What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I heard 17 seed and growshops were shut down in Amsterdam??? anyone have info?

N

Neptune

^^^

Is this true?

My friend who is in the 'dam currently said he could not locate GN's Seed Botique, ans when asking around heard many shops were closed by the authorities? What is the deal?

This is all a rumor I recieved via email from a friend who is there right now. Until verified, it's not true.

anyone??

Mampi

dewd I talked to dutchgrown a few days ago and told her I was gonna be in the vacinty and she told me to come on through.... I am guessing if they were shut or shut down we would've heard independent reports of that not to mention varifaction from GN/DG/OP by now.... we did last time the shit hit the fan eh!? :rolleyes::chin:

report anything else ya hear all the same bro.... :yes:

I did hear that there were a shitload of shops that were due to close but thought these were more coffeshops than head/seed stores...

Last edited:

l_d_d

tell him its easy to find to go to the Anne Frank house and Im pretty positive its on the same side of the street just a couple blocks down singel walking away from the train station. big ass yellow front, dont bang on that door though, lol.... go around to the right for the real door.cant miss it though easy to find jus tell him the address hard to believe he cant find it....

That does sound shitty, I would imagine some kind of announcement though if SB has any truth to do in these rumors.

btw, from my experience, ya cant ask people cause I tried that and nobody in Adam seemed to know what the hell SB was, but its there.

Last edited:

somoz

Veteran
streetwise!

streetwise!

sounds like your mate needs to pick up a streetwise or a free map at the tourist office.....it may prove a bit more useful and discreet than askin the locals where the seed shops are.....haha.......and who knows.....maybe he'll actually find one

somoz

G

Better, Download the coffeshop map to your cell and people will think you are texting when you are checking your map location!
Peace
MOD

coffeeshop map
http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

This will help you get around without looking like your stoned and lost, now you will only look stoned:)
ps Seedboutique is 107 single across from the Grey Area.
seedboutique map.
larger map

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
were where we've always been and still selling seeds

Gypsy Nirvana's
Seed Boutique
163 Singel

right accross from the Grey area (ask and the'll point you in our direction)
and I've heard nothing about 17 shops being closed
tell your friend to drop by were open from 11 am - 7 pm

OP

Neptune said:
^^^

Is this true?

My friend who is in the 'dam currently said he could not locate GN's Seed Botique, ans when asking around heard many shops were closed by the authorities? What is the deal?

This is all a rumor I recieved via email from a friend who is there right now. Until verified, it's not true.

anyone??

allorganic

The shops that were closed were growshops in Rotterdam. One 16 May the police visited/raided all 31 growshops in Rotterdam. Three were closed on the spot and another 16 were told that the police would be in touch with them. In July the 16 shops received a letter saying to go to the city hall and when they got there they were asked for their name and address and shop name and were told that the information was going to be sent to the mayor.
A few weeks later 6 of the shops were closed for 6 months and another 5 shops were closed for 12 months.

The shops that were closed were either selling clones, illegal pesticides or hash or weed out of the back room or were growing large quantities on plants in the building. The also confiscated growbooks and Canna products that had photos of buds on the labels.

The goverment here, or at least in Rotterdam wants to close 75% of the growshops there in the next few years by closing the shops that are breaking other laws.

I read that they also intend to enforce the existing law that says that a growshop cannot sell seeds.

C

Chamba

fascist Nazis haven't gone away......they've only changed their target from Jews to ganja...

meanwhile ....while 50 police were wasting tax payer's dollars and man-hours busting grow shops in Rotterdam......how many drunk drivers hit and ran? ...how many child molesters took away some little girl's innocence? ...how many weak hearted cowards bashed their woman?......how many smackheads robbed some poor old lady's purse?...how many white collar scum bags fiddled the books and robbed their own companys?.....etc etc

i wonder how any of those 50 Rotterdam cops would feel if one of their kids or mother was the victim of any of the above crimes..I wonder if they would still be high fiveing each other for a job well done.

as history has proven time and time again....the harder they crack down on pot, the more those same cops or their superiors are on the take from the gangsters or smugglers.......

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Chamba said:
fascist Nazis haven't gone away......they've only changed their target from Jews to ganja...

meanwhile ....while 50 police were wasting tax payer's dollars and man-hours busting grow shops in Rotterdam......how many drunk drivers hit and ran? ...how many child molesters took away some little girl's innocence? ...how many weak hearted cowards bashed their woman?......how many smackheads robbed some poor old lady's purse?...how many white collar scum bags fiddled the books and robbed their own companys?.....etc etc

i wonder how any of those 50 Rotterdam cops would feel if one of their kids or mother was the victim of any of the above crimes..I wonder if they would still be high fiveing each other for a job well done.

as history has proven time and time again....the harder they crack down on pot, the more those same cops or their superiors are on the take from the gangsters or smugglers.......

Gotta agree with you on this one. I was working on a house in the nasty part of Detroit when I was approached by 7 cops who all thought that I was stealing the siding for money. What a joke! While they were harassing me, I over heard the dispatch on their radio talking about a known pedophile lurking around a school. They just kind of brushed it off and sent one guy to go check it out while they verified my contract to work on the home. Dirty pigs anyhow.

And oh yeah - that crack dealer down the street from me has been operating across from a school for almost 3 years now. Yet I hear of people getting popped for pot every day.

They really need to just come out and say why they are so against it. Rather than using all of this bullshit propaganda to warp a society that is more than 60% in favor of tax and regulation of pot. Just doesn't make any sense.

Best wishes all.

allorganic

I don't like the trend any more than you do but not to stick up for the cops or anything but this country has more than enough police to spare a couple dozen for a day without having any impact on how many drunk drivers or caught or wifebeaters are arrested.

The cops who do the alcohol controls are not the same ones who went to the growshops. If they didn't go out to the shops that day they would either be just sitting in the cop shop reading the paper or out trying to arrest growers.

It's not necassarily a bad thing if they shut down a couple shops who are selling poisonous chemicals intended for use on weed that we may unwittingly smoke. I don't like the idea that they have a target for how many shops they want to close there. As long as the other 20 don't sell illegal pesticides, grow huge crops in their back room or get caught with 16kg of hash, I think they should be able to stay open as long as they want.

C

Chamba

allorganic - do you know which insecticides are illegal in Holland?..are these DDT based miticides?

C

Chamba

what bud buyers need is an instant test to detect harmful levels of ferts, pesticides and chemicals

not that I really care....as I grow my own..actually, I look at all other bud with suspicion.....

but it would be beneficial for med patients and those concerned about inhaling or ingesting poisons!

Last edited:
N

Neptune

thanks for the followups allorganic, I thought something was happening over there.. but I am from across the sea so I don't know.

The people that told my buddy that GN was closed were none other than The Sensi Seed Company. They just wanted to sell their seed to my friend, and discourage him from looking for GN's Seedboo... this was at the hemp museum.

respect

G

AVID is hard to find in Holland if you don't have the right pesticide license. Also some fungicides that aren't approved for food crops.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Neptune said:
The people that told my buddy that GN was closed were none other than The Sensi Seed Company. They just wanted to sell their seed to my friend, and discourage him from looking for GN's Seedboo... this was at the hemp museum.

Lying swines, and to think theyve got the nerve to do that while being a sponsor with a big banner at this site....cheeky sods.

G

Shipperke said:
AVID is hard to find in Holland if you don't have the right pesticide license. Also some fungicides that aren't approved for food crops.
Avid is hard to get anywhere, and expensive. But it works, like a dream. Next time I need to buy any miticide (prolly never since I got sooo much avid left - you only need 1/4 per gallon water) I will buy Floramite, since it has both miticide and ovacide in one.

I dont use in flowering, just on the ones vegging.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
heh, when i went to Sensi, one of the guys who works at the Hash Museum told me to participate on the Sensi forums and post some pics of my crop up. I asked him what his handle was on there...he paused...then gave me a name. There was no user by that name on the forums. He straight up lied to me! Let's see how my Hindu Kush (Seedboo) and Jamaican Pearl (from the Sensi store next to the hash museum) do. If they're crappy, I'm done with Sensi.

Latest posts

Latest posts