What's new

I caught the RIPPERS!!!

localhero

so what ran them off then? the dogs? make sure you have plenty of no tresspassing signs in case anything does go down.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
That was recently done as well in Maryland. The have a task force that goes out on foot to well known areas and scouts for plots. They came across 2 that had explosives rigged up as well as some of that vietnam punji stick action. Assholes like that give us a bad name and make it that much harder to ever get the weed legal.

haha thats awesome...break out the punji stakes for those marijuana rippers

K

kannubis

I am glad to live in a place where the 2nd amendment is upheld for its citizens.

Slangheat

I got my gun out of my house for the season and I keep a high powered pellet gun. I figure if someone is coming to rip me with a gun they'll come through my front door well prepared, not trying to sneak through my back fence. I just stay up all night with a laptop, coffee, and plenty of smelly herb for the lil prowling fucks to smell while they sit and wait nearby. I catch em on the fence, they get pelted and then beat when the rest of my crew wakes up.

No guns though... not worth it no matter what the situation is.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I wonder how many ripper vs. grower (w/ dogs or guns) interactions have ended in rippers never coming back...

... as in death...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In these times,, then,, do what you have to do to protect you and your family,,, (cause no-one else will). I n I a pacifist btw,, but there are lines,, its called the perimeter of my property!

Oh and give the dogs a bone each for a job well done :yes:

We had all night rain, I slept in a tent with 6 dog houses around my area.
Apparently one of the rippers is a local looser known for extreme violence.
When he ran out he ran out by a group of hunters with guns, they all ran ofter the guy (And gave me both their names and their house address)

I thought about consulting an attorney because during the chase my room mate took a nasty fall in the panic.

doublejj

Veteran
In my neighborhood, if you don't take some protection when you go check on your pot, don't bother going. You might as well leave them some plastic garbage bags & zipties, to make it easy for them.

Sandnut

GOOD, you must be happy, toobad dogs didnt get a taste, do you have any idea if it's anyeone who knows you or just some random crackheads?

I love dogs.

Everyone who grows should have it for protection.... smithers release the hounds!!!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No more discussing the g word.

jj might soil himself and close the thread.

I have my fair share of them but I'm not going to discuss them on here along with growing. We don't need to red flag any feds with allowing conversations about shooting people while we grow.

You should have been able to figure that one out on your own....

Like I said I dont own a single gun.
I just need to buy butcher bones. :tiphat:

The one on the right is 170 pounds and last year he took down an adult deer in about 4 seconds.
Mauled it like a grizzly and preceded to eat it.

Im not sure if any one can Imagine how powerfull a 170 pound mastiff is when he is pissed, its a shaking experience, let alone seeing it covered in blood and not altogether wagging like usual.

Attachments

• 100_6814.jpg
    100_6814.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_6839.jpg
    100_6839.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 8
W

whiterasta

There are motion sensor sprinklers to keep deer away that can surround a garden with a real surprise. Those coupled with motion lights are a tough and wide barrier to get to a garden fence where a fence charger and wire are a non-lethal deterrent to any further advancement. hitting a fence wire while soaking wet is enough to turn away the most determined ripper
PS multiple feed leads from the charger to the wire really screw someone who cuts it and thinks it's dead and the sprinkler alarm hooked to some fish emulsion in a sunny tank is just nasty.
WR:tiphat:
EDIT; to add,
Dogs are great if you are there to back them up otherwise I would not risk my Boochie boy( 90 lb Amstaff) getting smacked down or shot. So only release the hounds if your the back up and ready to act. And yes even a 170lb mastiff is not hard to drop with a bat or crow bar and no crop is worth that.This comes from a guy raised with big dogs like our 260lb short hair Saint named Spike.He made big dogs look like toys, he ate badgers in a single crunch, he was fast,he was half mean, but a solid guy with a metal bar could have douched him. So as someone who has been around REAL dogs,know their limitations and be there to hold the line. Don't risk them to be able to handle a gun or as I said a solid man with a crow bar.

Last edited:

Norkali

Had rippers scouting the past two nights....both times we were ready, they knew that we knew they were there.

Should be an interesting night tonight; I expect them to either go for the rip tonight, either that or call off the plan.....this will be interesting.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We suggest a fire-hose on a motion censor,, the intruders will scream like girls if the water's cold,, and run home to get warm. Just remember to reposition the sensor next run!

NOTE: THE ROBBERS ARE MOST LIKELY KIDS,, SO LEAVE THE GUNS (and gun talk) IN THE LOBBY ANY WANNABEE JOHN WAYNES lEAVE YOUR BOOTS AT YARD!!! sein,, peace n loves my vibe

Please let's keep it real,,, which brings me onto the comment below.

Im not sure if any one can Imagine how powerfull a 170 pound mastiff is when he is pissed, its a shaking experience.

I n I can,, and not sure if you know much about Mastiffs! Mastiffs that are bred for temperament (google it) dont need to bite,, or draw blood.. it is not in their nature to do so unless really provoked or (pls excuse my language ladies) some dumb fucking idiot trained them to bite!! Mindful Mastiff breeds can normally drop even the tallest of ppl to the ground without even harming them (physically at least), so please keep it t-f real! we are, did, done, gone

If you want a dog that bites get a terrier or a french-poodle!!! otherwise dont get a dog at all,, I am sure it could find a better owner anyhow... aka pls leave the mastiffs out of it (they are nice dogs and we dont need ppl giving unwarranted bad names again. please man). Rant over :joint:

dog = :friends: (often more intelligent than the humans that own them!).

Original poster ,, pat those dogs on the head for me.. they done good! again! :bandit:

One love All :D

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

How about claymore's on trip wires?

Actually, motion sensors are a good choice for the home grower I think.

Did some googling and as a matter of fact there are dozens of DIY home invasion/yard protection/cheating spouse survalence info out there using common off the shelf products.

I have dogs that bark...which is all they have to do...the rippers don't need to worry about the dogs...just me.

A can a bear mace, a canned air-horn and louiesville slugger are my defensive measures.

Bear mace is effective at 30 feet.

minds_I

microgram

There is a TON of security devices around. All you need is to think of something unique that someone can't get used to. Security lights are useless now-a-days. Most rippers are 'bitches' and the sound of someone elses' voice will send them flying. Rig up a tripwire to a small portable talking device, such as a set of two tape recorders, just position them differently so in case a ripper comes by both play at staggered intervals. Hearing "Hey John, The fucker is over here." "Get the fucker. *cocking noise*" Guess who will NEVER be back? No gun necessary!!!!! There are a BUNCH of free audio clips on the internet, even youtube!

Just don't forget to check them daily, rewind if necessary :).

zwh

There is a TON of security devices around. All you need is to think of something unique that someone can't get used to. Security lights are useless now-a-days. Most rippers are 'bitches' and the sound of someone elses' voice will send them flying. Rig up a tripwire to a small portable talking device, such as a set of two tape recorders, just position them differently so in case a ripper comes by both play at staggered intervals. Hearing "Hey John, The fucker is over here." "Get the fucker. *cocking noise*" Guess who will NEVER be back? No gun necessary!!!!! There are a BUNCH of free audio clips on the internet, even youtube!

Just don't forget to check them daily, rewind if necessary :).

I think just the shotgun cock will be necessary.