What's new

i got 2 computerfans

G

120mm fans. can they keep a 3sq ft (x3ft high) cab with 150w hps cool? 100w?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
What's the temp outside the cabinet? Inside? What's the cfm rating of the fans? Are you using any kind of filters over them, because this will drastically reduce their efficacy. Will you be using them both as exhaust with passive intake? A little more information is necessary.

G

ok ambient temps outside cab will be 22-23°C and inside i was thinking 29°C. i was thinking of using a 250w hps first but those get very hot. no filters but some simple vented hood (airtight) with the two fans.http://www.nexustek.nl/120mmcasefan.htm

36.87 cfm. they are very silent

G

37 cfm should be a little more than 1m3-1000L per minute, (x2) is that enough?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Kinda weak for 120mm fans, theyre usually rated at 90 cfm. I think you should aim above 100cfm, so another one or two of those fans might do it.

Remember that fans do absolutley nothing if you place them in the wrong place. Intakes/passive intakes should be near the bottom of the cab, and the exhaust should be on the top near the light.

Last edited:
G

i was thinking some kind of cooltube´ish but it sucks from the outside and blows it outside of the cab, like a closed circuit

bostrom155

Outside of cab temp is great, give it a shot with a cooltube, probably wont make much of a diff, but who knows.

Latest posts

Latest posts