What's new

I GOT RAIDED!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Cannasuer - you mentioned having an mmj license, which had been expired for 1.5 months. Was that why they raided?? If so, they must be watching those licenses like vultures, just waiting for someone to slip up! So LEO had been watching licenses, then began taking action right after your license expired - right?

Sorry for all that happened to you, and here's hoping that the DA forgets, their case expires and goes away.

The Ca Supreme Court already decided that a Recommendation does not expire--
Here is the Appellate document I took the quote from--
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=...ases/b196483.pdf+People+v.+Windus&hl=en&gl=us

The Attorney General’s principal argument is that Dr. Eidleman did not
recommend prior to appellant’s arrest in December 2004 that a specific amount of
marijuana was necessary to meet appellant’s medical needs. He points out Dr. Eidleman
did not see appellant from September 2001 until November 2005, approximately 11
months after appellant’s arrest. He contends that the doctor advised appellant, in 2001, to
come in for yearly reevaluations. Thus, because Dr. Eidleman’s recommendation was
more than three years old, it “had clearly expired.” The Attorney General argues “it was
only at the hearing in January 2006 that the doctor testified appellant’s condition
appropriately called for possession of three to six pounds. Thus, appellant did not present
any evidence regarding the amount of marijuana he required to satisfy his medical need
in December 2004, when he was arrested.” (Citation omitted.) We disagree with the Attorney General’s analysis.
Based on our examination of the CUA, we see nothing in the statute that requires a
patient to periodically renew a doctor’s recommendation regarding medical marijuana
use. The statute does not provide, as the Attorney General asserts, that a
recommendation “expires” after a certain period of time. As for Dr. Eidleman’s
suggestion that appellant see him annually, there was no evidence appellant’s failure to
do so invalidated the doctor’s medical marijuana recommendation.
Moreover, the
evidence appellant presented was sufficient to present to the jury the question whether the
marijuana he possessed was for his personal medical needs.
Hope this helps you with your case--

it was once said by a man that "The sound of a Mossberg 500 being pumped is the most intimidating sound in the world" he he.

firm believer in firearms and firearms saftey.

yes i know guns can tack on more charges if busted but...most of us are illegally growing MJ anyway so why not have a firearm to protect yourself in case of emergency.

as stated above "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

get yourself a taurus judge "public defender" model and you got all the close range firepower and versatillity you need to defend your grow from crooks.....now defending from cops get a 90 round betta mag for some type of .223 rifle.

but never a good idea to blast it out with the cops 99.9% of the time you WILL LOSE THE BATTLE AND WAR.

another good gun for defending the grow OP is a "saiga 12" it is an AK-47 variant that shoots 12 gugage shotgun shells fed with either a 5, 7, 12, or 15 shot detachable box magazine (clip). Russian American Arms (RAA) makes one brand new for 550 bucks and sports a 20" barrel and comes with a 5 shot magazine, and like said befroe you could get a 15 shot for it too if you want. not a bad buy for under 600 bucks

Last edited:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
The Ca Supreme Court already decided that a Recommendation does not expire--
Here is the Appellate document I took the quote from--
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=...ases/b196483.pdf+People+v.+Windus&hl=en&gl=us

Hope this helps you with your case--

Damn good post! I also believe that possesion of firearms is only illegal if used in the commission of a felony, since many of us have 215 cards, and are therefore committing no crime, I would take that to mean I can own guns.

I live in the country, and FAR away from the Sheriffs office. They would take at least 30 minutes to get to my place, so I see guns as a necessity here. Any thoughts on this?

79towncar

Damn good post! I also believe that possesion of firearms is only illegal if used in the commission of a felony, since many of us have 215 cards, and are therefore committing no crime, I would take that to mean I can own guns.

I live in the country, and FAR away from the Sheriffs office. They would take at least 30 minutes to get to my place, so I see guns as a necessity here. Any thoughts on this?

Yes I agree with you.. I think every citizen should get a permit to carry or a permit to own a firearm.. I also think everybody should join the NRA and make sure our gun rights stay put.. If you have a 215 card then you are not commiting a crime.. Therefore I would say it's safe to own a gun.. I would just make sure they were stored properly and not laying around.. I would make sure to own a gun safe and always have everything locked in there.. Except of corse your daily carry pistol and a rifle/shotgun with spare ammo/shells..

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Any word on how they obtained the information to bust you with?
My first thought is they might go through the License records and select those that lapse. They probably have realized that most won't discontinue growing without the license so any evidence would be held against them without that legal protection.

whodi

Veteran
don't they have to take pictures for evidence, and doesn't a plant have to have roots before its considered a plant? If so, then how could they possibly present this in court as 90 plants or whatever..

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if it gets dropped. it still blows that they took all your shit and now your plants are dead. so then, they wasted tax payers money and it was all for nothing. they can eat shit and die.

Cannasuer

its been a while since I posted but seeing as I'm out on bail and have an open felony case I can't grow right now so theres ni real reason for me to post not to mention its depressing as fuck to look at and talk about plants when all I wanna do is get my garden going again I really miss it I don't feel right unless I've got something growing you know?
But neways I just wanted to thank every1 that left their well wishes and to give you an update.

There is an informant I don't know who and Im also still not clear on what exactly constitutes an informant,could it mean a neighbor a utility worker or what what I do know is my PD is filing a motion to unseal that info so il find out. They offered me six months in LA county jail 3 years probation and a felony on my record! Some fuckin deal huh? I said no obviously fuck the DA, if I go to trial and lose il get 16 mos. Most likely but if I win I get all my shit back and can grow again either way il be proud I fought for my rights and that's something I can live with. I have principles I don't compromise for any 1 and saying I'm guilty and then sitting in jail six mos. Would drive me nuts but on the other hand if I fight and lose I still stuck to what I beleive in and those 16 mos. Will be done with pride!

I urge every 1 to fight there case (within reason ofcourse) because the more MMJ cases they lose the less likely they'll be file on other MMJ growers they don't like losing cases it embarrasses them and they don't like that so If you have a winable case fight it!!

FUCK ALL COPS FUCK ALL DEA AGENTS FUCK ALL DISTRICT ATTYS. AND MOST OF ALL FUCK ALL SNITCHES!!!!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow man, sorry to hear about the snitch, I've been told it will take 12 months after the bust for you to find out who it was.

I'd go for a public defender and plead not guilty, with over 50% of californians supporting legalization, and over 80% support MMJ, they will have a hard time finding a jury to convict you.

THCforus

don't they have to take pictures for evidence, and doesn't a plant have to have roots before its considered a plant? If so, then how could they possibly present this in court as 90 plants or whatever..

Yes, this is true but it doesnt stop them from presenting felonious numbers anyway.
Thats how my case went from a state level, to federal. I was indicted for more than 100 when i really had no more than 70-75.
I believe that they try to push for the mandatory min., knowing that a lot of people will plead out, before trying to fight a federal case. If you lose in federal court, they hand you your ass.
Also in some cases, the evidence pics they take are not very good, making it hard to discern the actual plant number. ie.(blurry, too far away, all grouped together.
The bullshit plant numbers, to me ,is the most aggravating thing about my case.
my 2 cents.

THCforus

its been a while since I posted but seeing as I'm out on bail and have an open felony case I can't grow right now so theres ni real reason for me to post not to mention its depressing as fuck to look at and talk about plants when all I wanna do is get my garden going again I really miss it I don't feel right unless I've got something growing you know?
But neways I just wanted to thank every1 that left their well wishes and to give you an update.

There is an informant I don't know who and Im also still not clear on what exactly constitutes an informant,could it mean a neighbor a utility worker or what what I do know is my PD is filing a motion to unseal that info so il find out. They offered me six months in LA county jail 3 years probation and a felony on my record! Some fuckin deal huh? I said no obviously fuck the DA, if I go to trial and lose il get 16 mos. Most likely but if I win I get all my shit back and can grow again either way il be proud I fought for my rights and that's something I can live with. I have principles I don't compromise for any 1 and saying I'm guilty and then sitting in jail six mos. Would drive me nuts but on the other hand if I fight and lose I still stuck to what I beleive in and those 16 mos. Will be done with pride!

I urge every 1 to fight there case (within reason ofcourse) because the more MMJ cases they lose the less likely they'll be file on other MMJ growers they don't like losing cases it embarrasses them and they don't like that so If you have a winable case fight it!!

FUCK ALL COPS FUCK ALL DEA AGENTS FUCK ALL DISTRICT ATTYS. AND MOST OF ALL FUCK ALL SNITCHES!!!!!

Amen brother, well said.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I always thought that is what screws most people over, a scale and guns? Guns are a :noway: when u grow.

According to THEM.

If both are legal to own separate then they are legal to own together. People who don't have a med card OR are getting charged federally HOWEVER would be smart to keep that shit out of the house.

It is bullshit that this is even an issue though, the right to own guns EXCEPT when you are doing any or all of the following:

growing
breathing
walking

Our country will try and take away our gun rights BUT good luck with that one because if we only have one last right it sure as hell is going to be our gun rights. Take them away? fuck no BUT more than happy to tack on charges anytime we choose to enjoy the 2nd ammendment.

Now with the med card being expired which btw I don't think I would be writing about all this shit especially if right now they are trying to find cause to bust or tack more shit on you.

What I would be doing currently is getting my med card renewed and speaking with the doctor asking if he would go to court IF needed as some docs will back up their patients.

Cannasuer

well the motherfuckers charge me with another felony 1 day before my trial starts!!!
when they first raided they charged me with posession w/ intent and cultivation then they dropped the cultivation and 10 months later they pick it back up. I know people say they hate cops and shit but until you actually get busted and see how the court system really works you don't know what hate is. My only comfort is knowing the day will come where they have to awnser for their crimes against people
"judge not lest ye be judged" (end rant). But last week they offered me 6 mos county jail 3 yrs. Probation and a felony on my record this week they add a felony and offer me plead to a lesser charge ( posession of over an ounce) time served and 3 yrs probation so I think by adding a charge they thought I'd take a deal but I'm a marine all I know is to fight and It would hurt me alot more to take a deal and have to say I'm guilty then if I fight and lose and have to do jail time its just against my principles to give up so fuck them I'm taking it to trial.

My pd ask to extend the trial date so she could get a cannabis and cultivation expert, the da objected saying due to the fact my rec was 2 mos. Expired that I have no basis for a medical marijuana defense but the judge said that that's an 402 trial issue and granted the extension. I've had a rec for the past 4 yrs. And have 1 now and will have 1 for the forseeable future and that skinny da bitch is saying I don't have a mmj defense? WTF?
anyone looking at my case and the fact I have no record and am a disabled marine and on disability could see I do fall under the compassionate use act and have the right to self medicate. The only thing I learned from all this is always keep your rec up to date and put money aside for an Atty. And never grow in one spot too long if I had of found somewhere else to do my show this wouldn't of happened also if I had of not been lazy I could of harvested everything a week before the raid if I wanted too it was ready also all the dry bud could have been moved to another location. From now on when I do grow il be harvesting asap and drying it elsewhere also I will keep my scale at a freinds this way I spend less time with potential charges. I should if been more careful but I thought I was legal. Anyway I still havent found out who snitched but the motion being filed to unseal the warrant. So that's what's new in my life.

P.S. Does any one know of any good dispenseries in LA that have good cheap hash?

L

lid

Something similar happened to my friend and they offered the same deals. I thought he was crazy for taking it to trial. Well on the day of the trial they offered him a simple misdemeanor for possession, no probation or time. Just a small fine. His guns are another story. 2 yrs. later he is still fighting to get them back.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take the misdemeanor man! Be smart, not in jail and made an example of. Good luck.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
before hearing what everybody else had to say, i was thinkin uh oh GUNS around this is prime for prosecution propoganda, drugs and violence

Latest posts

Latest posts