What's new

I dug too deep I think

neongreen

Veteran
Good suggestion

I'm going to try EM-5 which will include garlic!

http://www.emshop.co.nz/fermentation-production/how-to-make-em-5

Today I finished layering. I mis-counted! There were actually another 2 layers to do on TW #2! So that's 7 in total!

While doing so, I encountered roots close to the surface, which is a nice sign!

I also sprayed them and the soil with the Lacto Bacilli that I cultured. Should be interesting to see if that does anything.

neongreen

Veteran
Update time

Update time

Today I set up a water bath made out of a 40l rubber maid and a aquarium heater so I can brew this EM-5 at the correct temperature. It should be warm enough to start the brew tomorrow hopefully... if not then it's back to the shop for a bigger heater!

I've also been covering over some of the exposed main stems with soil to encourage more rooting, which should mean less support during flower. I'm going to have to stake them I think.

Blowfish
picture.php

Seems to be doing just fine.

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

I think shes being set back by the pest that's attacking her :no:

I descided not to completely cover the remaining parts of her main stem that are still visible above the soil, since she still has allot of her foliage close to the ground, and I don't want to stress her any more. I just covered the part closest to the Blowfish this time. I'll wait a week or two, and I'll have to thin out some of the smaller branches, and foliage that's close to the ground.

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

picture.php

She's grown enough since her last layering that I was able to lay down some more soil in that area, as well as the rest of her.

picture.php

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I did a little work on the Task today which I'll complete over the next day or two, but shes certainly looking in great shape.

I think I'll keep piling on the soil up till about 1/3 of the way through flowering. I don't see how it can do any harm, providing I don't over do it!

bongcritter

Your ladies look nice...sorry to see about the bug problems...I've had tons of bug problems this year, it sucks!

I just read through the thread and I'm still not positive what that top layer of stuff you have there circling your plants is?? Is it some kind of nutrient and part of your layering you were talking about, or is it something to keep bugs away?

Sorry for the noob question...nice thread though!!

neongreen

Veteran
Thanks Bong

Yeah, the bugs... if it wasn't for them (ok, the weather too lol)...

The light stuff? That's horticultural grade sharp-sand, to keep the slugs n snails away. They dislike it since sand and slime don't mix too well. They hate it! It does a pretty good job, but I scatter some organic slug pellets around too from time to time.

Good luck with yours

Thanks jay. Shes pretty ain't she. I counted about 5 "main" colas :D

neongreen

Veteran
The Taskenti is an intriguing strain isn't it!

From the breeder, Cannabiogen:

Taskenti

Type: Indica 100%

Vegetative period: Minimum 30 days for high performance.

Flowering: 55/65 days

Outdoors: Middle October

Yield: 350-400 gr/m2

A 100% Indica originated in Uzbekistan. Its name comes from one of the best hash in the world, according to experts; a very powerful and resinous strain, of enormous yield, mainly outdoors.

It has a refined and subtle hashish perfume, a shade between mint and lemon, very intense.

Original latitude and height cultivation conditions have made its acclimatization very simple, similar to Southern Spain Mountains. Nevertheless a meticulous selection and improvement work has been done to fix genetic dominance for the most important aspects, allowing simultaneously diversifying the zones of growing indoors (also hydroponics) and outdoors.

Indoors plants mature in 7-9 weeks, needing a good ventilation and dry atmosphere, mainly in flowering. Vegetative period: Minimum 30 days for high performance

She actually has a bit of NL in her...

Taskenti:
The commercial release has some NL in it.What I know is that kaiki bought it @ Sensi,in the early 90´s and it was sensational.My guess is that it´s the NL5xNl2...
The pure Uzbeki has longer internodes and the buds are more like golf balls,and different than the NL ones.It also late for an indica.
The Uzbeki was crossed to a NL and line- bred for 4 generations.Then,one selected male from this f4 was used to pollinate a parallel line of Uzbeki,a very potent female with a great taste.
And from what I´ve gathered,the commercial release is a "F8"
It´s Uzbeki with a little NL in it.Taskenti is SOLD-OUT @ CBG,but retailers sure still have some.I heard that more seeds from CBG will be available within a few months Raco

Pure Uzbekistan strain, and their hybrid result called as Taskenti, always showed us two main phenos.. Hard to take them out from the original landrace strain... as well. Or columnar or taller pheno with longer internodals... Never changed after its breeding, both types were in offsprings selected as well but the longest and latest phenos showed us some very strong traits.. kind of narcotic effect suites into hard nugged plants (golf ball type nugs)

Originally both were used for charas hash type. Our selections used always the most potent ones, although longer internodals). As pure, the Uzbekistan may need 12-14 weeks to fully mature and its potency is really atonishing. Hpefully, Taskenti yhbrid seems to reduce much better its flowering time. A Sensi's "Nothern Lights" was originally crossed to it for quickest results and meisosis.. anyhow, its own aroma, type of charas hash, and potency leaded the breeding on such direction as the most interesting.

Can't remember who posted that, but it was probably Raco or one of the other dudes involved with ACE/Cannabiogen.

From what I've seen so far Cannabiogen did a great job with this one. Not too many true IBLs out there apart from the well known stuff like AK, WW, BB, C99, etc. I like things that are a bit different to what most are growing :smile:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
neongreenhow about an update bro i just got to see how this ends mate... top effort so far very impressed :D

hanuman

Very nice plants neongreen, and a very interesting project. For easier rooting of some parts of the stem, scraping the surface of the stem with a knife can help roots to come out.

good luck

h :ying:

nomaad

Veteran
The Taskenti looks nice. Mounding around the base should give them a boost in the rooting department, but also can promote stem rot fromn what I understand. A foliar spray with superthrive or something else with Naptholene Acetic Acid will also help and not risk rot.

neongreen

Veteran
neongreenhow about an update bro i just got to see how this ends mate... top effort so far very impressed :D

Thanks shroomy - Been a bit busy, but I'll update in the next 48 hours.

Very nice plants neongreen, and a very interesting project. For easier rooting of some parts of the stem, scraping the surface of the stem with a knife can help roots to come out.

good luck

h :ying:

hanuman - Thanks. Yeah, I should have scraped them. Next time I will!

like the Blowfish as well, i put 4 of them out this year myself :yes:
nice grow
:smoweed:

Excellent stuff Brother, and thanks for the kind words! I'll have to stop by your thread and see how your fishes are doing.

The Taskenti looks nice. Mounding around the base should give them a boost in the rooting department, but also can promote stem rot fromn what I understand. A foliar spray with superthrive or something else with Naptholene Acetic Acid will also help and not risk rot.

Cheers nomaad. I've been a little worried about the stem rot, but so far, touch wood, thins seem fine in that department. One thing I have noticed, is that the leaf stems, when covered in soil, often shrivel up. Appreciate the tip on Naptholene Acetic Acid. I have a bit of ST here I could use, if I can get the top off that is lol.

very interesting from the sounds and looks of it. im still watching.
thanks, little j.

Thanks for sticking around little j :wave:

Sweet, thanks for the description man. The Task sounds like it could be excellent breeding stock.

You're welcome bro. That's the main reason I germed the Task... I was hoping for a male, but she had other ideas, so I'll have reverse her sex myself :D

This way may be better thinking about it. I get the best of both worlds. A beautiful female thats hopefully got some nice buddage on her, and her pollen so I can pass on her genes.

Here's another quote

Originally Posted by zamalito
With $200 petrolia headstash packs Afghanis seem to be a popular strain lately and I wanted to run my theory on this by you. I'm a sativa guy and not a fan of the latest trichome covered purple f1 indicas but the afghani is something I've always loved w/ a flavor that can't be produced by anything else.

Ok, the commonly accepted history of the afghani is something many of you know but I'll run thru it just bring the rest of you up to speed.

In the late 1800's the Russian explorer Vavilov (a sort of Russian version of a combination Linnaeus and Louis & Clarke) explored Afghanistan. He noted that the afghans were cultivating sativas for hashish production and the variety of wild plants used by nomadic groups were indica. So what happened to the legendary afghan hash sativa? My theory is this. First off our definition of indica is probably quite different from Vavilov's 120 years ago. Interestingly one of vavilov's criteria for the taxonomic classification of indica was a height of less than 3 feet. The afghan hashish culture was composed of immigrants from Russian and ChineseTurkestan (approx location of modern day uzbekistan and xinjiang province of china) I believe that what vavilov labeled as cultivated sativa were actually giant pure indicas brought to afghanistan from turkestan. The reason these plants are no longer in afghanistan is while the climate of the two countries are similar and they both are irrigated by melted runoff from snow melting in the spring afghanistan is prone to EXTREME drought lasting sometimes ten years. The regions around Samarkand and Yarkand (the two areas of turkestan that supposedly produced hash that would make bubbleman blush even before christ existed) have large areas of deciduous forest showing that there's ample water supply to support very large cannabis plants. Because of these droughts afghanistan doesn't have any very large deciduous forest covered areas. Another piece of evidence is the gorgeous 6-9 ft tall uzbek hash plant indica strains (of which I have two hehe). One of which is the Tashkenti from cannabiogen. I purchased some about 2-3 years ago and it stretches more indoors than my zamal!! But its 100% indica and makes wonderful hash. If you look at the structure of a true p1 afghan you see short height, short branches that stay close to the main stem, and a dense covering of resin covered wide leaves with little actual flower weight. All of these are adaptations that allow the plant to conserve water in dry air during drought and simultaneously use the sun to efficiently produce trichome. Since I don't believe that resin helps the plant deal with drought it just seems far fetched that the plants developed their resin producing ability simultaneous to adapting to such a terrible climate. The hi resin trait must have been developed separately then combined with the wild afghans. While the afghani does have the traits that matter for producing good hash I believe that the genes from the wild indicas that allowed them to survive the hellacious afghan drought eventually carried over to the hash plants out of neccessity for survival. So the afghan hash sativas probably either never existed or are something we've been overlooking for a while now depending on how you look at it (at least in my opinion). BTW It takes a lot of balls for me to disagree RC Clarke who says it actually was a sativa.

neongreen

Veteran
Update - About one week before flowering starts!

Update - About one week before flowering starts!

Seems like they're doing ok to me, apart from a Mg deficiency which is affecting Trainwreck #2 more than the others. I foliar fed with nettle FPE earlier, and have a few other things lined up that should take care of it.

Blowfish
picture.php

Trainwreck #1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trench 2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck #2
picture.php

Taskenti
picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

Wow neongreen...they are looking great!!!

I wish I was as good at keeping bugs away as you are...whats the secret??? Is it the sand you are using at the base, does that keep most bugs away?? Or are bugs just not a huge problem where you are in general??

Btw, thanks so much for the kind words in my thread!

Do you find yourself re-applying the sand after it rains??? Do you just put it on the ground there surrounding the plot, nowhere else???

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering what the secret is to keeping off bugs like you do!!! Seems like I've had tons of bug problems this season.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
The garden looks so healthy and happy, would like to be chilling there with your babies and a joint, I bet it's a relaxing place to be! :joint:

They're all putting on some size now, the Blowfish in particular :yoinks: Loving the fans on that Task too, the size, shape, the overall structure of the plant too.

Keep it up bro, I hear the next few days are gonna be a bit more settled weather wise, fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Latest posts