What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have some new genes to work with.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ lotus-
As long as you don't mess with tap root, transplanting from those cups to larger container, it won't hamper. We do it all the time.

You can transplant to larger vessel during growth or bud stage as long as you are careful and root system (root ball) is not compromised.

lotus710

@ lotus-
As long as you don't mess with tap root, transplanting from those cups to larger container, it won't hamper. We do it all the time.

You can transplant to larger vessel during growth or bud stage as long as you are careful and root system (root ball) is not compromised.

oh really? ive always been told to plant right into the final pot. thats good to know:)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how you feel about transplanting those autos? i heard it fucks with em

Nah, that's horseshit. I transplanted and they still grew overnight. You have to time it right though. Transplant them right before they show show or right when you first see female pre-flowers. I had the luxury of using all feminized seeds this time. I usually don't.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I only transplant once. Awhile ago, I did tests to see if transplanting to bigger pots during flowering helps but it seemed to decrease yield for me. I put them in there final home at first transplant. I also don't want to do more work than is necessary. Several of these had roots spinning the bottoms of the cups. I had to carefully pull them apart so they are hanging.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the 12 I transplanted last night. The others are the smaller ones that I'm hoping I can hold transplanting for a week. Third picture is why I want to wait a week on transplanting the smaller plants. These are the remainder of the plant that I would like to let grow for another week to add a little more weight.

But. If I see any preflowers on the smaller plants these will get chopped and the smaller ladies will get transplanted. The 12 from last night will go into the bigger box. The smaller ones will go into the smaller box.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of the buds from the gross looking plants in the third picture. Looks can be deceiving. I always try to get all the nutrients out of the soil so my buds will taste delicious and burn the way it's supposed to. Too many times, my friends get great dank smelling weed but it burns like shit. Many some people don't take the time to clear the soil of the leftover nutes. I've learned that cutting six of the major fans leaves off about two weeks from harvest helps with this process.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First four pictures are of some of the plants that are hanging to dry. I leave the leaves when drying.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finished product. I also have twenty sprouts of SGS's Pink Bud x Canned Abyss' Spyder. These will stay in 16oz cups and be grown in my micro cabinet under two 125w fluoros.

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Transplanting is done. Ran out of two gallon pots in the smaller box so I put the bigger plants in 1 gallon pots to try to keep each plant to a similar size. I had to top two of the Blue Kush's because they were growing too fast. Got 9 more cups waiting for the sprouts to pop their heads. Spyder x Pink Bud.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty sure I saw some fungus gnats the last night I posted pictures. Been spraying the plants with Bug Buster II. Just sprayed them for the last time tonight. I don't like spraying plants with pesticides once the pistils start forming.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look great, Smokey. Agree....spraying is not optimal. Hate those buggers.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Might be switching the plant in the bottom right corner of this picture with a smaller plant in the bigger box. The plant in the bottom right corner is a toof decay. The smaller one is a diesel berry and all three diesel berries are staying small in stature.
picture.php

The smaller diesel berry is the third one on the bottom row. It's already getting overtaken by some of the taller plants.
picture.php

picture.php

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not liking what I'm seeing from Sweet seeds. This is the third time I've tried one of their autos and there has never been any branching. I would not recommend buying any of their auto strains. I have had great results with their photo period strains though. The devil creams are just big tall bud sticks. No branching whatsoever. You should be able to find the devil cream right away in the first picture.

Plants in this picture are all about 2' tall.
picture.php

Almost all the plants in these two pictures are 3' tall. There's one that might be around 2.5' and the two in the back corners are over 3'.
picture.php

picture.php

Here we have three of the smaller phenos of the bunch. I had to put them in my "mother" box. Luckily I don't have of mother I'm keeping around at the moment. There's a 200w Feliz light in here and a 24" fluoro tube on the side wall.
picture.php

Here's the purple strains. They're all female plants left now. They will be getting transplanted into 5x5x5 square pots once I think the taproot has hit bottom. I have to keep these short because I only have 24" of room for growth in this box.
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not liking what I'm seeing from Sweet seeds. This is the third time I've tried one of their autos and there has never been any branching. I would not recommend buying any of their auto strains.
Have to agree with you, Smokey. I've tried numerous strains and liked them of Sweet Seeds.

Devil XL, was just a medium sized plant. However.....the last 3-4 strains didn't impress me- 'bud on a stick', the colored strains, lackluster, mediocre potency.

Your others look great!!