What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I hate the US healthcare system

brown_thumb

RONBO51... I agree with much of what you wrote regarding Government and Corporate corruption.

But on one point, I'll remind you of a couple of things. We older folks paid for our younger's upbringing and we all paid for your K-12 education and much of others' college students educations. I'll remind you of something else... you one day may be ill or hurt in such a way you can no longer work. It happens to many of us. I hope you don't suffer that fate but you'll certainly become old one day and when that happens, I hope you don't need the help of others because if they think like you do, you will not survive long.

ronbo51

Veteran
RONBO51... I agree with much of what you wrote regarding Government and Corporate corruption.

But on one point, I'll remind you of a couple of things. We older folks paid for our younger's upbringing and we all paid for your K-12 education and much of others' college students educations. I'll remind you of something else... you one day may be ill or hurt in such a way you can no longer work. It happens to many of us. I hope you don't suffer that fate but you'll certainly become old one day and when that happens, I hope you don't need the help of others because if they think like you do, you will not survive long.

I find this remark grossly unfair. Think like me? How do I think? I will not survive long? Unless what? I think like you?

You didn't pay for any of those things like school. That money was borrowed with absolutely no intention of paying it back. Where do you think 20 trillion of Debt came from? 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities?

And as for being old and needing help really I want to just say eff u but I won't. I watched over my parents for 20 years, and brought them into my house to die with dignity and around family. I built an addition on to my last house to tend my mother in law and she too died in my home with family present. And my children were there and got to see how it's done.

If you had read previous posts you would have seen that I advocate for Health Savings Accounts and Catastrophic insurance. That fixes about 90% of all problems. But that's why O'care made Cat insurance illegal.

brown_thumb

I find this remark grossly unfair. Think like me? How do I think? I will not survive long? Unless what? I think like you?

You didn't pay for any of those things like school. That money was borrowed with absolutely no intention of paying it back. Where do you think 20 trillion of Debt came from? 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities?

And as for being old and needing help really I want to just say eff u but I won't. I watched over my parents for 20 years, and brought them into my house to die with dignity and around family. I built an addition on to my last house to tend my mother in law and she too died in my home with family present. And my children were there and got to see how it's done.

If you had read previous posts you would have seen that I advocate for Health Savings Accounts and Catastrophic insurance. That fixes about 90% of all problems. But that's why O'care made Cat insurance illegal.

I DID pay with my taxes for your schooling. We ALL did. You young ones seem to have short (or selective) memories. Or, perhaps, you're simply ungrateful for what your elders provided you.

You say 'fuck you' (to me) because I'm old and sick? Really? I paid into the system from age 16 to 51 and that was after working 15 years after acquiring Parkinson's. After that, I decimated my 401K and sold everything I had before asking for help. I've lost EVERYTHING per MY CHOICE to avoid being a sponge to others.

I should have been a multimillionaire when I retired but illness took that away. YOUR PLANS can can go awry just like mine did. YOU ARE NOT SUPERMAN!!

I took care of my elderly mother for eleven years. So don't spew your self-righteous BS at me.

Last edited:

Yodaweed

Our healthcare system is screwed, has anybody seen how many ear marks are in obama care? that bill got the train run on it by every single congressman and senator , such a crooked system , fuck politics.

gekolite

brainwashed

brainwashed

Yeah, because Government has such a great record running shit. The only reason we have such crony capitalism is because Government is big and strong enough to entice, or force. Big Pharma, big ag, MIC, big EDU, on and on, they all exist due to Government. Walmart harvests EBT, Boeing builds military planes, corn into ethanol, Medicare buys drugs, a trillion in government guaranteed student debt. Why on earth do any of you think that Government won't totally fuck this up? I mean, they got caught red handed watching veterans die in VA hospitals, and of course everyone had to apologize and act like they cared, but then everyone moved on and nothing has changed.

Insurance companies all died in September 2008. They were bailed out. O'care was supposed to feed them an income stream. Young people in good health, as well as older healthier folks like me pay the fine, not wanting to participate. In order to keep the Governments around the world solvent due to exponential debt, interest rates had to be lowered to zero. Insurance companies need to make more than zero to survive. Insurance companies are all insolvent, but operate due to the ability to borrow at near zero and buy back their stock and keep the stock price from crashing. If you build a medical system around insurance and/or Government it will fail, as we see pretty much now. If you quit propping up shit that should/will fail there is at least a fighting chance that the system could rebalance around cash, and individuals ability to pay, which is what went on before Mecicare came on the scene in 1965 and ushered in the era of Third Party Payer.
If you think the health insurance companies are insolvent and are buying their sock with borrowed money I have a bridge to sell you The major health insurance companies stocks have increased by 300% or more since the afca , this is due to correct management with the afca and the huge market not related to the afca .

brown_thumb

If you think the health insurance companies are insolvent and are buying their sock with borrowed money I have a bridge to sell you The major health insurance companies stocks have increased by 300% or more since the afca , this is due to correct management with the afca and the huge market not related to the afca .

!!! RIGHT regarding USA insurance agencies and pharmas and corrupt politicians!!!

But what is AFCA?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^
True. Any insurance seems needless until an auto accident, serious illness w/ surgery or diagnostics is needed, or possessions are stolen, swept away in flood or fire....THEN you are glad to have insurance.

AFCA....maybe affordable care act? Not sure.

pANicModE

2 years in a row i tried to get it and they said not eligible ;) gave me an exempt code for when i do my taxes so i dont get a fine for not having it. fuck obama

geneva_sativa

I want that code,

I paid the penalty for being healthy last year, don't really wanna pay 900 or so they raised it to this year.

ronbo51

Veteran
I DID pay with my taxes for your schooling. We ALL did. You young ones seem to have short (or selective) memories. Or, perhaps, you're simply ungrateful for what your elders provided you.

You say 'fuck you' (to me) because I'm old and sick? Really?

No, I said that because you attacked me and claimed things that you have no idea about. You either won't read, or can't read. I offered solutions and you offer personal attacks and now claim you have been wronged. All you had to do was give us your grand ideas and we could talk about them, but instead you do what losers usually do, go personal. I'm out. I guess this is why threads like this are doomed.

MTNMEN

The only ones in america who really need healthcare are rufugees right obummer?
When i read the orig post it almost brought me to tears............what a joke!

Attachments

• brrack.jpg
    brrack.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 16

MTNMEN

folks with no health care go to the emergency room, then (frequently) do not pay the bill, making the rest of us pay for them. the USA is the sole remaining industrialized country without single payer (read-govt supplied) health care in the entire world. i'm sure that EVERYONE that does not pay their bills prefer that others do it for them... who wouldn't ??? if everyone paid their own damn way, Obamacare would not exist.

Last time i went into my ER it was full of refugees!
MERIKA!

I was talkin to my folks earlier they pay 550 a month and I guess since they didnt know how much my dad was going to make during the cancer treatment it was misreported and they are making them pay an 8k penalty or 700 a month extra which if you dont pay it they revoke the insurance completely until the end of the next year. Fun stuff. They say the same thing many others have said in this thread in regards to coverage going to shit.

Green Squall

I've been seeing a lot of "Urgent Health Care" clinic's popping up the last couple years. They are usually located in a strip mall type place. Anyone know what the deal is with them? How are they different than the ER?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cheapest one avaliable to me in 2017...$226.19 a month, $7150 deductible.

I can't believe I'm strong-armed into paying for this bullshit by the US government. I don't drink or use tobacco. I exercise regularly and I haven't been to the doctor in 5 years. What a fucking crock. I've had to pay for this shit every year since it went into effect and I've never used it once.

Not bad! My Wife and I $871 an change per month and Each of us has a $20,000.00 ( twenty thousand dollars deductible ) I was victimized by failed open heart surgery in 2005 and today have a variety of bad things happening .While it sure does suck, I'm grateful that we can weather this for the time being but if it gets much worse, wow I don't know what else to say then without writing a book size response and to be honest I'd rather load a few True OG bowl(s)

Sound advice from a friend of mines father who was a plastic surgeon 'DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO REMAIN AS HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE AND AVOID THOSE PEOPLE IN THE HOSPITALS"

X

xavier7995

I've been seeing a lot of "Urgent Health Care" clinic's popping up the last couple years. They are usually located in a strip mall type place. Anyone know what the deal is with them? How are they different than the ER?

They are pretty helpful and the quality of care is decent. They fill the gap between a regular dr. And the ER. A serious injury or something, go to the ER, that is where urgent care will direct you anyway as they don't have the resources to treat serious things. Let's say you have a high fever and keep puking but it's a week to get in to see your primary care dr., that's when urgent care shines. Stuff that isn't life threatening but that really can't wait. They are significantly cheaper than the ER as they don't have the same sort of overhead.