What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I just have to share this.

L

lordofthenugz

So i assume no one in here has gotten "high" for a long time now? im only 19 years old thinking about smoking for that long non stop is hard to conceive, even though i will be smoking forever anyways.

I don't know what you're talking about. I still get high every time I smoke, vape, or ingest. I'm not an "All day toker" though. I only smoke in the evenings a little sativa right after I get home and a little of Indica right before bed. Unless I'm fishing. Then I smoke all day.

L

lordofthenugz

March 14 1970, Tay Ninh RVN. Cambodian reefer is as good as if not better than Thai.

I had some Cambodian herb once they said came from Angkor Wat and was from the ancient gods put by the temples there. It was tasty and peppery and mildly hallucinogenic in peripheral vision. I have never had Thai that was confirmed truly Thai, but I'd sure like to try it.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Wait a minnute here

Wait a minnute here

You'll get no argument here about that. I had many friends went to Nam...I believe it's why the whole pot scare tactics of the nixon time was starting to be discounted by the troops who where coming back from nam knowing that pot was basically harmless and actually served a purpose to the troops who where bored to death or scared to death in moments of trials of personal introspection. I know many who served who came back with way worse habits than weed.I can dif what you say My friends told me of "Parklanes" I think it was where they sold packs of rolled canna cigs for 25 cents.:tiphat: Some friends did not come back...;o(

You saying I cause the war on drugs? OK, OK, I'll take credit for the reefer not the rest. :thank you:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Just the eagle flights.

Just the eagle flights.

Far out! I took my first toke in Cu Chi, RVN in May 0f '68. While I found the Cambodian very nice indeed, it was those Thai Sticks that I really loved. :blowbubbles: I was a helicopter crewmember also, Hank. :tiphat:

No puffin I was a 11 Bullet stopper Bro. Second hounds, my bad luck huh? :ying:

Today marks 44 years of smoking cannabis for me. :woohoo: Are there any other 40+ year veteran tokers out there? I'm sure there are. :tiphat: Pot Peace.
Had my first tokes in Fremont,Ca. in 1964. Bought the stuff in a wooden matchbox (about 1-1/2" long) off the streets in S.F. Haven't got over it yet!Did my first Dead concert a year later, the same night I saw the Stones in San Jose. Haven't got over that,yet,either! Life has been good this way.. upsidedown 'n backwards

Hey Puffin, Did the thai sticks in VinhLong on the Mekong in 69. Like a pop bottle rocket on a stick....same result except the bottle rocket was EXternal. Best smoke I ever knew.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had my first tokes in Fremont,Ca. in 1964. Bought the stuff in a wooden matchbox (about 1-1/2" long) off the streets in S.F. Haven't got over it yet!Did my first Dead concert a year later, the same night I saw the Stones in San Jose. Haven't got over that,yet,either! Life has been good this way.. upsidedown 'n backwards

You started tokin a few years before I did. In '64 I didnt even know what weed was. :tumbleweed:

You've got to be kidding me! I lived in Santa Clara then and I also went to that Stones concert, with my g/f at the time. Unreal how small the world can be sometimes. :blowbubbles: It was an awesome concert imo. I'll never forget it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started in 74 quit in 88 and started again in 2010. I had to quit the pot to get off the tobacco. They were inseparable, toke up and fire up a cig right after.

I became aware of the med thing here in cali and signed up. Did not even realize I could grow until after I had the recommendation for a while. Growing and smoking in moderation now, just the right pot for my mind or body at my fingertips. The good old days I had to settle for stuff that was sometimes not right for me or just plain shit. I never abused the weed back in the old days but did with the booze.

I started on Mex mersh and not all of it was shit. I got high as a kite many times off it but my tolerance was lower. Grew out some Panama Red from ACE and got taken back to Colombian Red, Yucatan and the other better sativas of the 70's.

Sabudda

36th year for me.
I remember back in 1981 toking with my girlfriends 71 year old grandma. This old lady is skinnin' up a joint, and i must have had a crazy/confused look on my face because she looks right at me and is like, "Don't think you invented it sonny-boy, i was doin' this before your parents were born..."
Zany times.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I started smoking in Germany 1968. Hash was all there was, black brown green and a sandy color. What great times. Went to London with a buddy on a 3 day pass, he was buying a Triumph 650 Bonneville, he paid 900 use and that included shipping to Cali. We smoked some hash in Hyde park in the evening. We were sitting there watching a Bobby on a bicycle lock the gates as he left the park locking us inside. We had to climb a fence and jump to the sidewalk, laughing our asses off the whole time. We turned around and there was a fruit seller with a push cart, damn those were the best Grapes I ever ate. Was a great 3 days in London, it was the heght of the mini skirts and we were loving it. Still smoking its been44 years damn time flies when your having fun.

NotaProfessor

Started around 1974 so it's been 38 years. My (older) brother was a hash fanatic and my first buzzes were with black hash, temple balls, and honey oil.

sutra1

I hear ya fella's. Started smoking in 1970. A friend and I rode our bikes to the record store to buy "All Things Must Pass" and a guy hanging outside sold us a lid. Got high as hell and never looked back. I was 12 y/o in 1970......................

Scrappy4

Veteran
I started in 69 with weed from Vietnam that a friends brother brought back with him. For ten years i toked up. Then I took a twenty year break due to drug testing, only to return to use cannabis as medicine about ten years ago. What a long strange trip it's been.......scrappy

More in the experimental phase with drugs here...lookin to get up yet remain in peace !!

56221.jpg

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Started smoking in '70. Had to take a break for 20+ years to finish my military career, but went right back to it once I retired. New streak is 11 years. :biggrin: