What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I choose radio or televison any day! anyone else feel that way?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to have all them modern gadgets...
I find life to be much more peaceful without them tho.

I don't own a tv anymore. Just my dying computer & my "smart" phone.
Radios as bad as tv w all the commercials & extra bull shit a listener is subjected to.

I notice though... Whenever I go to somebody else's house & the tv is on...
There's typically no conversation cause everybody is focused on that infernal magic box.

Tv, more so than radio imo, is nothing more than a distraction from what's real & important in life. People!

N

noyd666

so I went and bought a 200 watt logitech an plugged the fuker in and now the music on u-tube is being flogged. reading ic mag to bucket head.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Cable TV and radio are great for the illusion of companionship and the stimulation they can provide - and they can always be turned off!

..... it's the Smart phone I'm getting ready to ditch.:tiphat:

-Ironlion

fck tv and radio! I watch only movies on pc and listen my own track collection in the car!

no need that fckin brainwash anymore from tv and radio.

you can read the news online too.

:):yes: ... .

yup.Something can be really joyful and Nourishing even but then !? :yoinks: ... they show and/or SPEAK some yuk.

The yuk is Pollution , then folk often talk the yuk! lul,im Switzerland (or in coventry)

F

FreeUrMind

Best time I have ever had is when there was a power outage whole family was talking
And having a great time.

k-s-p

Veteran
My old TV crapped out in February. I didn't replace it and probably will not. I can watch about any college sports game I want to see, can read my news online, weather etc. Same as others I load music on a tablet and listen to the in a car and rarely listen to radio anymore.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I watch and listen to everything.....mostly internet stuff tho...altho my remote for tv you can talk to and get stuff quick....yeehaw

F

FreeUrMind

Took the kids wild camping in highlands they spent whole time in
Tents watching videos on there phones.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm paying a developer in the Ukraine ( no copyright :moon: ) to create a "personal youtube" to save approx. 10,000 video's that I've saved from yt. You won't be able to find it on the internet, it will all be hidden but I got tired of not being able to watch The Beatles and so many other cool vids that have been removed because of copyright etc yet ARE available elsewhere in the world.

Cost me about a grand .:biggrin:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best time I have ever had is when there was a power outage whole family was talking
And having a great time.

Yeah we had a good time with that too until a couple scumbags tried breaking in, in the middle of the night. I had my .45 against the one sob's head right up until the police came to take him away. The other one ran so fast he should have tried out for the Olympics.

F

FreeUrMind

Yeah we had a good time with that too until a couple scumbags tried breaking in, in the middle of the night. I had my .45 against the one sob's head right up until the police came to take him away. The other one ran so fast he should have tried out for the Olympics.

Haha don't think I could have not pulled the trigger.fucking scumbags

St. Phatty

I just found a digital antenna at a garage sale.

I'm amazed what people pay for Telecom - phone & entertainment/propaganda.

Floridian

Veteran
I have to know what's happenin in the world,even though it is mostly disappointing or shocking.I wouldn't want to be totally without it.You can always choose to turn it off but if you don't have it,you can't turn it on.I do get a lot of information on Liveleak.com though