What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have harvest questions.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So I just now noticed just a few spider mites on a few fan the leaves which I removed and put down the sink disposal. I looked with a magnifying glass at the flowers and didn't see any 🕷 mites on the flowers yet.

I was gonna harvest within the next 4-6 or so days when I do, should I quickly rinse off the flowers before hanging to dry? Or just look with the magnifying glass to make sure there's no mites on there and then hang to dry?

I was gonna do a good trim of the fan leaf trim And Inspect with a magnifying glass for any remaining mites on the flower.
Then I was gonna wipe down of the walls and the floor with antibacterial stuff before I move the other ladies in there to start blooming.

All opinions and ideas welcome.

20231203_125833.jpg

Ca++

It's nice to toast a room following a borg attack. You can get their life cycle moving fast with heat. Make sure there is nothing to live on for them, and they should hatch in a few days, and be dead soon after.

If you are going to wash your weed, use a wetting agent. It drowns them. It's the best control I have found. People talk of insecticidal soap, which could suit the room cleaning job, if you have kit to get in the bath.

They don't drown in the rain, as their air hole is so small, the waters surface tension won't let it in. The soap/wetting agent breaks the tension. However, eggs don't breathe. Gotta hatch and kill them. Or use something a little more lasting, like insecticide.

If you have Jeyes fluid, it kills anything. It's often used as a greenhouse wash, and stinks of hospitals. It's obviously good at cleaning kit, but not plants.

I'm glad you made it through. The pics look tasty.