What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have a question about blooming food.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have been using Medina Hasta gro plant 6-12-6 to bloom my plants. I think I'm not feeding enough each time I water. Ive also been feeding cal.mag. Also I feel like I should trim some of the yellowing leaves.
Your thoughts are welcome.
20231211_194603.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
By the looks of the leaves in the top photo that are clawing, I would say you are adding too much fertilizer. Water always follows salt and if there is more salt in the soil than the plant the water will be sucked out of the plant causing clawing. Do a pour thur and catch some of the runoff and test it and see what the EC is.

Old Uncle Ben

I have been using Medina Hasta gro plant 6-12-6 to bloom my plants. I think I'm not feeding enough each time I water. Ive also been feeding cal.mag. Also I feel like I should trim some of the yellowing leaves.
Your thoughts are welcome. View attachment 18931482

The Bloom food is your problem. Get off that chit and give them a balanced NPK with micros. A 9-3-6 would be good. See the thread in this section about "when do I feed P/K?" Highly recommend you read my posts in that thread. https://www.icmag.com/threads/when-do-you-p-k-boost.18129077/page-5

Uncle Ben

FletchF.Fletch

420club
So for reference sake, I mixed up a gallon of Hasta-Gro at their recommended mixing rate of 1oz or 2 T (6 tsp) per gallon. Starting water EC for me is 0.3 ; Once mixed the EC was 3.1.

Their mixing rate is too strong for frequent use. How often are you using plain water between feedings?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Just go plain water for the next few times. When it is thirsty, water to runoff and check to see how dark the drained through water is. If it looks like tea, you're fine to let it ride without trying to rinse away some of the extra nutes. If the runoff looks more like coffee, you may want to water extra until the drained waste water is less concentrated. You can flush out some of the excess by watering to runoff and removing the water in the tray.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I stopped any new to while back. I know where she is today.😔😔😔 still salvageable?
I saw the soil still wet from the last time. I have to wait till it dries out a whole bunch before I water it again. And at some point I should reintroduce the blooming food in
small dosages.
20231224_102946.jpg
20231224_095559.jpg

Redrum92

Not a hydro guy so I can't contribute much, but I will say that the bud still looks great. You can have some pretty rough looking leaf put out some great bud.

Redrum92

This is in soil 3 gallons.
Apologies! Misunderstood the original post. A good soil doesn't need anything other than water. That may have been part of your issue? Dialing in soil is super tough. I personally use Fox Farms Ocean Forest for mature plants (Happy Frog for seedling/early veg) and only use a little CalMag in my water because I use RO, no NPK necessary.

I agree with the above, that just plain water may be best (assuming it has good pH and calcium content) or distilled+CalMag

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
For this one I definitely think I over fertalized way too early on in flowering. And yes a week ago i stopped bloom food and have been giving only plain water when the soil is dry.

Ca++

Your feed is high N and P, with low K. That's not for flowering. N antagonises K. As does Ca and Mg, and calmag is N Ca Mg. When you think about the areas of the leaf that show K problems, the distribution is striking. I don't see burning, but it still remains interesting. With what looks like a mobile deficiency, starting between the veins.

Old Uncle Ben

I stopped any new to while back. I know where she is today.😔😔😔 still salvageable?
I saw the soil still wet from the last time. I have to wait till it dries out a whole bunch before I water it again. And at some point I should reintroduce the blooming food in
small dosages. View attachment 18937494 View attachment 18937495

Never let it dry out and once again get off the bloom foods!

Those leaves are trashed and so goes your production.

Latest posts

Latest posts