What's new

I have a question to ROOR users

Datruog

Is it better to get a 14.5 sized joint or an 18.8?

What are the differences? Is the smoke more concentrated in a 14.5?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
14.5 is better for bubble hits and 18,8 is better for smoking bowls of herb. 18.8 is also better if you are going to add a 2nd water filter ie. ashcatcher

Datruog

trichomefarmer said:
14.5 is better for bubble hits and 18,8 is better for smoking bowls of herb. 18.8 is also better if you are going to add a 2nd water filter ie. ashcatcher

What are bubble hits? I only intend to smoke weed with it....

Does the 14.5 hit slower or something?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
bubble hits bubble hash... water hash made with bubblebags that bubbles when lit.

what i normallly smoke in my roor.

Datruog

I very very rarely smoke hash. So I guess im gonna get the 18.8.

Also, do you know if beaker bottom roors or classic cylinder roors have a difference in how good they hit?

I kind of want a cylinder more than a beaker but a few people told me that beakers hit better.

Last edited:
G

I think that all the roor's hit great and what TFarmer said is right on. I would go with 18 joints with a beaker bottom for stability and the extra water/ice. I need to buy a new 1 myself ex took our baby :badday: Yep miss the glass more.. Anyone know which model is the best AKA 1/2/3 chamber, I always had single, with ash catcher. :wave:

Datruog

I have a couple more questions to you guys who are knowledgeable about ROORs. :bongsmi:

1. Is it true that the German diffusers are a lot better than the U.S. made ones?
If so, where can I get a German diffuser in the U.S.?

2. What exactly is a bistable joint and is it worth getting?
Are there any shops that carry ROORs with bistable joints or is it by order only?

3. Overall are U.S. ROORs pretty good or are they shitty compared to their German counterparts?
I have a shop near me that sells U.S. ROORs and they look great but I have never hit a German one....

:confused:

Last edited:

sMack-CFS!

ok..

1. Yeah, they are.. they have way more holes, and just look cooler. No, you probably wont be able to find one in the US.

2. A bistable joint is just a joint with 2 or 3 times the amount of glass that a normal joint would have, making it much tougher, since thats one of the weakest spots on the bong.. easiest to break, hardest (usually impossible) to repair.

3. US and German RooRs are gonna be pretty much identical as far as quality goes. Ive heard of the lables on the US ones being crooked sometimes, but other than that there isnt much of a difference.

and it depends what kinda bong you have to determine what joint size to use. Personally, I think anything up to 18" should be 14.4, aside from like an 18" beaker. I mean its not gonna hurt to have the larger downstem, but its also not really gonna make much of a difference. But if you have a big tube, an 18.8 stem is a must.

and check out www.everyonedoesit.com . They have some sexy ass custom roors, for pretty much what theyd cost to buy a custom one from teh factory, except without the wait.

G35DarkO1E

west coast has some nice glass diffs from roor usa. i live over here and can say my phx shit is better but yeah roor germany difs are nice. go wit the 18. the 14 hits like a bitch ass pipe. most the time they have small water capacity ie whack hits. i know i got my 18.8 trinity and my 14.4 icemaster right here.

sMack-CFS!

yea dude but it aint gonna make a difference unless u have a lot of smoke volume in your tube.

like for an 18" straight tube, a 14.4 is fine.

XxJ03YxX

I had a straight tube with 14.5 and it hit pretty clean.

A friend of mine had a beaker with 14.5 and it hit good as well.

Good luck man.

G

hey all does anyone have a PHX trinity or duo.. Is there a difference in how it hits compared to a Roor straight tube. I can't see spending 300 or so on glass :yoinks: but I do need a good piece. :wave:

THC4SIM

RooR...

RooR...

I got one with 18.8 and i find the beaker style better,
i sold my other RooR icemaster to someone in the US with a German diffuser..... here's a pic of my current RooR Little Sista 7mm, she hits real nice!!

THC4SIM

G

she looks like mine ahh man roors hit fucking good clean ass hell hit'

G35DarkO1E

my roor sucks dick compared to my trinity ae. why the straigh tube trinity has no drag. the beaker does tho . i have both i should know. i love my smooth hits. if u have pussy lungs thats u.

Last edited: