. Herb

I've heard that bud/oil will straight put a pooch out if ingested. Lace a steak w/ some QWISO and let the fucker knock himself out ;) Wait for coma, restrain as necessary, then drop the dime. Gets the fucktard gone and keeps the conscience clean (justified as it may be).

In your position I would be considering the same option.

Honestly, I would have shot it the night it attacked my dog. City or not.

But if your going to do it please do it humanely. There is no reason to make him suffer the probably slow painful death of poisoning.

No to the antifreeze.

I also think the suggestions to feed and befriend the dog would be worth trying first.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Take a bag of scrap leaf, heat it for an our in a pint of milk, strain. Add sugar and syrup, put the whole bowl out for him. Once he drinks it, wait 45 minutes, go find him and put a collar or tie on while he is passed out. [don't tell how ya got him, ya just found him that way,} beer would probably work too.
H

bentom187

Veteran
adopt it, its got no where to go, no owner and you may be able to train the aggressivness out of him,not all dogs can be helped when they are aggresive towards other family pets so mabey a freind would take it. sound like a good guard dog.

bterzz

Veteran
wow. thats fucked up. give it a bowl of food, an then lure him in with treats an leash him up. If you can put it in a choke hold then you can definetly put him on a leash.

agreed. thank u.

Keyz

i wasn't a fan of it either until a took my dog to the vet and looked at the bill! But if i don't kill it, what are my other choices? I can't even put my dog outside for a few seconds without standing on the porch hoping this dog doesn't pop up. But even aside from my anger, when school lets put, a ton of kids start walking down this street to get home. Now that he's had a negative experience with me, his human perception may have changed.

Im not against pit bulls. I used to have one. but i also know that an untrained pit bull can be a disaster and unfortunately people get them just because and never train them to control their curiousity and incredibly powerful jaw.

At first i was thinking of using my dogs cage to set some kind of trap, but now, im not so certain about going through all the work of capturing it, because i can already read my local enforcement "ok sir, we have someone on the way" and then two months later here i am still wondering when they'll come get em

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran

I really love dogs, but a threat is a damn threat, and to say it shouldn't have crossed his mind is ridiculous.

To the OP:

Stick some bud in a can of alpo. When he eats it he'll pass out shortly. My dog got a hold of a batch of brownies I'd made once, and he could barely walk for three days. Afterward, he was fine, but is now an incorrigible pothead. He'll try to find and devour any stash he can :biglaugh:

So you'll have no problems catching him and no one gets hurt or put in danger. :D

Maybe if you manage to drug/ trap him you can relocate him too far away to return.

Not sure how you would do that without dumping your problem on someone else but might be something to think about.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you were able to pull him right off your dog than he's not as wild as you think. Normally once they lock onto another animal you have to knock them out to get them loose.

I'm guessing he belongs to someone if he's hanging in the area. Someone has to be feeding him. Do you have a garage? You could lure him in with food and shut the door. You can do the same thing with a car. He obviously isn't aggressive towards humans or he'd have bitten someone by now.

If you want to catch him without hurting him, put some food in a bowl on the porch and let him eat. Then next time he comes back toss him some scaps until he trusts you. Also, check the paper and net for someone who may have lost a dog. Also, if he does run off, follow him and he may go to his home. They just may be so dumb they let him out to run....

Keyz

i do love dogs. just like i love people. and if a person attacked my son, Id be out for blood too.... befriending him is out. I think he was kind of in shock when i put him in the choke because i just ran up from the back and tossed him off. Had I not been working off pure reaction, there's no way i would have ran up to him without a pipe or something in my hand. I do like the knock em out and tie him up idea.... then i can muzzle him and tie his feet up and let my poor little dog get revenge

G

good drown

i also love dogs, but that fact its a
pit, and it attacked you dog once, and the city wont do anything, well i would have shot it.
if i were you, i'd probably call the local fox news, have them do a story on it

Towlie1

call one of your towns gov higher up 1 with kids would be good. state your case and offer to relocate the dog to his hood.

alaskan

Also consider making a snare... They're simple and effective, and you'll definitely hear the dog freaking out long enough once it's trapped to run out there and knock it senseless or tie it up...
http://www.wilderness-survival-expert.com/snare-trap.html
snaretop.jpg

There are tons of ways to make them, and they can be effective against wolves...

Status
Not open for further replies.