What's new

I finally smoke DP's strawberry cough

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
So you feel that the cough is a mood elevator eh?? i had only one other strain thatme and the wife both agreed on being a mood elevator and thats the prophet pheno i got from steele... just makes you happier almost lighter floating feeling... im gonna have to snag that kkcs one of these days -=P

it absolutely is. there is an oldschool member that I used to know on OG who got his KKSC cut directly from the high times crew, and grew that and sour D exclusively in NYC for years. he was probably the biggest cough advocate other than me. but on many occassions we had discussions about the anti-depressant/mood enhancing qualities of the strain. I've battled anxiety and such for most of my life, and back in my late teens when it wasn't too much of a problem, smoking cough was a cure every time.

Now it's like candy to me. I smoke through cough jars faster than anything else, because there is no ceiling on the high, and it just puts a smile on my face every time I smoke it. the flavor, the smell, the high. all beautiful.

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
I think it is rare to find a winner in the DP version but a friend has a cut from DP circa '06 which is absolutely bomb, it really needs 75+ days to finish properly for me though. Has all the qualities you speak of and is all he smokes. I dont grow it but I love to smoke it, it has an awesome sat dom high. Luck of the draw I guess.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
yeah, sounds like he got lucky if he found a keeper, except for one thing. cough is done 60-65 days. so whatever they hit it with to make their seeds is obviously a sativa dom male. so other than that, if it's good weed it's good weed, I just haven't seen any DP beans turn into fire, and they literally turned my favorite strain into schwag.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It is a great shame that there isn't any reliable crosses which bring out the qualities of the mother. It's hard reading this thread, thinking about my location, and knowing that a cut of the real KKSC is probably never going to come my way.

I hope someone does do the cut some justice and get it out to the global masses in the form of a cross. I for sure will be trying it.

EDIT: Well I guess I should of looked harder and remembered that of course Rez brought out DSD line. This by the way will be up on Sbay again soon. Apparently reworked... I think this might be my best chance of getting something closer to KKSC

jm420

Veteran
SAG's Straw D Lite is even a bigger dissapointment Makes Dp look like the headys

what garbage. I've been smoking the KKSC for almost 10 years and it is my favorite strain of all time. Kyle sold it to DP in '06 I was pissed cause I knew they wouldn't do the proper work to keep the good name of the cough. And I was right. Fuck Dutch Passion for not doing proper breeding with such an important strain.

To anyone who thinks the Strawberry Cough sucks because you've grown DP's version. Don't give up. Find the real clone. It's been my favorite strain for 10 years and probably won't get knocked off soon.

I'm so happy to hear this. Dutch Passion does have some good strains, but their Strawberry Cough, Durban Poison AND Blueberry have all given me trouble...I assumed it was me. But I've grown a lot of strains that did not give me trouble low yields of low quality bud. Dutch Cheese, Chocolope, Mazar, UK Cheese, God Bud, Sweet God, and other all did fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts