What's new

I just got busted in PA, never sold a single trichrome to anybody

mowood3479

Veteran
If u live in a conservative area or county then I would be very cautious about going to trial...there is no, he is a good guy lesser charge for the jury. it'll b guilty or not guilty. And counting on jury nullification in a conservative area is like hoping to,win the powerball.

Anyways either way, just get a good lawyer and follow their advice. They will have a better grasp of local politics and what not than any of us well meaning Internet forum frequenters

never take the plea bargain. it's better to take your chances with the jury. everytime you plea out the state gets a free win and the status stays quo.

mowood3479

Veteran
never take the plea bargain. it's better to take your chances with the jury. everytime you plea out the state gets a free win and the status stays quo.

This is the advice of someone who hasn't been in a cage.
I mean do what u want but if I get offered 30 days in jail and 5 years probation..
Over doing 3-5 if I get convicted.. I'm gonna take the deal.
U r under zero moral obligation to fight the "man" on this..
It's wouldn't even be a fair fight.. The man decides what info u can present in court... It's all their rules.
To say that u should never take a plea is beyond foolish and is the advice of someone who doesn't care about u but rather cares about changing the status quo.
It's ur life man.. U'll be the one locked in a cage day after day. It's not about changing shit or fighting the man. It's about getting the best possible outcome for u.
Get a good lawyer and follow their advice.. End of story.
Don't be a hero.

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
im just blown away that people are actually offering the legal advice of "never take the plea bargain".... Ya that strategy might work if literally every criminal defendant did it... Then perhaps the caseload would be too much and court system would come to a grinding halt.
It's an interesting premise but not realistic ....To tell someone to never take a plea and to go to trial when u don't know the specifics of the govts case is irresponsible and dangerous..
At least imho

budlover123

Thanks for all the advice, I agree that my case will do NOTHING to change the status quo anyway, PA will be one of the LAST states to change these laws, it's run by alcoholics, pharmaceutical companies, and the private prison industry. gonna do my time whatever it might be then get the fuck out.

mowood3479

Veteran
Thanks for all the advice, I agree that my case will do NOTHING to change the status quo anyway, PA will be one of the LAST states to change these laws, it's run by alcoholics, pharmaceutical companies, and the private prison industry

All very true... Just try to do the best u can for u.. Let the people who aren't looking at time in a cage be the advocates for change. U got bigger problems atm

St. Phatty

If u live in a conservative area or county then I would be very cautious about going to trial...there is no, he is a good guy lesser charge for the jury.

true, jury pools in such areas tend to be kind of stupid.

however, what is true about every one in that jury pool who has American parents or grandparents who used American health care in the period 1776 to 1937 ...

most of them used pot

because that was the primary feedstock available to pharmacists, along with opiates and cocaine-derived medications

IOW their grandparents used the same medication you are growing

prove that to them and maybe they'll stop being such idiots.

mowood3479

Veteran
I very much doubt a court is going to allow a person being charged with a grow crime to present any evidence on the health or medical benefits of cannabis. Typically they shut that shit down real quick.
It's not like in court u can bring up any point u want... It doesn't work that way. The law is the law and ur not allowed to challenge the validity of the law (u can appeal ur conviction (post conviction) and hope an appeals court feels like hearing ur case (which they are under no obligation to do so)... Most appeals wither and die without ever being heard before a court

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you never really win ,,you just remain free....hope ya got some cash saved...pa is the state that got chong busted....yeehaw..I used to live there in the steel days..

the gnome

Veteran
This is the advice of someone who hasn't been in a cage.
To say that u should never take a plea is beyond foolish

U'll be the one locked in a cage day after day.
It's about getting the best possible outcome for u.

Don't be a hero.

:yeahthats

budlover123

I've been working retail everyday since black friday and all I want to do on my day off is smoke a bowl of some of the stuff I've been carefully growing for half the year, but I can't even get a bag considering I don't want anything "illegal" in my system, the only thing I can do to make myself feel better is to start making my escape plan. I want to stay near PA because that is where me and my girlfriends family is at, anybody got good info on states with medical laws near PA that would allow me to grow 4 flowering and 4 vegging plants within the law? I could do 3 plants in each phase if I had to. Thanks in advance :tiphat:

mowood3479

Veteran
Get high as much as you want... They can't drug test you until ur on probation which is a ways away.
Unless u have specific pre trial conditions not to use drugs I'd enjoy getting high while u still can..
U were caught growing weed... I think it'd look worse if u don't have weed in ur system.

budlover123

you might be right, but that's far to logical a way to look at it IMO, I don't want that in my system at all because i'm playing their little bullshit scenario where they saved me from the ravages of the Marijuana

There exists no real evidence that I ever sold anything besides old electronics on ebay because i never did, I'm not worried about that.

It's looking like I'll be another Colorado Cannabis refugee

mowood3479

Veteran
Up to u man.. I'm just saying as soon as they get u on paper (probation or parole) (smoking herb)will no longer be up to u.. Other freedoms that are taken while on probation; the right to refuse a search of ur car or home, the right to move to another state or country, the right to visit another state (without getting permission from ur po). There are a few more but I can't remember them all its been a long time since I've been on paper