What's new

I Claim Asylum

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I remember them lecturing HEATH ROBINSON that he really needed to be using reflectors in his bare bulb vert grows:rolleyes: and that he was losing lots of yield.
LOLOLOLOL They went all quiet:tumbleweed: when someone linked the archive of his grows on another forum and they realised who they were condescending to.

I also remember, when I first joined up there, someone asked where to get seeds, so I linked em to Gypsy. Cheeky fucking mods edited my post and inserted their own shop in place of the seeds direct(yes, it was that long ago) link. Remove the link, that's fine, no different than what has happened here, but to make it look like I am recommending a shop I've never used is fucking bang out of order.
There are a few good members though to be fair....1 guy helped me no end when I was making my old climate controller.

Welcome to ICMag...

Last edited:

audioaddict

I've been at that site for over 5 years now and while I have encountered my fair share of idiots, and even criticised the cliquey nature of the older heads there, I don't think it is anything you won't find on any other forum on the internet.

I have had my problems with people being idiots here too... idiots are everywhere, especially on the net.

Both sites have provided me with invaluable information and access to top drawer genetics, allowing me to grow my own herb instead of spending silly money buying it, a positive fact I prefer to concentrate on these days... and think it is high time some unity was aimed towards instead of infighting over who has the bestest message board, both sites have their ups and downs and we all have a common enemy.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I think that is a bit out of order to be posting on a public board, especially as I really do not think it is true.

I've been at that site for over 5 years now and while I have encountered my fair share of idiots, and even criticised the cliquey nature of the older heads there, I don't think it is anything you won't find on any other forum on the internet.

I have had my problems with people being idiots here too... idiots are everywhere, especially on the net.

Both sites have provided me with invaluable information and access to top drawer genetics, allowing me to grow my own herb instead of spending silly money buying it, a positive fact I prefer to concentrate on these days... and think it is high time some unity was aimed towards instead of infighting over who has the bestest message board, both sites have their ups and downs and we all have a common enemy.

Nothing that hasn't been said on public boards before, but I am just repeating the word. Maybe I am out of order when I have no personal knowledge of it.
I don't really like editing my past posts to remove things I've said, as I don't like to feel like, or give the impression that I'm "Covering my tracks". But due to the nature of the post and sensitivity of the subject, I will remove it as I have no personal knowledge of it and should have kept my gob shut instead of mindlessly parroting gossip.....
Obviously it will remain in your response unless you choose to edit it.
Toke it easy.

audioaddict

Aye, have edited mine also.

I know what you mean about not wanting to edit your post as it looks like you're changing your story etc etc... obviously that's not the case here, but I have spoken to the guy in question and hung around on the said message board enough to be sure that such stories are untrue and probably originate from someone who has beef with him.

Cheers :)

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran

id say you get idiots everywhere. however the frequency of idiots there is high.

i remember an argument about foxtails.. a mod there was adament that they should be called stacked calyxs. he got so upset over it he pm'ed me giving me his whole life story and how he has been growing 20yrs, thought he was probs crying the other end of the message he was so desperate to prove his worth. pathetic.

then i posted what is the best blueberry in seed form... general answer?? smellyberry(ugorg)
then bestout door strain... smellyberry(ugorg)
strongest strain smoked ...smellyberry(ugorg)

stupid forum.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
there are loads of idiots in this world and then there are ignorant bullies, and on that site the ignorant bullies run the show and the idiots are their fanboys..

UK *cough cough* 420 is the most negative forum I've ever been on, my last post, which got me banned in 2010, was when I said in their equivalent of tokers den that joolz had an ego the size of ben nevis. Never visited the site since

audioaddict

Like I said, both forums have their ups and downs, and I visit both on a daily basis.

Over there I do see a lot of hype for Ugorg seeds, same as over here I see a lot of hype for elite clones that a lot of people have no access to... both sites have what could be perceived by newcomers as a clique to be fair.
How many people have you seen getting shot down on here for not having the real ChemD or being told that their ECSD is fake?

Plus, I think a lot of people over there recommend ugorg seeds because they're the best seeds those people making the recommendations have ever grown, and most know the breeder personally... regardless of whether you like ugorg or not, they are well bred top quality genetics... if that's the best you have ever grown then why would you recommend anything else.
And as a footnote to that statement, taste in cannabis is subjective therefore saying you have grown better stuff is only your opinion.
I will also note that the anti-bias for ugorg is stronger over here than the positive ugorg bias is over there, they have plenty of ugorg haters on ***** and plenty of people speaking in superlative about other breeders... Bodhi being a prime example of that.

Budpreacher. You say ***** is a negative site, yet you openly admit that you got banned for throwing insults around, how can you label them as negative when you yourself admit giving them a reason to be negative.
Imagine someone coming here and calling Gypsy an egocentric... how long would they last?

Lost in a sea, if you think that site is run by ignorant bullies then fair enough, that's your opinion... mine differs.
I honestly think there are ignorant people on every forum and in every walk of life and am yet to see an example of their mods being bullies, being completely honest about it.

SiftedUnity yes, I agree there is a massive ugorg fanbase on *****... the breeder is a personal friend to a lot of people there so it is only natural.
If you have a personal friend who breeds good quality cannabis seeds, would you recommend anyone else over them?
I do agree though, your example made me chuckle a little bit as it doesn't matter what request gets made ugorg will always be the most common recommendation;

Best pure African sativa? - Smellyberry!
Ok then, what's the best pure indica? - Smellyberry! :tiphat:

I find it predictable sometimes, but nothing to get angry or spiteful about really is it?

And just for the record the only reason I revisited this thread with such guile, before I am labelled as a ugorg/***** fanboy, is because I recieved this negative rep in response to my previous posts in this thread;

******* - your one of them! (edited, as the user in question pointed me towards the ToU rule that I cannot share the contents of a PM sent to me without the senders permission, no matter how much that PM was designed to irritate or insult.)

Really?
I am one of whom?

I visit both forums, I don't grow ugorg or elite clones (no access to either... no money to buy new seeds atm and not "elite" enough to source clone onlys)
I post on ***** more often these days simply because I got more used to that sites layout, that is all.

I just don't understand why all the bitchiness, have you got nothing better to do?
If you don't like ***** then fair enough, but bashing them on other forums makes you look childish, most of the accusations made on here are unfounded or at least massively exaggerated and also do not lend credibility to ICmag... it makes this forum look like a gang of bitches to be frank.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
ok the difference there imo is most of the elite cuts are the shit,, whereas ugorg is shit..

all their crosses win the cups and those that can grow legally with all the time and space in the world seem to feel they are good, some closet growers in the uk talking about hype when they haven't tried something is typical.. just spite..

this is the only time ive ever taken the time to say how crap that site is and it is because the op had had such a bad experience there he titled this thread as he did.. and i haven't seen anyone else on icmag bother to take the time to slag them off,, just felt fitting to say what i was thinking.. someone said they give brits a bad name and i agree..

i feel sorry for those like the op that feel they wasted time around those particular idiots is all..

I

izzywozzywizzy

Most fools and know-alls who grow get caught ,ive seen it all.see no evil hear no evil.peace.

G

GreenPlant

Aye, have edited mine also.

I know what you mean about not wanting to edit your post as it looks like you're changing your story etc etc... obviously that's not the case here, but I have spoken to the guy in question and hung around on the said message board enough to be sure that such stories are untrue and probably originate from someone who has beef with him.

Cheers :)

Consequence of weed... I edit My posts alot !? :smoke:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
audio addict you can share reps if you want if he doesn't want you talking about it then he should have kept his gob shut then you would have had nothing to say

simples

peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
im not talking bout you Harry :blowbubbles:

I saw the unedited post before audio addict edited his post the part in bold writing previous page

peace

I know, I'm just trying to keep it friendly here, and not have us all do the exact same thing, that makes the other place pretty lame, ie cliqueyness and ganging up.
We can't help it really, Human Beings are totally tribal, it shows in rivalry between different groups of sports fans, or the way the kids at school separate out into groups based on the music they listen to and the fashions they follow. It's in our nature, and it comes out in all of us sometimes. We crave a "Them", to unite "Us".

And I shouldn't have posted what I did.

Unless I missed something else??

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
what ruffled my feathers was the guy who sent the negative rep did it with his double account so hiding behind another handle dishing out neg rep

totally ironic him pointing out the tou lmao

peace